Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wes Craven Presents Don't Look Down

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-03, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This film was really good. It's not really a horror film but more like a psychological thriller more or less.

It's really great, check it out!
Old 01-04-03, 12:01 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Cool - I'm always up for a good thriller.
Old 01-04-03, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Caveat: Anytime the tagline states Wes Craven Presents instead of Directed by Wes Craven one should already be wary.
Old 01-04-03, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by meritocracy
Caveat: Anytime the tagline states Wes Craven Presents instead of Directed by Wes Craven one should already be wary.
Why?

This was good

Dracula 2000 was really good as well
Old 01-04-03, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DVDProfessor
Dracula 2000 was really good as well [/B]
Well here we go our separate paths as I found it to be an unequivocal piece of junk.

I did however find the lead actress cute if that's any consolation at all.
Old 01-05-03, 01:23 PM

What about the epic Wishmaster?
Old 01-05-03, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A capsule description courtesy of DVD Angle:

Don't Look Down is a rather awful movie, from its low-budget, TV movie look and feel, to the rather horrendous acting by most involved (especially Billy Burke, who can be seen on the current season of 24). The only bright spot acting-wise is character-actor Terry Kinney, who does all that he can with the underdeveloped part of Doctor Sadowsky. The plot is amazingly predictable, and while the killer isn't revealed until the end, it is pretty easy to figure out who it is in the first 10 minutes.
It's amazing to me that to this day, people still see the words "Wes Craven Presents" or "Steven Spielberg Presents," and think that these directors are intimately involved with these projects. In fact, most people think that they have actually directed these films, when most of the time Craven or Spielberg are merely executive producers way behind the scenes...
TV movies masquerading as big time films on DVD isn't exactly a new thing, but it is hard to tell that Don't Look Down debuted on TV until you are actually watching the film. The DVD case has the same impressive artwork that is showcased on the discs for big-time Hollywood films, and the still photos on the back are just as impressive. Hopefully consumers aren't duped into buying Don't Look Down on those aspects alone, but those who are familiar with the film going in, or are looking for a low-budget TV movie, definitely won't be disappointed. There are B-movies, and then there is Don't Look Down, with the latter definitely defining a category all its own.