Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite current wrestling game?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a GCN and PS2, so am more interested in those platforms' wrestling games, and am more interested in WWE related titles instead of UFC, but any input you want to give is appreciated.

Are you still playing "Shut Your Mouth" or "WM X-8"? Also, "Just Bring it" can be had for basically nothing at a couple BBV. Any good?

What do you own, and what are you still playing consistently? Which games are better for storyline, which for great/special matches for a pseudo-WWE fanboy? Mostly I'd just want to wham HHH into a table over and over...

pixyboi

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 01-02-03 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-02-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nintendo64 : Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

There is no other.
Old 01-03-03, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my gf really likes playing Legends of Wrestling I on xbox with me (we have rented it a couple times). She digs the old skool wrestlers... including Hogan with hair.

Anyone out there played LoW2 yet? I wanna be Andre.

j
Old 01-03-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey Y2K.

Let's see.. SYM has a good million option to it, but that doesn't save the control from being pretty lousy. But, there is enough to keep you occupied regardless, and the roster is the most current. My personal favorite is Raw on the Xbox. The character creator is very sweet, the control is pretty solid (though, even it needs major work). However, Raw is solid as a MULTI-PLAYER game. The 1 player mode sucks. There's just nothing to do. Legends of Wrestling is REALLY bad. Stay away unless you are just that amused by the roster.

Mark my words.. Raw 2 is going to blow all the current games away.
Old 01-03-03, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 915 Likes on 675 Posts
Honestly I don't feel that any of the wrestling games on the new consoles are worth owning. As of now, the only one I will still play is No Mercy for N64. Everything since then is garbage IMO.

Edit: This opinion does not include the Fire Pro Wrestling series that have not been released in the US (except for the GBA version).
Old 01-03-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fire Pro Wrestling.. Hell yeah.
Old 01-03-03, 02:05 PM
Banned

shut your mouth.
Old 01-03-03, 02:12 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally posted by jekbrown
Anyone out there played LoW2 yet? I wanna be Andre.
I have it for the GCN, basically because my friend was a designer on it and I'm included as a jobber.

I've played for a few hours and the controls take some getting use to, there are so many different characters and moves, that it's really fun to try them all out. The soundtrack is really good as well.

I give it a 8 out of 10, the Career Mode is wild... lots of storylines and very engrossing.
Old 01-03-03, 02:26 PM

LoW 2, I think it is a fantastic game. I have Shut Your Mouth, it is great but it only held my interest for a week or so. You can have some great matches on LoW 2, the ladder match is awesome!
Old 01-03-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Never played No Mercy for n64 but my altime favorite was WCW/NWO Revenge for n64. Nothing has been much better. I do like Shut your Mouth though, that my roomate has, pretty fun.
Old 01-03-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I found that the control on LoW1 was a bit sluggish.... ie you hit button and after a short delay something happens. Its slightly annoying, but once u get used to it its no biggie. I thought it was a good game tho, and my gf and I had barrels of laughs playing it. The career option is pretty fun too... my andre wanna be (7', 500lbs) is doin pretty good. Im not into the newer WWE (or whatever) wrestling on tv these days... so LoW is kinda cool... you getta play the old skool characters I really liked when I was a kid (superfly!!!!). Only thing LoW1 was missing was a Hogan shirt-tearing taunt. That woulda owned. Of course, I want LoW2 to be Andre... my fav wrestler ever.

j
Old 01-03-03, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

SnoopDogg, No Mercy runs off the same engine as Revenge except it is WWF, with updated graphics, and many more moves per wrestler. If you liked Revenge (which I also did) No Mercy is basically the same with many upgrades.
Old 01-03-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
No Mercy is still my favorite. The current wrestlings games such as Smackdown have been lackluster at best.

I'm hoping AKI's new game, though based on Def Jam rappers, will be good.
Old 01-03-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I completely agree with you darkside. But at the same time, do you really want to play a wrestling game with Def Jam rappers???
Old 01-03-03, 03:52 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by noonan4224
Honestly I don't feel that any of the wrestling games on the new consoles are worth owning.
Old 01-03-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by noonan4224
I completely agree with you darkside. But at the same time, do you really want to play a wrestling game with Def Jam rappers???
If the gameplay AKI is famous for is there and it has a decent create a wrestler option I may go for it. The only real rappers in the game appear to be something like bosses you beat as you go through the game. Ludacris is a good reason to stay away, but I'm hoping AKI makes it worth putting up with him.