Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

A Few Animal Crossing Questions... (Help is appreciated)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-03, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my GF a Gamecube for X-mas and some games along with Animal Crossing. Well first of all, she absolutely loves this game, adores it. Anyways, i got her the guide but shes got some issues that i figured the good people here at forum could help her out with (well me as well cuz i play it almost as must as she does)...

1. How do you get those in your town who you dont like to move out, get the stepping? She doesnt like a few of her townsfolk, particulary Cashmere, so she wants her out, also, she wants to see some new people move in sometime. So what are some ways to make people start re-locating? I heard sending them trash is a possibility, any others?

2. Whats the deal with the Snowman? We've tried countless times to assemble him and his a$$ is always complaining! He says he looks ugly and so on and so forth. We want to get the goods from him, so whats the deal?

3. Her B-Day is coming and ofcourse she wants some gifts, so far we've gotten one of them, Freckles i belive, to acknowledge that he B-Day was coming, how do we alert the others? Does telling one townsfolk helps spread the word or you have to make conversation with everyone to spread the word yourself?

4. How do we get some of these NES games, we've been playing and not one yet? What do we gotta do?

5. And lastly, she was able to go to that seperate island with her link up cable. What neccassarily is the point of the seperate island? We see one villager on the island, are we suppose to help that villager our from time to time? Take things from the island, go there and fish maybe for some exotic fish?

Well thats all i guess for now. This game is pretty great, although it can boring at times, it still manages to keep you tuning in for various things. Its funny when i go pick my GF up from work and she's like "We gotta hurry and get home before Tom Nook closes!" Anyway, thanx guys!
Old 01-22-03, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. Not sure, ignore them, make their area look crappy.

2. *shrug*

3. Maybe you need to get them to ask you.

4. Sometimes you get them as gifts, sometimes you get them from the HRA when you arrange your house using feng shui, you can get one or two for free on the animal crossing website.

5. If you go to the island and drop a bunch of fruit everywhere and then leave, you can play on the gba and get the villager to eat the fruit and he/she will leave a sack of gold. You can also bury items with the golden shovel and leave the shovel there and the villager will dig up the item and place something else there.
Old 01-22-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Yes, the island is one of the best ways to pay off your debt early on. The village likes certain kinds of fruits. If you load up your inventory (including all of your letters) with fruit, drop them all on the island, and leave, you can make the islander eat all the fruit on the gameboy (including the coconuts). She'll drop progressively larger bags of money (starts at 100, after a while 1000, then 10000 and 30000).

It's really tough to get the exact person you want to move out. You can get a random animal to move out by visiting another town. I've heard people say that mistreating them makes them move out, but I haven't tried it. Someone surrounded an animal with holes on all sides except one, which was a tree, and then chopped the tree down on them. ouch.

If you bought Animal Crossing new, you should've gotten two games in the pelican mail with the included memory card (only the first person to use the card gets this). The animal crossing website will have a new game up every month or so. You can also buy ereader cards, and get a card of a villager you have in your village. Then send him the code on the card, and you'll get a game. Lastly, the monthly auction will yield a game every once in a while.

For the snowman, roll the first snowball to almost maximum size. Then roll the second one to about 1/2 to 3/4 of the first one's size, and push them together. Haven't done it myself yet, as there are only ever two snowballs in your village, and it's usually pretty difficult to get them together. Push them over snow to make them bigger, and over unsnowed land to make them smaller.

The bday is recognized, I believe, by one character and is told to everyone. On your bday, one animal should be waiting in front of your house to give you something. I think that's how it works, at least.

Glad you guys are enjoying it. As a recent Animal Crossing addict, I was afraid that everyone had already moved on. My wife loves it, and she in general "doesn't understand" videogames. In fact, we now have multiple towns and she plays multiple people just to get more stuff...
Old 01-22-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you want them to move out, make them mad all the time by running into them alot or choosing the bad comment when they ask you a question and eventually, after the 10th or 11th time, they'll move out. I've only done it once but that's what seemed to work for me.
Old 01-22-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

beating them with the net helps too. It also helps if you stop talking to them all together. no letters either. but lots of net beating though. thats key. (besides its fun )
Old 01-22-03, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey thanx alot Fujishig, thats a ton of help and information that looks like itll be alot of help! But let me ask you a quick question on the E-Reader cards. What about if you dont have any cards of any of your fellow villagers, are the codes useless until those certain villagers move into town? Also, i bought her Animal Crossing brand new at CC but i dont remember her recieving any NES games in the pelican mail, explain this again? Oh and she finally got the Snowman right, he was happy, thanx!
Oh and Squidget, your mean! (Im gonna try that!)
Old 01-23-03, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought animal crossing new but I didn't get a letter when I started to play the game. What did I do wrong?
Old 01-23-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
You need to use the included memory card to start your game. Then after the first day (or maybe after you finish Nook's chores) you should get a mail from Nintendo with two games (random, I believe) and one song. This will only work the first time the memory card is used, for the first person using it.

Each Ereader Animal Crossing character card has two ways to get "presents." One is by scanning the card. The other is by using the code printed on the card, sending it via mail. If the character on the card is in your village (not counting special characters like Totakeke and Tortimer, etc.) you send the mail with the code to him and he'll give you something really good, usually a nintendo game. If he's not in your village, just send the code to anyone, and the animal on the card will send you an item (the same one every time).