Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Friday the 13th SE R2???

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Friday the 13th SE R2???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-03, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday the 13th SE R2???

I heard somewhere that a Special Edition of Friday the 13th was coming out this year in Europe.

Any Info?
Old 01-09-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

INdeed. Along with a special documentry about making the films, which I think is R2 only. I may be wrong tho'.
Old 01-10-03, 12:24 PM
Cool New Member

Since Warner Brothers owns the worldwide rights to the original Friday the 13th, they're doing what Paramount wouldn't and putting out an SE DVD. There will be documentary / featurette on all the WB releases I believe (for which I contributed some memoribilia!)
Old 01-10-03, 02:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by vforvendetta
Since Warner Brothers owns the worldwide rights to the original Friday the 13th, they're doing what Paramount wouldn't and putting out an SE DVD. There will be documentary / featurette on all the WB releases I believe (for which I contributed some memoribilia!)
what's the source for this rumoured info? Can we also assume that since Warner owns the worldwide rights. that the print in question is also the complete 'unrated' cut of the film as well?
Old 01-10-03, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
I would probably pick this up, not for the movie that much but for the Doc. which I think would be interesting...
Old 01-12-03, 03:15 PM

Do you think there could be a Canada release?

Doesn't Warner Bros own the rights for Canada too?
Old 01-31-03, 01:45 PM

So its now Paramount vs. New Line vs. Warner Brothers.

Hopefully NL or WB will take snatch the whole series from the hands of Paramount and give the most famous series of horror movies what it deserves.

chack out www.bbfc.co.uk, all the films were passed uncut in 2001/2002, so why did paramount still give us the R rated US versions?
Old 02-01-03, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by Steve86
So its now Paramount vs. New Line vs. Warner Brothers.

Hopefully NL or WB will take snatch the whole series from the hands of Paramount and give the most famous series of horror movies what it deserves.

check out www.bbfc.co.uk, all the films were passed uncut in 2001/2002, so why did paramount still give us the R rated US versions?
to my knowledge there has never been an uncut print of Friday the 13th Part 2, because for some reason Paramount decided to release the MPAA R-rated version to all international markets. So even though the BBFC denoted the print as being uncut, the version they saw was alreadly precut and approved by the MPAA filmboard. Why a film's rating that is supposed to be applicable to only the American theatrical run of the film becomes the de facto print for the rest of the world as well, doesn't make any godd**n sense. kudo's to Fangoria for printing a still from one of the film's censored scenes a full head-on shot of the machette to the face

Last edited by Giles; 04-13-03 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-02-03, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Giles
what's the source for this rumoured info?
The source of the info is the person who posted it. vforvendetta is the webmaster of Sean Cunningham's official Friday The 13th website.

DJ
Old 02-03-03, 07:08 AM

That is lovely news and one of the few times I am happy to live in UK! Will WB be doing the same SE treatment for the rest of the series too?
Old 02-07-03, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by vorticez
That is lovely news and one of the few times I am happy to live in UK! Will WB be doing the same SE treatment for the rest of the series too?
Don't count on it, the original F13 was the only one WB released on VHS, the rest were Paramount, also parts 2-8 were resubmitted to the BBFC by Paramount, Part 1 was not because paramount don't own it in the UK, which is why parts 2-8 are out on R2 but not the original.
Old 02-11-03, 04:38 AM

I see, thanks for the knowledge.
Old 02-11-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know of a specific release date? (I didn't see it in the thread, unless I'm just blind.)
Old 02-16-03, 03:45 PM

I would also like to know a release date.
Old 02-18-03, 04:52 AM

On a leaked UK Warners release list (which as been pretty accurate to date) it's down for a September release. Makes sense with Halloween being the month after.
Old 04-13-03, 12:06 AM

DVDFile recently added this news to their website in regards to this release:

"And for our UK readers, or those Region-free enabled, more news on that overseas Friday the 13th special edition due this fall from Warner Home Video. In addition to the new documentary "Return to Crystal Lake," the DVD will also feature an audio commentary by director Sean Cunningham, stars Adrienne King and Betsy Palmer, composer Harry Manfredini and more. The disc will feature the international cut of the film (a few seconds bloodier than the R-rated domestic release) but as of presstime, will not be released in the U.S. by Paramount Home Entertainment. Perhaps someday Paramount will wake up and smell the bloody machete and give Mrs. Voorhees her due? Stay tuned..."

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/04_13.html