Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Thomas Vinterberg

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomas Vinterberg

Anyone else awaiting this directors next film? It has been forever since 'The Celebration' and I was looking around and found the site for his English debut, 'It's All About Love' which will be at the year's Sundance Festival. Looks pretty good.

http://www.tvropa.com/itsallaboutlove/

Anyone have any info 'The Third Lie?' IMDB has it listed in 2000, but I never heard a peep out of it? Ever started, completed or did it die in development hell?

Last edited by lostatmidnight; 12-16-02 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-16-02, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Vinterberg mentioned it a few times in interviews but it never got beyond the script stage. The IMDb just hasn't been bothered to delete its entry for it. It will be a couple of years before he gets around to it (if ever) since he's currently working on Dear Wendy.
Old 12-16-02, 11:32 PM

Is The Celebration ever released on DVD?
Old 12-17-02, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by blessthemess
Is The Celebration ever released on DVD?
AFAIK the answer to that question depends on whether you need english subtitles with it. If yes, then no

However, if you don't, then I'm sure there are a couple of releases out there, but either without subtitles, or with subtitles in a language other than english.

(myself I have a vcd copy which I'm happily trade in for a dvd if such thing were available.. with english subtitles of course)

Hemulen
Old 12-17-02, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

AFAIK the answer to that question depends on whether you need english subtitles with it. If yes, then no
Actually there is an Asian release (Taiwanese, apparently) with optional English subtitles. It used to be that you could find dozens of copies at any given time on eBay or Amazon.com but the supply seems to have dried up, leading me to believe that it's now OOP. However I did find one eBay auction for it here if you're interested. I have this disc and can confirm that it's R0 and NTSC. The transfer quality is pretty lousy but given the nature of the material I don't see how they could've done much better. The English subtitles are frequently mangled but never unintelligible (unlike some other Asian DVDs I've seen).
Old 12-17-02, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After about, what, 2 years since the Region 0 was released, I finally picked it up last night on eBay. fullhousedvd, who I highly recommend has it occasionally. Who knows when USA will ever release this.