GTA: Vice City : Help! I'm stuck!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-03, 12:46 AM
Suspended

Location: Sonoran Desert; a place where it doesn't matter whether or not one can pronounce Donnacha.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OKay, I've completed the last Cuban Mission: Voodoo Trojan and also the Vercetti mansion Cop Land mission. I've been driving around forever and I can't find any more missions. What am I missing here? What do I do now? According to the Stats I'm only 30% finished.
Old 01-03-03, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
www.gamefaqs.com
Old 01-03-03, 01:07 AM

I do believe you need to do the print shop and malibu club missions to get the last mission of the story
Old 01-03-03, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, you have to own a certain percentage of property, including the Print Shop and the Malibu Club. You must do the Print Shop missions to finish the game, but not the Malibu.

There's a lot to do to get 100%. I'm only at 97%, and I still have quite a bit to do.
Old 01-03-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

einTier is correct. You need to own a number of businesses - the Print Shop being one. The Malibu isn't necessary to own, so I'd recommend picking up some of the less expensive properties to further the game.
Old 01-03-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The official guide said the Malibu was nessesary, that's what I was going by. I don't really know, because I purchased all the property long before I finished the game.

Frankly, I triggered the ending credits quite by accident.
Old 01-03-03, 11:25 PM

Every time I do the Trojan VooDoo mission, the gates won't open back up to let me escape.. I set off all the bombs... and as I was trying to escape, the gate wouldn't open and I failed cause I couldn't escape. Help!!
Old 01-04-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't need to exit. Turn left or right at the the gate, and get as far as you can from the factory. Once it explodes, the gate will open.
Old 01-04-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Tigger
Every time I do the Trojan VooDoo mission, the gates won't open back up to let me escape.. I set off all the bombs... and as I was trying to escape, the gate wouldn't open and I failed cause I couldn't escape. Help!!
Actually, if you run to the right after the alley (before the gates), there's a set of stairs leading onto a roof. You don't have to exit the compound, but this pretty much clinches it. Also, don't forget to snag the gun that appears after you blow up the factory, if you want it....
Old 01-05-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Deftones
www.gamefaqs.com
This resource is unbelievable! You are a lifesaver. I have been driving myself nuts trying to complete the "Autocide" mission and I knew I had to be missing something. You know when you are starting to scream at the television, and your wife has the men in the white coats on speed dial, it is time to consult the experts. Thanks Deftones!
Old 01-05-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still stuck on the stupid missing where you just drive the boat around...I think it's the mission you do when you buy the boathouse. I haven't played the game for a couple months because that mission made me want to stop playing, but I'm thinking I'll try again soon. I am just really terrible at driving the boats, and I consider myself a good car driver.
Old 01-06-03, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry - wasn't trying to flame you Eintier - I was just pointing out to the "poorer" Vice City players that the Malibu wasn't necessary to own. I didn't use the guide to play - I'm just speaking from experience. I didn't own it but was able to roll the credits. For the Voodoo mission the stairway is the key. I wasn't actually aware that the gates would open, I just used the stairs to get out.
Old 01-06-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Crazy, Checkpoint Charlie is not nessessary to win the game. It's only nessessary to make the boatdocks make money. It is one of the harder missions, my best advice is to get the boat on the left, the one on the right isn't fast enough. Also, lay on the throttle when you get in, and never let up for anything. I didn't win this mission until I did that. The boat turns better under full throttle than you think it does, and if you slow down, you'll never make it. First person view helped me a lot too.

spankyj, I didn't think you were flaming me, I was just explaining why my information seemed to be incorrect. I used the guide just because I didn't want to play the game twice all the way through like I did with GTA3. I've got 100% on GTA3, and I'm at 98% on Vice City.
Old 01-07-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
ARRGGHHH! So I decided last night that I was going to get all 100 packages. I had 20-some before that and printed out a checklist so I could find them all. Spent about 5 hours running around, getting them all and crossing them off as I go. Get to the LAST one, get it, 99 packages found. WHAT?! So somewhere, I crossed off a package that I didn't actually get. I have no idea how to track it down. CURSES. Well, at least I can remember most of the ones I for sure did last night, so I can cross those off the list for sure. Just bugs the hell out of me. 99 packages found, and no idea where the last one is. Thanks for reading my venting.

