Spoiler:
Angelus bites Faith and turns her into a vampire

So by the time Faith comes to Buffy
Spoiler:
she'll be a vampire and quite possibly the Big Bad, instead of The First
. Which would be pretty damn cool.

Now, this may not happen - but it'd be intense if it does
Spoiler:
after a big fight in the season finale, Faith turns Buffy into a Vampire and for the 8th season - if there is one - they'd drop 'Slayer' off the title and just call the show: 'Buffy: The Vampire' - it'd at least be different and worth a season of shows. You'd have the Scoobies and the SITs along with Dawn the V.S. trying to stop her - and she'd be teamed up with Spike or something.

Is that too out-there to be done? Or is it too similar to season 2?
Old 01-13-03, 03:50 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Buffy predictions (spoilers)

Originally posted by slop101
Now, this may not happen - but it'd be intense if it does
Spoiler:
after a big fight in the season finale, Faith turns Buffy into a Vampire and for the 8th season - if there is one - they'd drop 'Slayer' off the title and just call the show: 'Buffy: The Vampire' - it'd at least be different and worth a season of shows. You'd have the Scoobies and the SITs along with Dawn the V.S. trying to stop her - and she'd be teamed up with Spike or something.

Is that too out-there to be done? Or is it too similar to season 2?
There was a little story today on tvguide.com that had a quote from the head of CBS, she's also in charge of UPN, that said basically this is the last season with the show the way it is now but a spinoff is possible. Translation-SMG won't be back.
Old 01-13-03, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Okay if this is true then.
Spoiler:
Will another new slayer be called? and also do you know if Giles is really Giles
I wish I hadn't have read your spoiler I just ruined the rest of the season for me. But I would appreciate an answer.
Old 01-13-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Keep in mind - except for
Spoiler:
Faith becoming a vampire
, it's all just speculation on my part.

As far as your question:
Spoiler:
It's obvious that they're building to Dawn being a slayer - and that Giles may be the First Good. But I hope it'll still be Buffy's show and not Dawn's
. But I really don't think we'll be getting an 8th season. So the point is moot - but wouldn't it be cool if there was.
Old 01-13-03, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah i wish i hadn't read it either but o well,
Old 01-13-03, 07:20 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Buffy predictions (spoilers)

Originally posted by slop101
As some of you may know, on Angel soon
Spoiler:
Angelus bites Faith and turns her into a vampire
Where did you see this at?
Spoiler:
I'm not doubting you, I just couldn't find this info anywhere. I've seen spoilers that says she gets bitten but nothing that confirms she's been vamped.
Old 01-14-03, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Spoiler:

This is what I've gathered so far. With last week's episode, they're setting up a situation where Buffy must die, IMO. They revealed that The First has never tried this before because something is different now (thanks to Buffy) that's never given him the chance before. My guess is that the Slayer power is being stretched too thin from inhabiting both Buffy and Faith. Maybe the power somehow got tainted or something, or it's just weaker. That's why The First has made his move now. I originally thought that Faith would return and sacrifice herself to save them. But, if it's true that she'll be a vampire when she returns to Sunnydale, my guess is that she'll be a (not the) big bad (a vampire with slayer powers), and Buffy will kill her. Dawn (or possibly Kennedy?) will be activated, and Buffy will end up sacrificing herself to cut off whatever avenue The First is using to meets his goals.
Old 01-14-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
^ that all sounds very likely and it's what I'd put my money on. My prediction was just if they were going to continue the show.

And my sources for the spoiler were:
Spoiled Rotten, Eleanor Rigby, Fraz from Fan Forum and UPN.
Old 01-14-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Slop's prediction for a returning cast member makes no sense.

Now if you want major spoilage I suggest going to these two (2) articles: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14013 & http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=13995.

Drum roll please.... "It seems a virtual certainty that (a returning cast member) will not survive the “Buffy” series finale." And we already know that Emma Caulfield will not be returning and that SMG wants to branch out and do other projects.

Now according to one of Slop's own "sources" this is what has been verified:
Spoiler:
"After all is said and done, it would appear that Angelus has tried to either kill or vamp Faith. She's in a near-death state, and somehow her an Angelus are connected. Both of them are reliving events that happened in the past, after Angel was souled for the first time. So it appears that Buffy will not be the only Slayer doing some time-travelling in an upcoming episode."

Ive got a crazy idea why dont we all just sit back and watch what is going to happen, because until it is actually broadcast there could be changes done.
Old 01-14-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Wow, I just went to www.spoilerslayer.com and this is the almost-confirmed rumor on Principal Wood (BIG spoiler if true):
Spoiler:
Wood's mother was a slayer. Specifically, she was the slayer that Spike killed in the 80's on the subway (the one who gave him the eyebrow scar).

Sorry if it's already been posted.
Old 01-14-03, 04:49 PM
Banned

I have read a lot of Spoilers and thats not one of them or anything close.
She helps to fight Angelus but I dont think she will be Vamped.
I believe she will go help on Buffy but not be against her.
Old 01-14-03, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
I'd like to see what a vamped slayer would be like.
Old 01-14-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
I'd like to see what a vamped slayer would be like.
Spoiler:
Season 1 has an episode called Nightmares that presents this scenario. Buffy is vamped when nightmares become real and The Master turns her. Very good stand alone episode.
Old 01-15-03, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally posted by Tom Banjo
Wow, I just went to www.spoilerslayer.com and this is the almost-confirmed rumor on Principal Wood (BIG spoiler if true):
Spoiler:
Wood's mother was a slayer. Specifically, she was the slayer that Spike killed in the 80's on the subway (the one who gave him the eyebrow scar).

Sorry if it's already been posted.

If this is true would it explain the "problem" with the slayer line?
Old 01-15-03, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by NitroJMS
Spoiler:
Season 1 has an episode called Nightmares that presents this scenario. Buffy is vamped when nightmares become real and The Master turns her. Very good stand alone episode.

Also quite interesting.
Spoiler:
While she is vamped, she tries to hide her face from everyone and the little boy she is trying to protect, as she considers herself a monster and is ashamed of what has happened.