Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ed 12-18-02

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-02, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Ed 12-16-02

Hello welcome to this week's thread for the discussion of the 12-18-02 episode of Ed. I believe tonight's episode is "Neighbors". Does anyone know when Sabrina Lloyd is joining the cast for her stint on the show? Enjoy the show!
Old 12-18-02, 11:03 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
As always, looking forward to it.
Old 12-18-02, 11:17 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Ed 12-16-02

Originally posted by lwhy?
Does anyone know when Sabrina Lloyd is joining the cast for her stint on the show? Enjoy the show!
WHAT?! Where did you hear about this? Natalie from Sports Night comes to Ed? *swoon!*
Old 12-18-02, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Ed 12-16-02

Originally posted by Static Cling
WHAT?! Where did you hear about this? Natalie from Sports Night comes to Ed? *swoon!*
Someone posted on tv talk that she was joining the cast. I think she is only going to be on for six episodes.
Old 12-18-02, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it a new ep tonight?
-di doctor-
Old 12-18-02, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think that miss hurley joins sometime in january.
Old 12-18-02, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes it is a new episode, something about ed and all his clients at the alley and carol is trying to convince molly to take dennis's old position as school principal.
Old 12-18-02, 07:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

So Dennis is gone, huh? Never to return? Well, unless there's a special "Dennis returns" episode?
Old 12-18-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I expect him to come back to town when Carol and Ed look like they are going to get together, kind of like Rena Sofer did before as Bonnie Haines.

On a side note, I was watching an old episode of Friends earlier, and I realized that Nancy also played Rachel's best friend Mindy (who gets married to Rachel's ex-fiance Barry). Very interesting, as I didn't even realize it was Jana Marie Hupp until someone pointed it out to me.
Old 12-18-02, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got my question answered tonight. Now we all have to wait till 2003 for new Ed.
Old 12-18-02, 10:45 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I really enjoyed this episode - even though there was no Warren subplot. The whole Phil/Jared storyline was hilarious.
Old 12-18-02, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Damn it, I forgot this was a new one tonight, too...Santa, may I have a tivo for xmas? please - you cheap bastard!
Old 12-19-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, I really didn't like this one much at all. The greedy lawyer turning Stuckeyville into a litigous society was just retarded. His get rich quick plan is to win a bunch of small claim cases? $2000 and they get all over the local news?!?! Then that turned the recliner race into a non-event, making it non-humorous Then the whole storm-drain thing. Did they get substitute writers this episode? They didn't even have a $10 bet. The storm drain scam basically was the $10 bet, but I don't know how that was supposed to save the town. There were only 10 people who were there! Where were the news cameras then?

I didn't like the Phil storyline, and the sub shop owner explained why: Phil is not likable. The only part of that I did like was the end when he went to get revenge. Where would those clowns get a fat suit like that with the latex mask and everything?

The Molly story was the only thing to save it. It wasn't all that interesting, but I like the idea of making her principal. I thought the speech that got her the job was pretty weak. The part when she told Carol that she thinks she should be married to Ed with 2 kids by now was great, but they blew right past it. Hopefully Carol will stew over that and bring it up again, because it isn't realistic to just forget what she said.

Disappointing episode from a show I look forward to every week I had my hopes up after the whole love triangle ended, hopefully this was just a speed bump because I really enjoyed last week.
Old 12-19-02, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
The episode was okay and I agree with Roto that the saving grace was the Molly storyline. I really like her character (more than I like Carol) and hopefully this promotion will get her some more screen time. The whole Phil/Jared thing was just odd. It will be cool to have Sabrina Lloyd join the cast - now we'll have back to back Sports Night alums on Wednesday nights!
Old 12-19-02, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So are they just going to parade a bunch of female guest stars with their own character arcs, and have Ed go through them (And who thought ABC's "The Batchelor" was compelling viewing) before he finally breaks down and begs Carol to take him to heart.
Old 12-19-02, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

From the promo it looks like Carol is jealous of Ed and Miss Lloyd. The woman who plays Molly(Lesley Boone) was on the Caroline Rhea show lasted night and said that she had been working everyday on the set. She also said that the writers had been writing her in more and that she was going to have a new love interest. On another note, http://www.stuckeyville.com has a petiton to get Ed released on dvd you might want to sign it.

Last edited by lwhy?; 12-19-02 at 10:20 AM.