X
Old 01-07-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh man - that sucks. I've been trying to find them all too. I've been extremely careful with my markings so far, but that doesn't mean I won't end up in your boat. Sorry to hear it man - good luck!
Old 01-07-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the BEST way to do the mission where you have to cause Chaos from the Biker Bar. Once you complete that they supposedly will bounce for that band (name slips my mind). I have not touched the game in a while.....

I can only get my Chaos meter like a quarter of the way full.....help!
Old 01-07-03, 12:39 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by Xander
Get to the LAST one, get it, 99 packages found. WHAT?!
That happened to me. I figured out I'd missed the one on the rocks in the water, just south of the wooden boat houses. It's really hard to see.
Old 01-07-03, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DJ_Longfellow
What's the BEST way to do the mission where you have to cause Chaos from the Biker Bar. Once you complete that they supposedly will bounce for that band (name slips my mind). I have not touched the game in a while.....

The best way to do this is by using the Hunter.

An alternative is to use a maverick/sparrow/etc and ascend to the roof of the bar (or any other populated place nearby). From there, snipe, shoot, lob grenades etc and you're pretty much free from the local VCPD, FBI, etc.

In other words, you're not restriced to the bikes.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-07-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DJ_Longfellow

There is a REALLY EASY way to complete this mission. Just blow up 1 car and keep firing at the car even after it blows up. Each time you fire at the blown up car, your meter increases.
Old 01-08-03, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
That happened to me. I figured out I'd missed the one on the rocks in the water, just south of the wooden boat houses. It's really hard to see.
WHEW. After going back through the list of the 30 or so I KNOW I didn't do Monday night, I found it. The one in Vice Port near 8-ball's shop. Man, I was worried. Anyway, right after that I saved and went to get the Hunter to do the vigilante missions, and it wasn't there. WTF? Maybe I need to wait a little longer. Anyway, took the Rhino instead. I tried to be as discreet as one can be in a tank, but got up to 5 stars before I finished 12 vigilante missions. That made it tougher. Luckily, I was able to get to Sunshine Autos and save. Now I have a Rhino in my garage. Very nice!

X
Old 01-08-03, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyway, right after that I saved and went to get the Hunter to do the vigilante missions, and it wasn't there. WTF? Maybe I need to wait a little longer.
Did you try taking a coptor over the north wall? I dunno. It always seems to be there when I fly to it....

BTW, with the Hunter, you'll never want to stop the vigilante missions!
Old 01-08-03, 10:02 PM

This is a very sweet game. I am already 99% done and working hard at finishing it. All I am missing is one simple unique jump. I am going through the list I have over and over again and should be finding it soon. Hardest part of the game in my opinion was the ambulance. I completed it despite rolling the ambulance in level 9.
Old 01-09-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I use the helicopter over the north wall to steal the Hunter as well. It's always there when I go look for it. However, the Hunter that appears on the south end of the first island after you finish the game and get 100 packages comes and goes.

I've gotten up to Vigilante level 41 with the Hunter.
Old 01-09-03, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by victant
Did you try taking a coptor over the north wall? I dunno. It always seems to be there when I fly to it....

BTW, with the Hunter, you'll never want to stop the vigilante missions!
You mean come over the north wall of the Airforce Base to get the Hunter? I always come in from Starfish Island (west) to look for it. Does it make a difference? I will give it a try.

I didn't end up looking for the Hunter yesterday, cause I spent my short gaming time trying to do the Pizza Boy missions. Dammit. Was doing the downtown Pizza Place and got to level 10, when they put one of my customers on Starfish Island. No way I could get him and all the rest in 5 minutes. Bastards. I'll try again tonight.

X
Old 01-09-03, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You mean come over the north wall of the Airforce Base to get the Hunter? I always come in from Starfish Island (west) to look for it. Does it make a difference? I will give it a try.

Personally, I usually come at the compound from the north because I take off on heli from the hyman condos. But I don't really think it matters...it should always spawn by the time you fly down there, no matter where you start from IMO. Just coming in from the north prevents those rapid fire army guys from tearing me up as I land and try to jack the hunter....

btw, good luck with the pizza mission. i am not at all looking forward to the ambulance mission....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.