Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Oz 1/19/03

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-03, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz 1/19/03

I can't believe they killed Said. It looks like Beecher finally got paroled, but they found a way to keep him on the show by making him Keller's lawyer. I can't wait to see what happens next week.
Old 01-19-03, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think everyone was expecting that something would happen to stall or cancel the parole ... so the fact that he walked out the door (we know we haven't seen the last of him) was really a surprise.

And the last few minutes were definitely one of those "OMG" moments.

Solid episode!
Old 01-19-03, 10:48 PM

Holy crap... after last week's debacle, I was almost willing to write this show off. But damn, what an episode tonight.

* Said is killed by a man claiming to be a newspaper reporter. I never expected Said to die, and was completely shocked. I'm going to miss Said, but his story arc ended sometime last season when he found peace for the killing of Adebisi. RIP Kareem Said.

* Beecher is paroled, and leaves OZ. I also never expected him to walk out of OZ, but anything can happen with him visiting Keller. Something big is about to happen here, and it seems that Keller is going to turn on Beecher.

* Lack of Arayans. Schillinger gets very little screen time tonight, although we saw the Mayor get murdered. Its almost funny, but whenever a certainnew character is introduced, you can tell that they're not going to be around for long. Oh, and Robson as a bitch just seems odd. It looks like its only a matter of time before he gets tired of being a prag.

* Morales. Great to see Brass get his revenge on him, especially with Martinez recently dying (was it from something Morales did, or the toxins within solitary?). Looks like Officer Murphy has feelings of regret next week.

* Bob Rebadow & Stella. This storyline sucks. Nuff said.

* Burr Redding & Telemarketing. He's a dead man for thinking that stone cold drug dealers are going to go along with it.

* Cyril O'Reilly. Please please please kill him already. I can't stand his character.

Only 5 more weeks in OZ.

-r
Old 01-20-03, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What is a prag? I mean, I know what a prag is, but I don't know where the term came from.
Old 01-20-03, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by marty888
And the last few minutes were definitely one of those "OMG" moments.

Solid episode!
I agree. Great episode...I damn near dropped my drink toward the end.
Old 01-20-03, 12:45 AM

My jaw dropped open the moment that Said was shot.... I literally couldnt close it until just before the credits rolled... I REALLY need to start renting the first 2 seasons of this show, as I didn't start watching until last season.

I was going to comment on this last week, but I thought it was a bit silly at the time, but now it looks like I might be right. I know this show has skirted the supernatural before, it sure seems like the devil started possessing the tattoed guy right after he killed Kirk last week. This show does have a pretty surreal feel to it at times.

Brian

Last edited by bdshort; 01-20-03 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-20-03, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow ... I had just enough time to think "uh oh ... Joel Grey ... evil Doc from Buffy ... can't be good" before the OMG jaw-drop. We're in the home stretch now ... I'm sure things will get even crazier before it finishes out.

das
Old 01-20-03, 07:53 AM

I don't think anybody saw that ending coming...wow. Just how many people have died this season? So far, we've got Kirk, Martinez, Schibetta, Beecher's father, the mayor, and now (potentially) Said. Did I miss anyone? Pretty soon, there won't be anyone left.
Old 01-20-03, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ummmm...exscuse my ignorance but who the hell wanted Said dead? The interview was supposedly about the business and pending release of the book, right?

I just don't see the connection.
Old 01-20-03, 03:40 PM

it'll probably be explained next week
Old 01-20-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WOW

just, wow
Old 01-20-03, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok. Between the 3 episodes thus far this season, we might have a total of 2 seconds penis-time.

WTF?

I'm nearly through with this show, I tell you. Through.

No big "laugh out loud" moments like last week's. But I can't for the life of me see how anyone could praise this season.

It seems like "kill the major player" is the way all of the storylines ever in the history of the show are going to end. How dull.
Old 01-21-03, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by Alien Redrum
What is a prag? I mean, I know what a prag is, but I don't know where the term came from.
Anyone?

Or does prag simply mean bitch and there is no history behind it.
Old 01-21-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

W
O
W

I was in a blank stare for about 5 minutes after the episode...

It better be explained next episode...my God...

What a great show.
Old 01-21-03, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bdshort
My jaw dropped open the moment that Said was shot.... I literally couldnt close it until just before the credits rolled... I REALLY need to start renting the first 2 seasons of this show, as I didn't start watching until last season.

I was going to comment on this last week, but I thought it was a bit silly at the time, but now it looks like I might be right. I know this show has skirted the supernatural before, it sure seems like the devil started possessing the tattoed guy right after he killed Kirk last week. This show does have a pretty surreal feel to it at times.

Brian
So then I take it this is the 3rd season, or there are only 2 out thus far?

I think the episode was excellent. I believe the guy that shot Said is related to the author's victims(s)
Old 01-21-03, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by jon-w9
So then I take it this is the 3rd season, or there are only 2 out thus far?

I think the episode was excellent. I believe the guy that shot Said is related to the author's victims(s)
We're in season six...the first two seasons are the only ones out on dvd.
Old 01-21-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode was a little better but this show deffinetly is not what it used to be. I'm so glad they are ending it this year. Does anyone else feel uncomfortable after watching? It started last year. I would watch it and then afterwards I would have a confused look on my face like "Did I just see what I thought I saw". Its just way too weird. It was borderline unbelievable to begin with and the last two years, they have gone way over that line.
Old 01-21-03, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
I couldn't believe Schilinger getting talked down to by the Mayor. Never seen that before.
Old 01-21-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by indianajdp
ummmm...exscuse my ignorance but who the hell wanted Said dead? The interview was supposedly about the business and pending release of the book, right?

I just don't see the connection.

We might be able to assume that the Joel Grey character used the "interview" scenario simply as a means of gaining access to Said ....... purpose to be explained later.
Old 01-21-03, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by grunter
Ok. Between the 3 episodes thus far this season, we might have a total of 2 seconds penis-time.

WTF?

I'm nearly through with this show, I tell you. Through.

No big "laugh out loud" moments like last week's. But I can't for the life of me see how anyone could praise this season.

It seems like "kill the major player" is the way all of the storylines ever in the history of the show are going to end. How dull.

hasnt it only been 2 episodes so far?
Old 01-22-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
"Prag" is short for pragmatist.

Someone who gets sent to prison and won't be able to take care of themselves -- like Beecher in the first season -- will be "pragmatic" and become someone's "bitch" for protection.

That's the best I can do.
Old 01-22-03, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
"Prag" is short for pragmatist.

Someone who gets sent to prison and won't be able to take care of themselves -- like Beecher in the first season -- will be "pragmatic" and become someone's "bitch" for protection.

That's the best I can do.
Thanks for the reply.

Man, at least to me I don't find it practical to get "spooned".

that's just me though.
Old 05-16-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know nobody cares, and you all can just let this thread sink again....
But Kareem Said just got wasted by Arvin Clone!

That's all.