Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Wanna discuss Mudvayne?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Wanna discuss Mudvayne?

Old 01-31-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna discuss Mudvayne?

Foremost, I would like to have a through talk about their music, lyrics, ideas. But I'll get the ball rolling and will reply to post when they occur.
Personally, I can't stop listening to them. With such well-thought out lyrics, I'm constantly thinking about meanings/translations. I found it funny (while depressed) that Rolling Stone gave "End.." 2 1/2 stars, while they gave Jay-z's "Blueprint 2" 3-4 stars-I can't remember exactly. While that is comparing apples to oranges, still its sad because: one, Jay-z spoke nothing original. 03 Bonnie and Clyde was a 2pac song and how many times must we hear a bonnie and clyde song? Two, hip-hop is pure cliche. Hoes, "ice", "thug luv", these are hardly inspiring anymore, if ever were. Three, marketing sells. How many of you knew Mudvayne, heard their song on the radio/MTV?
I believe L.D. 50 was about alienation. Self-examination and discovery throu means of drugs, isolation, and loniliness seem to me a constant message. "Nothing to Gein", "Pharmacopia", "Prod", and "Deam Blooms" are easily the most though-provoking, entertaining, and best songs. "End..." was a great way to release a sophomore album-continue what works while explore new avenues that lead to maturity and growth. "Mercy, Serveity", "Patient Mental", "Skrying", and "Trapped in a Wake of a Dream" are all great songs-like L.D. 50 and End... there are no bad songs;albums must be listen to throughout to be fully enjoyed. Well.....
Old 02-01-03, 10:06 AM
Banned

Re: Wanna discuss Mudvayne?

Originally posted by jonpeters
Wanna discuss Mudvayne?
Nope.
Old 02-01-03, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure, I'll discuss Mudvayne.

Their music sounds like the average yelling garbage that you get from other nu metal bands, their "look" is ridiculous, and the band has no redeeming values whatsoever.
Old 02-01-03, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Brain Stew

Their music sounds like the average yelling garbage that you get from other nu metal bands, their "look" is ridiculous, and the band has no redeeming values whatsoever.

Old 02-02-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally posted by Brain Stew

Nah, Mudvayne are much worse than that.
Old 02-02-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

f*** YOU GUYS, go listen to Dave Matthews or whatever.
Old 02-02-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Wanna discuss Mudvayne?

Originally posted by evenflowddt
Nope.
Me neither.
Old 02-02-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

First of all, don't get angry you invited us to discuss Mudvayne, which I did. I made three clear points by which I do not like Mudvayne.

I personally don't like Dave Matthews either, but if it makes you feel better I will give you a list of bands that I like and you may feel free to bash them.

The Band
The Beach Boys
The Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Beck
The Clash
The Doors
Bob Dylan
Fatboy Slim
The Grateful Dead
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Moby
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Pink Floyd
The Pixies
The Prodigy
Rage Against the Machine
The Rolling Stones
Stone Temple Pilots
The Smashing Pumpkins
The White Stripes
The Who
Neil Young
Zwan

Cheers !

Last edited by Brain Stew; 02-02-03 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-06-03, 02:49 PM

I'll discuss Mudvayne (if you're still interested). I'm originally from Peoria and have known all the guys in the band for years now. I'm glad to see them get the success that they deserve, and it never ceases to amaze me when people simply lump them in with "nu metal" bands (whatever the hell that means, anyway) and bash them endlessly...
Old 02-06-03, 04:11 PM

Mudvayne will aslo be the opening act for the Metallica, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park Stadium tour up this summer.