Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

used/import game shops in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-03, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
used/import game shops in Chicago?

Anyone here from around Chicago know of any game shops in downtown Chicago that have, or preferably specialize in, used and/or import games? I've been dying to find one lately, and there are absolutely none around my area, and figured there had to be at least one in Chicago. It kind of amazes me how hard it is to find such a shop in my area or around Chicago, and it sucks to think that there was once a really good mom'n'pop game shop about four blocks away from my house a few years ago.

I just hate reading posts on the internet about people who "just visited my local import game shop", when I don't even have a friggin "local game shop".

Anyways, anyone here know where the best place for used games is downtown?
Old 01-12-03, 03:11 PM

I think there's one on Cicero Ave. near Addison or Belmont. I think a block south of either street. I'm not sure but I did see a small game shop in the area.
Old 01-12-03, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There is a game shop, I think it's called Game Stop or something, in the shopping center w Dominicks it's right off Roosevelt. Don't think they have imports though..

Also, everything appeared overpriced the one time I did go.
Old 01-12-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Microplay out in Hanover Park has some imports. You can also order special stuff there, adapters & such. I understand that they are a chain, but they really have that Mom & Pop feel to me. I heard there was one in Oak Lawn.

Cyberzone out in Hoffman Estates used to be very, very nice, but it went out of business. So sad!

Take the train out to Arlington Heights & check out Game Club. I think they're on Palatine Road.