Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Eminem's mother upset about 8 mile

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-01-03, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to imdb:

Eminem's Mother Lays Into Basinger

Hollywood stunner Kim Basinger has incurred the wrath of 8 Mile co-star Eminem's mother - because Debbie Mathers claims she portrays her falsely. The film, which is loosely based on the rapper's troubled life prior to his incredible success, includes Basinger's character Stephanie Smith who is a direct representation of the Lose Yourself rapper's real life mother. His grandmother Betty Kresin has spoken of how upset Debbie is after watching the film, particularly because in Basinger's onscreen counterpart sports a bad hairstyle. Kresin says, "I know Debbie has been to see the film because she was so upset by it. Kim has a beer in her hand in the film but Debbie hardly drinks. She was unhappy about that. I've never seen alcohol in Debbie's life apart from some of the low-life men she has known. Kim's hair is so stringy in the film but Debbie always kept hers perfect. She never had one hair out of place - her kids couldn't hug her because she was worried about her hair getting messed up. Debbie keeps her home perfectly clean, but in the film Kim's trailer home is a complete mess. She told me Kim should have kept her hair good, her trailer clean and not drink beer. It has turned into the battle of the blondes. Marshall says at the beginning of the film that it is fictional but I can see why Debbie has taken it so personally. I can see much of it is based on his life."

The lack of intelligence in this woman just shines throughout this article.
Old 01-01-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dumbest woman ever. If she really isn't drinking much, perhaps she should start because it couldn't hurt anything.
Old 01-01-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Good lord shes an idiot.
Old 01-01-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just another reason to sue her son for the millions he doesnt give her,she would do anything to bring him down when all she did was bring him down in the first place.
Old 01-02-03, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts
Someone needs to kill that bitch.
Old 01-02-03, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That sounds incredibly silly, even desperate, though I haven't seen 8 Mile and therefore don't know if this Debbie was in fact a bad mother or something like that.
Old 01-02-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
what part of "loosely based on the rapper's troubled life " don't this whore understand?
Old 01-02-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by GuessWho
what part of "loosely based on the rapper's troubled life " don't this whore understand?
Im sure the wwhore understands the 'loose' part I've never seen Marshal's mother what the hell does she look like anyway?
Old 01-02-03, 01:16 PM
Banned

I am upset too.
Why did he have to make this movie?
Why do we have to listen to his music?
Old 01-02-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by cooper2000
I am upset too.
Why did he have to make this movie?
Why do we have to listen to his music?
I take it he forced you at gunpoint to see it and listen to his music afterward? Some people *gasp* actually enjoyed the movie and enjoy his music.
Old 01-03-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, this chick needs to get Beyatch slapped. She needs to stop thinking the world revolves around her trailer park trash arse and needs to get over this little extension of 15 minutes of fame she wants.