Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

New Darevil Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

New Darevil Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-03, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
New Darevil Trailer

Saw it on Access Hollywood tonight. (Kinda surprised no one's mentioned it yet) And lo and behold its on the official website already.

I loved the last trailer...but this one manages to do more bad than right. The "discovering his powers" thing plays like total cheese as does Elektra and Matt meet. And we see Bullseye doing his thing...cool, then we see him delivering some of the cheesiest lines in recent trailer memory in his "redneck" attire and accent.

I dunno....my excitement would have been higher had I not seen this trailer.

We get a glimpse of Daredevil's heightened vision....much to quick to make a real judgement.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/daredevil/ Linkified for the lazy!

Last edited by clemente; 01-09-03 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-10-03, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I first heard about this movie ...I didn't think much about it. Casting was not what I expected, or wanted. However, after seeing the last two trailers....this movie could be a pretty entertaining film. Then seeing Trailer 3 got me really pumped up to see it!! Feb. 14th!!!!
Old 01-10-03, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Music by Graeme Revell

I'm still not convinced of Affleck.
Old 01-10-03, 02:26 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm more interested in seeing Jennifer Garner as Elektra than Ben Affleck as The Man Without Fear. Even though I like Affleck in other stuff, when he says "Justice!", he doesn't do it for me.

And what the hell is Joe Pantoliano doing playing second fiddle to Ben Affleck, anyway?
Old 01-10-03, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I gotta tell ya, i'm impressed Much better then the teaser and the first trailer
Old 01-10-03, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
afflek sounds like a total ass in his voice-over. pathetic. :\

other than, you know, the whole beginning of the trailer, it aint terrible. not as good as the first trailer, which actually made me want to see the film (!) but OK.
Old 01-10-03, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
afflek sounds like a total ass in his voice-over.
Spelling aside, I completely agree with you.

Yikes.
Old 01-10-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought the trailer was pretty cool... except that lame song in the last part really kills the trailer for me... and what does Bullseye say at the end... " I Want A Costume" ???? How lame is that!?!

Otherwise I'm looking forward to it...heck, Jennifer Garner alone will make me see this flick...

MATT
Old 01-10-03, 08:56 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I was really looking forward to this after the first trailer. Now I'm frightened about how bad this is going to be. I agree 100% about how bad Affleck's voice-over is.

I still plan on going to see this, I can't pass up a chance to see Jennifer Garner on the big screen in that leather outfit
Old 01-10-03, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Personally, I am getting less and less excited after seeing each trailer. The more they show me, the less interested I am. I might have actually gone to see this after the first teaser, maybe even after the second one, but now, I have no desire at all. I don't know, I could be wrong (it's happened before), but the stuff they are showing in these trailers just seems so cheesy and cliched.
Old 01-10-03, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Am I the only one out there that is completely turned off by the fact that with this trailer, they are TOTALLY just trying to make this like Spider-man. The voice over by Affleck is clearly in the same vane as Peter Parker, with even some of the lines almost exactly the same. I have to lol at how cheeze Affleck is at trying to make his voice all low key & raspy, it just doesn't work. The slow-mo with Affleck leaning backwards avoiding the blades is exactly like Spider-man avoiding the Goblin blades in the apartment on fire. DD as a kid discovering his powers is just like Peter Parker. I mean give me a break.

That said, I will see this movie for one reason & one reason only, Jennifer Garner. She is just TOO hot. And She said in an interview she trained for over 4 hours a day for 3 months & constantly in her trailer or whenever she was just waiting around so she could do all the Sai-stunts herself.
Old 01-10-03, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't care about this movie, b/c, Spiderman is an icon, DD is a dope. Never liked the character to begin with (If they are going to make a fringe comic book character into movie, go with something awesome like Silver Surfer or Captain Marvel, not some blind freak).
Old 01-10-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Sessa17
Am I the only one out there that is completely turned off by the fact that with this trailer, they are TOTALLY just trying to make this like Spider-man. The voice over by Affleck is clearly in the same vane as Peter Parker, with even some of the lines almost exactly the same. I have to lol at how cheeze Affleck is at trying to make his voice all low key & raspy, it just doesn't work. The slow-mo with Affleck leaning backwards avoiding the blades is exactly like Spider-man avoiding the Goblin blades in the apartment on fire. DD as a kid discovering his powers is just like Peter Parker. I mean give me a break.
Have you ever read the comic book? I noticed a lot of imagery that were directly from the comic book, but Spider-man also took a lot of imagery from its source material, too. And have you noticed that a lot of comic book characters have similar storylines?

