Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Silent Hill Number 3!!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Silent Hill Number 3!!

Old 01-21-03, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silent Hill Number 3!!

Got some screen shots on this game,was wondering if anyone has found any links or has their hands on any of the videos from this game yet?
Im a big xbox fan,but ever if there was areason to buy a ps2...
wondering what info u guys got other than whats at www.konami.com/silenthill3
thanx!
Old 01-21-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...908969,00.html
http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/sh3_0116_1.mov
change the last number from 1 to 14 to view the videos

I can't wait for this game.
Old 01-21-03, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn the graphics look amazing! Wonder how they are pulling this off in real time on the PS2?
Old 01-22-03, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I too think it looks amazing as did part 2, not to mention the series is one of my favorite in general. Playing those games puts you through a unique experience thats bizzare and freaking scary! The Resident Evil series made me jump at times, but the Silent Hill games often scare you in the sense that slowly but surely, you'll wanna turn the game off from fright, but wont be able to sleep afterwards anyway. I love it, cant wait for the 3rd!
Old 01-22-03, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not exclusive is it? I don't see why it wouldn't show up on Xbox later on.
Old 01-22-03, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice! I'll be picking this one up.

My wife would only play SH2 when I was in the room. The surround-sound would really freak her out.
Old 01-22-03, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by V-ism
It's not exclusive is it? I don't see why it wouldn't show up on Xbox later on.
Hopefully it will. Not enough to get me to buy a PS2, but I'd play it on the Box.
Old 01-22-03, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
Hopefully it will. Not enough to get me to buy a PS2, but I'd play it on the Box.
you should get the ps2 b/c you can play final fantasy X on it... soon FFX-2. it's pretty good. i haven't played the grand theft auto series yet b/c i don't have the time but i hear they're good too.

good luck.
Old 01-22-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by young
you should get the ps2 b/c you can play final fantasy X on it... soon FFX-2. it's pretty good. i haven't played the grand theft auto series yet b/c i don't have the time but i hear they're good too.

good luck.
Oooh.. I'm sorry Young, I buy my video game consoles to play video GAMES not video STORIES. Seriously though.. if I took a dump, flattened it, cut it into a 5" circle, and then inserted the results into my Xbox, not only would that be more of a GAME then Final Fantasy would ever hope to be, but I'd get 100x the enjoyment from it. Hell, with my luck it's probably have Live support. That would be nice.

As for GTA.. they're fun, sort of. Lord knows I could spend countless hours causing havoc, but the minute I tried to play the missions, it got pretty boring.

My usual criteria for buying a system is 3 exclusive "Must Own" games. Xbox was first with Jet Set Radio Future, Project Gotham Racing, and Gunvalkyrie, and the eventual Panzer Dragoon Orta and Phantasy Star Online, not to mention loving support from Sega, online gaming, surround sound, custom soundtracks, and with the S controller, the finest gaming controller ever created (well 2nd behind the wavebird, but only cause that's wireless).. Gamecube was next because it was cheap, and Metroid and Zelda. Okay so that's 2 games, but either one of them can count as 3 on thier own. Honestly other than Devil May Cry, I can't think of a single game I really want for the PS2. I will not count it out though, with 1000 games made each year for it, eventually something good is going to pop up.

Good luck!
Old 01-22-03, 11:27 AM

I remember your similarly insulting post you made in my XS thread. I'll take your posts with a grain of salt and big rolling eyes.
Old 01-22-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DVD Lamer
I remember your similarly insulting post you made in my XS thread. I'll take your posts with a grain of salt and big rolling eyes.
Thanks! And to let you know, the post(s) are not aimed at people, so I wouldn't call them insulting. They're aimed at the games. Since I don't know people on this forum in person I try not to taget negative comments towards users. Young suggested I get a PS2 for a paticular game and I offered my opinion of said "game".
Old 01-22-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 395 Likes on 296 Posts
I never got through SH2, lol. Gave up on it too early, that damn fog was driving me nuts.

Old 01-22-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by nickdawgy
I never got through SH2, lol. Gave up on it too early, that damn fog was driving me nuts.

My friend who loves SH1, and can beat it every way possible, hated SH2.. I think mostly due to the character, who he named "Retard".
Old 01-22-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked my PS2 for a while... I liked GTA3 for the missions, I got bored out of my mind causing havoc. As soon as the missions were over I never touched the game again. As for FFX that was a brilliant game, I don't see how you can't like it. It is one thing to dislike the RPG genre in general, but to knock an exceptional game just for not liking RPG is completely different. I absolutely hated Metal Gear 2 because of it's pretty much non-existent gameplay, and I absolutely loved FFX. FFX's cinematics never go on for hours on end as it seems MGS2's do.
Old 01-22-03, 01:08 PM

Games don't cry.

Your posts were negative, emotional, and irrational. Hence, credibility to take you seriously on any future topics is gone.
Old 01-22-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love SH1, but SH2 is a terribly average game. There is nothing scary about it. After you see the same deformed shape for the umpteenth time and killing them EASILY with just a nail and board, the shock factor ceases to scare.

And don't get me started on the story, SH2 is even worse in that department. The puzzles, for the most part, are so simple too. I hope SH3 is better, alot better, than SH2.
Old 01-22-03, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Having trouble finding good PS2 games? are you kidding me?

SOCOM, Kingdom Hearts, SH2, Onimusha 2, FFX, GTA3, Twisted Metal: Black
Old 01-22-03, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

pixyboi...

Please, enough with the Sony bashing and thread crapping.

