Enterprise 01/08/2003

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 01/08/2003

Old 01-06-03, 03:51 PM
razorbackfan

Enterprise 01/08/2003

Title: Dawn
Production Number: 139 Airdate: 1/8/03
Written By: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga (story); John Shiban (teleplay)
Directed By: Roxann Dawson

"Dawn" will be the first episode to air after the Holiday hiatus and pits Trip with an Arkonian pilot downed on a lethal moon that sees 170 degree temperatures during the day. The two men must work together to build a shelter from the heat while the Enterprise and a belligerent Arkonian ship bicker over a rescue strategy.
Old 01-06-03, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arkon, not Archon, right? "I am Landru. The good of the Body is the Prime Directive."

Anyway, really like Dawson as a director, but that "Written By" credit doesn't do her any favors.

das
Old 01-06-03, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhere, somehow, I've seen this episode before.... Maybe it was a different series, maybe even a different time period, but I'm sure that this is a repeat.

D
Old 01-06-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Arkon, not Archon, right? "I am Landru. The good of the Body is the Prime Directive."

FESTIVAL! FESTIVAL!

As for this episode, does anyone else think 'build a shelter' = explore some caves? Also, wasn't there just an episode where Tripp got marooned? Granted in that one, he was able to get some action.
Old 01-06-03, 04:13 PM
Needs to provide a working email

I liked this one when it was called EnemyMine. Or maybe a touch of "Shaka, the walls fell!"
Old 01-06-03, 09:32 PM
Suspended

Or Perhaps when it was the Ep where Geordi and the Romulan worked on the planet with the lethal Radiation that caused Geordi's Visor to Malfunction. Yes Recycling is good.
Old 01-07-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The latest issue of TVGuide (came out yesterday) has a letter from a reader that sums up things pretty well. She says Berman and Braga need to 'get their hands off the scripts'. I think this is the second time I've seen a publication saying the same thing. Will they ever get the hint?

Can't wait for the Tholian/Suliban episode though..........
Old 01-07-03, 11:41 AM
Banned

How long till they find the Tribble Planet?
Old 01-07-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
How long till they find the Tribble Planet?
Archer and T'Pol are hurled into the future, and end up on DS9. There, along with Sisko and the gang, they journey into the past and are digitally inserted into the first Tribbles episode yet again.

T'Pol, Jadzia and Yeoman Rand compare miniskirts.
Old 01-07-03, 03:51 PM
razorbackfan

Yeoman Rand
Old 01-07-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey

Anyway, really like Dawson as a director, but that "Written By" credit doesn't do her any favors.

das
At least the teleplay is by John Shiban, who I think could do really well if they let him write more than once a freaking year.

Matt
Old 01-08-03, 08:52 AM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Isn't this like the time Starbuck and a Cylon end up on some deserted planet and have to help each other to survive?
Old 01-08-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by SmackDaddy
Isn't this like the time Starbuck and a Cylon end up on some deserted planet and have to help each other to survive?
If memory serves, that was on Galactica 80, and not Battlestar. Since Galactica 80 is the 'bastard child' of Battlestar Galactica and Enterprise is the 'bastard child' of Trek.......then, yes, you are correct!
Old 01-08-03, 12:06 PM

I'll pass. I have about 5 episodes of Stargate SG1 from SciFi to catch up on....
Old 01-08-03, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 917 Likes on 640 Posts
yep...it was the whole: alien looks horrendous and tells the *insert crew* to get the helloutta our space then they get together to find their crew mate as *insert crew member here* tries to get along with said alien while *insert danger* slowly kills them and eventually lerns a few words in the alien tounge and they get along at the end and only by getting along do they get rescued.

it was actually pretty decent. for an enterprise episode anyways.
Old 01-08-03, 08:25 PM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
It's official.... my wife said to start recording Ed instead of Enterprise. Trek is dead at my house...
Old 01-08-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
decent even if it was a rehash of so many previous stories
Old 01-08-03, 09:25 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very reminiscent of Enemy Mine even the way the alien looked. It still works for some good dialog from Tripp. I'll still watch Enterprise-- its not unwatchable yet.

On an unrelated note:
I wonder how Star Trek fans first viewed that episode from the original series where the crew finds the ancient gods of Olympus.
Old 01-09-03, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was a re-used idea tha was only made good by the performance of Connor Trinneer, who along with Jolene Blalock, are the only good characters.

Matt
Old 01-09-03, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
I liked this one when it was called EnemyMine.
I was thinking Hell in the Pacific also, but this was, without shame, a complete and total rip off of Enemy Mine. Did these guys think that sci fi geeks had already forgotten that movie? We never forget!

When it started getting hot, I totally expected them to find some durable, little indigenous turtles so they could hide under their shells. And why didn’t they include Louis Gosset Jr’s baby getting rescued from the mine? They'd already gone that far anyway.

(and: Although they couldn’t transport the lizard guy up, why did no one think of transporting down anything? Like for instance a pre-fab shelter with reflective panels and air conditioning. We have stuff like that today.)
Old 01-09-03, 08:38 AM
razorbackfan

I like Enterprise, have friends on the show, and the reason this episode looked like Enemy Mine is it was supposed to. Roxann Dawson is a great Director and avoided the usual sci-fi gadgets in favor of a story. Another nice touch was T'Pol seemed nervous about the aliens and admitted the Vulcans don't always succeed in their dimlomatic missions. The alien makeup was a lot better over previous episodes. They actually looked and acted like aliens. All in all, not a bad episode.

Next ENTERPRISE: Episode 140 Stigma airs 02/05/2003
Old 01-09-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by N2DVD
It's official.... my wife said to start recording Ed instead of Enterprise. Trek is dead at my house...

Yep - it falls off my watch/record list on Jan 22. Btwn That 70s Show moving to that same timeslot and there always being a great ACC hoops game on at 8 Wednesdays, no room for Enterprise.

They do repeat it on the DC affiliate Saturdays at 8 so I can catch it if I am home (I already record Cops during that time and I am not sacrificing Cops for Enterprise).
Old 01-09-03, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Kudama
(and: Although they couldn’t transport the lizard guy up, why did no one think of transporting down anything? Like for instance a pre-fab shelter with reflective panels and air conditioning. We have stuff like that today.)

Unless you’re interested in the whole Malcolm “Please flog me, Captain” thing, Trip is the only interesting character on the show. And Phlox, but he doesn’t get much air time. Prothos occasionally has an interesting line or two.

I vote they promote Trip to Captain and kill off Archer. (Sorry, I forgot. Nobody dies on this show. )

And put N’Pol in a miniskirt.
Old 01-09-03, 10:33 AM
razorbackfan

and put T'Pol in a mini skirt

I don't have her in a mini skirt, will this do?

Old 01-09-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
I'm not sure what's sadder...

Is it that Star Trek has turned to drek or that we keep watching and then coming here to complain about it?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.