Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Saw Just Married Sneak Preview tonight

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-01-03, 11:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decent romantic comedy, nothing new you haven't seen before. The two leads are likeable, charming and entertaining to watch. The comedy leans more towards the teen comedy genre and is a bit silly and juvenile at times, but overall it was fine. Kind of reminded me a little of the National Lampoon vacation films in a way.

Most of the funniest bits are already in the trailer though, so if you're hoping for more slapstick humor, you won't get much more, you've already seen it. Overall, the movie had quite a warm reception from the audience and some cheers. It's a date movie both guys and girls can go to, and of course it's predictable. I enjoyed it more than Two Weeks Notice, but that's not saying much.

Ashton and Brittany generally seem to enjoy each others presence and play well off each other, which probably explains the reason why they're dating in real life now. Lucky guy.

B-

Last edited by UKingdom; 01-01-03 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-02-03, 12:14 AM
Cool New Member

I caught this tonight too. I was pretty disappointed as I was hoping to maybe laugh once or twice but I did all my laughing during the trailers which gives away all of the jokes. It was still mildly enjoyable because of Brittany Murphy. It was interesting to see her in a straight romantic comedy and not in her usual eye-twitching fare.
Old 01-02-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i love the cockroach scene in the trailer! might see this just for that!
Old 01-02-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw this too... I'm certainly not in the target audience for this movie, but I'd have to say that it's a rental at best. Murphy definitely has some charisma and screen presence, but the movie isn't very funny or entertaining. There are better things to see out there right now.
Old 01-02-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I tried to see it last night, but alas it was sold out by 6:45 (7:30 showing)

Oh well, I will probably catch it later or perhaps in a blind DVD buy.

-CM-