It's getting really old.

jw
Old 01-22-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Games don't cry.
Your posts were negative, emotional, and irrational. Hence, credibility to take you seriously on any future topics is gone.
As you've stated, games don't cry, so this is a non-issue. While I could care less about who takes me seriously, I'd like to reiterate that my posts were simply stating my opinion of the game FFX. It was not a console bash, it was not emotional (c'mon if you get emotional if somebody doesn't like a game that you do, move on and find a new hobby), nor irrational. There are several topics on this forum where members say how much a game sucks. That's an opinion, and I did not just run into a FFX thread and started making comments, I made a reply to somebody suggesting the game to me. I see many posts towards other games yet nobody says anything cause it's not "SUPER LEET FINAL FANTASY 200!!"..

pixyboi...
Please, enough with the Sony bashing and thread crapping.
It's getting really old.
jw
I didn't see any Sony bashing nor thread crapping, see above. Not once did I say Sony sucks or anything similar. I only stated that there were no games I'd be interested in buying the system for (which I see plenty of concerning Xbox or GC too.. were are the cries then?), only after somebody suggested to me a game to buy it for, after I stated that I'd play Silent Hill 3 if it were available on a system I owned.

Having trouble finding good PS2 games? are you kidding me?
SOCOM, Kingdom Hearts, SH2, Onimusha 2, FFX, GTA3, Twisted Metal: Black
SOCOM: Not my style. If it was plenty of Xbox option with better online support.
Kigdom Hearts: I like Disney, hate Square. Pass.
SH2: Is on Xbox.
Onimusha 2: Never played the first, but if I wanted to it's on Xbox and the sequel may be as well.. I've been meaning to try it out though, it does look interesting.
FFX: See above
GTA3: See above
Twisted Metal: Black: Er.. it's fun. But nothing I personally would go crazy over.

Ya'll be taking this a little too seriously. I'm not looking to get on anybody's bad side, but I, like everybody else here, am entitled to my opinions as long as my posts are under forum guidelines. I may be strong in my opinions but I am not blindly entering threads to try and start crap (hopefully). Really the only reason this is such a big issue with people is because my opinion goes against the popular vote. If I had said that "Shrek Super Party is the Goat's Ass@" everybody would apply with "Yeah dood that game sucks xbox is GHEY!"..
Old 01-22-03, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I didn't see any Sony bashing nor thread crapping, see above. Not once did I say Sony sucks or anything similar. I only stated that there were no games I'd be interested in buying the system for (which I see plenty of concerning Xbox or GC too.. were are the cries then?), only after somebody suggested to me a game to buy it for, after I stated that I'd play Silent Hill 3 if it were available on a system I owned.

Right, but if you don't like anything Playstation (which from your posts over the past couple of months, it's clear that you don't), stop posting in Sony threads or those regarding Sony games. That way you wouldn't have to explain, again, how you don't like any sony games and think that sony has been nothing but bad for the game industry.

Your anti-sony posts are starting to border on fanboyism.
Old 01-22-03, 05:39 PM

hey, what the hell people? thanks KingSmoth for the awesome links,everyone else, why the hell did this turn into a console bashing session? good lord, we own all 3 major consoles at school and see the benefits in all of them. ps2=more games and variety game cube- more arcadish with some "fun" game titles and xbox has a little better graphics and is all around faster. so people just drop the bashing already. i will have to admit final fantasy is a bit boring though
luv ya all
Old 01-22-03, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 395 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally posted by pixyboi
Oooh.. I'm sorry Young, I buy my video game consoles to play video GAMES not video STORIES. Seriously though.. if I took a dump, flattened it, cut it into a 5" circle, and then inserted the results into my Xbox, not only would that be more of a GAME then Final Fantasy would ever hope to be, but I'd get 100x the enjoyment from it. Hell, with my luck it's probably have Live support. That would be nice.

As for GTA.. they're fun, sort of. Lord knows I could spend countless hours causing havoc, but the minute I tried to play the missions, it got pretty boring.

My usual criteria for buying a system is 3 exclusive "Must Own" games. Xbox was first with Jet Set Radio Future, Project Gotham Racing, and Gunvalkyrie, and the eventual Panzer Dragoon Orta and Phantasy Star Online, not to mention loving support from Sega, online gaming, surround sound, custom soundtracks, and with the S controller, the finest gaming controller ever created (well 2nd behind the wavebird, but only cause that's wireless).. Gamecube was next because it was cheap, and Metroid and Zelda. Okay so that's 2 games, but either one of them can count as 3 on thier own. Honestly other than Devil May Cry, I can't think of a single game I really want for the PS2. I will not count it out though, with 1000 games made each year for it, eventually something good is going to pop up.

Good luck!
Wow, I don't know what you're smoking but FFX is a great game. GTA missions boring? That's the best part of the game.

DMC may be a good PS2 game (I myself thought it sucked) but I can name at least 10 games I like better then it. Don't be so quick to put down the PS2, it's a great system.
Old 01-22-03, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Before I got a XBOX & GC was always liked to hear about games that were coming out for the systems. For some time I didn't care for the other systems but bringing that fact up in thread after thread was never a thought that crossed my mind. But enough about pixyboi.

As for Silent Hill 3.....
If the creatures weren't so weird looking they would be far more scary. The demon children in the first one were great. But since then I haven't seen a creature that was the least bit scary. especially the 2nd one.

I'll certainly rent this since they have been good games so far. Hopefully they'll leave that "fog layer" off so you can actaully see the game. That was an effect that was more annoying than scary.
Old 01-23-03, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I have both PS2 & XBox.

I'd rather wait for the Xbox version - if I knew it was coming.

Is it a safe bet that it will. (Onimusha 2 never did)
Old 01-23-03, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with Pixyboi. I can get GTA on my PC, I dont like RPGs and the only PS2 game I really covet is VF4. If SH3 doesnt come for the Box I wont miss it that much.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.