Realize that DD has no super powers. He has heightened sensory perception and a 'radar' sense.
Old 01-10-03, 02:12 PM
Banned

The trailer doesnt make me want to see the movie any more than it used to. Although I'll probably see it anyway. The whole premise of a blind superhero is utterly ridiculous. I can suspend belief for a boy bitten by a spider, a disturbed millionaire with a grudge, or even an alien with superpowers but a blind man! Are you nuts?
Old 01-10-03, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by lesterlong
The trailer doesnt make me want to see the movie any more than it used to. Although I'll probably see it anyway. The whole premise of a blind superhero is utterly ridiculous. I can suspend belief for a boy bitten by a spider, a disturbed millionaire with a grudge, or even an alien with superpowers but a blind man! Are you nuts?
You go boy. Next they will be making a movie with a woman kicking some alien butt, wait, I think they already have.
Old 01-10-03, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Lastblade
(If they are going to make a fringe comic book character into movie, go with something awesome like Silver Surfer or Captain Marvel, not some blind freak).
The Silver Surfer script was utter garbage. Not sure how much has changed since the draft I read was dated in 1996. How can you have Norrin Radd in Human form thru 3/4 of the script?

And I can't imagine how much it would cost for a Captain Marvel film.. it would be great if they could adapt the Death of Captain Marvel. Or the Infinity Gauntlet.. Thanos is a bad-ass villian.

Fringe characters are hit and miss. Snipes did a decent job with Blade I & II. Not sure where his Black Panther project is at this point. And I'm not sure how Ghost Rider be recieved? Or Iron Fist?

Daredevil has that cult following. Much like James O'Barr and the Crow. And I think that's what the studio looked at when deciding on this project. Not to mention they signed Affleck. Good or bad, it was partially his appearance that they see driving the film. Besides, he was da bomb in Phantoms, yo!
Old 01-10-03, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by devilshalo
The Silver Surfer script was utter garbage. Not sure how much has changed since the draft I read was dated in 1996. How can you have Norrin Radd in Human form thru 3/4 of the script?

And I can't imagine how much it would cost for a Captain Marvel film.. it would be great if they could adapt the Death of Captain Marvel. Or the Infinity Gauntlet.. Thanos is a bad-ass villian.

Fringe characters are hit and miss. Snipes did a decent job with Blade I & II. Not sure where his Black Panther project is at this point. And I'm not sure how Ghost Rider be recieved? Or Iron Fist?

Daredevil has that cult following. Much like James O'Barr and the Crow. And I think that's what the studio looked at when deciding on this project. Not to mention they signed Affleck. Good or bad, it was partially his appearance that they see driving the film. Besides, he was da bomb in Phantoms, yo!
I didn't even know there is a Silver Surfer script, but obviously, I take your word for it that it is crap (too bad really, I just love SS). Can you imagine SS flying through space with his board? I guess it is something that probably won't translate too well to the big screen.

Death of Captain Marvel...

I am sure you are right on your assessment on making DD. For me personally, DD just don't have that quality to it. In the trailer, I swear, I keep thinking that Affeck has his eyes open, I think it is just my mind playing tricks on me, but the suspension of disbelief just isn't there. Unlike Spiderman, Tobey was awesome and was perfect for the role.
Old 01-10-03, 02:45 PM

Before spidey came out everyone was down rating Tobey. So we'll have to see...
Old 01-10-03, 02:53 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
actually, he does have his eyes open at points during the trailer.

just because someone is blind does not mean they have their eyes closed all the time.
Old 01-10-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Lastblade
I didn't even know there is a Silver Surfer script, but obviously, I take your word for it that it is crap (too bad really, I just love SS). Can you imagine SS flying through space with his board? I guess it is something that probably won't translate too well to the big screen.
That was the problem.. he wasn't flying thru space on his board.

I'm still waiting for ROM: The Movie!!
Old 01-10-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Big Boy Laroux
actually, he does have his eyes open at points during the trailer.

just because someone is blind does not mean they have their eyes closed all the time.
In the comics we're always being treated to shots of Matt Murdock's milky white eyes. I'd have to say that's the thing I'm dissapointed in so far, his eyes don't look like a blind person's.
Old 01-10-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kingpin's black?!?!?!?! I better check the comic again.
Old 01-10-03, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I'm sorry people but the chick they got to play Elektra...

Not cute, not sexy, not interesting.

They could've at least given her BLACK HAIR.
Old 01-10-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally posted by McHawkson
Kingpin's black?!?!?!?! I better check the comic again.

Tell me about it....

I HATE when they do this silly "Creative Casting".

It just causes bad blood out there. I mean if they had cast Duncan in a totally new role then it would be fine. But changing an establshed character like that sucks.

Morgan Freeman's character in THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION was originally IRISH in the book but his character was NOT a well known(to comic fans) Pop Culture icon.

(edited to correct film title)

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-12-03 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-10-03, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo

Morgan Freeman's character in THE GREEN MILE was originally IRISH in the book but his character was NOT a well known(to comic fans) Pop Culture icon.
I thought that made the movie alittle light-heartedness b/c he said his name "Red" in a straight face (didn't change his name but his race, hehe).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.