Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Disney sues Blockbuster

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Disney sues Blockbuster

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-03, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Disney sues Blockbuster

From Video Business:

The suit, which charges Blockbuster with breach of contract, also alleges that the retailer failed to account for "hundreds of thousands" of Disney cassettes worth $26 million; sold 200,000 cassettes before their rental term was up; and sold some 45,000 cassettes above the amount Blockbuster was permitted to sell under the companies' revenue-sharing agreement.

All told, Disney says, Blockbuster owes the studio $120 million, including $94 million in actual damages and $28 million in interest.

Goooo Disney!
Old 01-03-03, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next thing you know, Disney will be suing our asses off for watching that Mickey mouse DVD a few times above the viewing limit posted on Disney DVDs.

That'll be the day.
Old 01-04-03, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not sure who to root for in this battle...who do i hate less?

All i can say is this:

Blockbuster...2002 wasnt really your year. Looks like 2003 might not be your year either.
Old 01-04-03, 04:10 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Both mickey and bbv suck anyway...
Old 01-04-03, 10:37 PM

I am so hoping Blockbuster goes out of business. Every time I've ever gone there I've had a bad experience. It's either fullscreen version only on movies or rude people that work there. The times I've went is only because I had free rentals or some type of coupon. So hopefully Disney will take them to the cleaners, and we'll have one less pathetic business to put up with.
Old 01-04-03, 11:10 PM

I went into BBV on Christmas day and price matched a couple of the new releases from that week. I only went in there because everywhere else was closed. So I get up to the cashier and told the person I wanted to price match. I show her the add and she went over to the calculator to figure out the difference in the amounts. Keep in mind that I was pricematching two titles for 14.99, one of the titles was 19.99 and the other 21.99 their price. Pretty simple math that I learned in like 1st or second grade and she had to use a calculator for this. So she comes back saying the difference is only $11. My response was "ah no, it's more like $12". So she tells me how she got the $11, one you save $7 (21.99) and the other $4 (19.99 title). I was blown away, seriously, this chick uses a calculator and still got it wrong. At this point I could care less about the whopping $1, but this chick was a total moron and she was pretty b**chy. Anyway, to make a long story short, we bickered back and forth for a couple. I finally said put it this way take 9 and minus 4, what do you get? It literally took her 15- 20 seconds to finally say "oh I'm wrong your rite". After figuring out I was rite, she mumbled it's only a $1. I own over 3000 dvd's and if I saved a $1.00 on everyone of them, that's a pretty good savings. Anyway, after that experience, I will not be cruising in there anytime soon. Thank god I buy all my movies and don't have to really on these crappy rental places that just flat out suck.
Old 01-06-03, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Disney sues Blockbuster

Originally posted by calhoun07
From Video Business:
You know things are bad when the cockroaches are beginning to eat each other.
Old 01-06-03, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Gotta agree with UAIOE. It's difficult to find two parties I detest more.
Old 01-07-03, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"After figuring out I was rite, she mumbled it's only a $1"

rite = right

I love it when people bitch about another's inadequacy when they have their own.
Old 01-07-03, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jiggyblau
Gotta agree with UAIOE. It's difficult to find two parties I detest more.
Word! Same here for me!
Old 01-13-03, 03:54 PM

I love it when people bitch about another's inadequacy when they have their own.
The blockbuster employee is paid service employee, his/her inadequacy was affecting the poster's ability to get the right price of the product.

I don't think the poster's use of what is essentially slang has any relationship to the disney vs bv story...

-Tim
Old 01-15-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by C_Fletch

rite = right

Don't forget "I could care less".
Old 01-15-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Originally posted by dvde
After figuring out I was rite, she mumbled it's only a $1. I own over 3000 dvd's and if I saved a $1.00 on everyone of them, that's a pretty good savings.
Wow. So even if you had the best case scenario (assuming no hyperbole), you've spent over thirty grand on DVDs and 250 straight 24 hour days of watching them? Hmmm....
Old 01-15-03, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by C_Fletch

rite = right

Well I'm surprised you haven't found the other mistakes that are in my little rant. Read it back over and see if you can find them. My little treat for you. By the way, rite on dude!
Old 01-15-03, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by weargle
Wow. So even if you had the best case scenario (assuming no hyperbole), you've spent over thirty grand on DVDs and 250 straight 24 hour days of watching them? Hmmm....
I've spent well over $30,000 on my dvd collection, it's probably closer to $45,000 - 50,000. I've actually been playing with the idea of spending more money to complete it and opening a dvd rental store. As for the watching them part, well I wouldn't say that I've spent so much time watching them as you would like to believe. I actually haven't seen them all and probably never will. I watch a couple of movies a week, instead of TV shows. I've spent a crap load of money on my home theater, so you better believe I'm going to use it. Plus, I don't enjoy watching movies in a public movie theater. Anything else?
Old 01-15-03, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Goblincat
Don't forget "I could care less".
When you're trying to correct someone, you should probably TRY to be right. I wasn't trying to say careless, I wasn't trying to do something neglectful or reckless. I could "CARE" "LESS" or in other words "I DON'T CARE". Yeah, correct me when you haven't got a clue yourself.

You two guys are blowing me away! You're trying to correct me and you can only find the obvious! Come on! Find the less (Goblincat, I wasn't trying to say "careless" by the way, just "less". Just to let you know, I don't want to confuse you or anything.) obvious guys.
Old 01-15-03, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by weargle
I just noticed that you're a "DVD Talk Ultimate Edition", which means you spend a crap load of time on these forums. Hmmm.... And you're talking crap about me watching movies, take a look at yourself.
Old 01-15-03, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When you're trying to correct someone, you should probably TRY to be right. I wasn't trying to say careless, I wasn't trying to do something neglectful or reckless. I could "CARE" "LESS" or in other words "I DON'T CARE". Yeah, correct me when you haven't got a clue yourself.

You two guys are blowing me away! You're trying to correct me and you can only find the obvious! Come on! Find the less (Goblincat, I wasn't trying to say "careless" by the way, just "less". Just to let you know, I don't want to confuse you or anything.) obvious guys.
Done with your rant?

It's "I couldn't care less".

Old 01-15-03, 03:36 PM

Done with your rant?

It's "I couldn't care less".

Of coarse I am.
Old 01-15-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Of coarse I am.

I was just messing with you. "I could care less" is one of those little incorrect things that always sticks out at me and drives me nuts.

See, I do have a clue.
Old 01-15-03, 04:04 PM

I was just messing with you. "I could care less" is one of those little incorrect things that always sticks out at me and drives me nuts.

See, I do have a clue.
No big deal. Nothing taken to heart.