Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Help me name this movie

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Help me name this movie

Old 12-28-02, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me name this movie

Alright, Sorry to bother, but there's this movie I've always remembered. I saw it back on HBO, maybe 2, 3 years ago. It was about this guy, who basically wrote songs. He puts together this band, and they are all over college radio. They get a record deal, but in the end they pass to stay true to their roots. I think the big song in the movie was "That couldn't be ann, down by the river, that couldn't be ann" something like that. I don't know much about it, but it was great, and I was very fond of it. Anyone know what it was called?
Old 12-29-02, 04:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There’s a movie that I’ve never seen that sounds like it might be the one. The Commitments (?).

I really don’t know and I’ve been meaning to see it, as it’s directed by Alan Parker, but…”what the hey?”
Old 12-29-02, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Kudama
There’s a movie that I’ve never seen that sounds like it might be the one. The Commitments (?).

I really don’t know and I’ve been meaning to see it, as it’s directed by Alan Parker, but…”what the hey?”
No, definitely NOT The Commitments. Good movie though.
Old 12-29-02, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It reminds me of "Eddie and the Cruisers," except they weren't heard on the radio...If you could give us a few more clues, or an actor in it, we might be able to come up with something.