Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Ok, I'm hooked on Buffy, now I've got a couple "Angel" questions (no spoilers!).

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ok, I'm hooked on Buffy, now I've got a couple "Angel" questions (no spoilers!).

Old 01-07-03, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) If I'm loving Buffy (just started watching season 3 today), is there a good chance that I'll like Angel?

2) What season are they on?

3) I think I heard of some "crossover" episodes. When do these happen, and will not having the "Angel" portions hurt my Buffy viewing experience?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-03, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Yes

2) Buffy 7, Angel 4

3) Mainly on Buffy S4, Angel S1. Mild crossovers the next year, and none after that, since Buffy jumped to UPN, while Angel stayed on WB. The crossovers are interesting, but don't really spoil anything.
Old 01-08-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Agree with RandyM's answers. Please do a search for more a detailed listing of which episodes to watch when to make sure the cross-overs remain in tact, as this exact issue has been discussed many, many times.

das
Old 01-08-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think seeing the corresponding episodes of Angel really tie in nicely. You don't need to watch them to "get" what's going on in Buffy, but they definitely add to it.
Old 01-08-03, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the responses. I'll give season 1 a whirl when it comes out.

As a side note, every time Angel makes an appearance, and gives his typical hello by saying "Buffy" in that sort of low voice, usually followed with Buffy saying "Angel", I get a quick montage in my head reminiscent of the Rocky Horror Picture show with it going something like:

Angel: Buffy!
Buffy: Angel!
Willow: Xander!
Xander: Uh!

Did that make sense at all? It's sort of like the Brad\Janet\Rocky\Uh bit. It's really funny in my head, but I find odd things funny sometimes...