TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scrubs 12/12

Old 12-13-02, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scrubs 12/12

What, no scrubs thread yet? Well, I never!

I love this show! I don't buy JD dropping hot gift-shop girl for Elliott though. But her living in the truck and Dr. Kelso's response to that was hilarious.
Old 12-13-02, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really hope that the gift shop girl is back. She was unbelievable. I really like Christa Miller in this show as well. Best comedy on TV right now.
Old 12-13-02, 01:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I thought it was a funny episode. JD dreaming of taking a bath with gift-shop girl and rowdy was hilarious. Carla and Turk have been great together this year. "Baby, you need to chill"
Old 12-13-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
I really hope that the gift shop girl is back. She was unbelievable. I really like Christa Miller in this show as well. Best comedy on TV right now.
Gift shop girl was in MTV's undressed a while back. She never undressed.

I know its TV and all but since when does the line, "Go out with me. It's the right thing to do" work. But the choir boys were funny. Hallelujah!!
Old 12-13-02, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gift Shop girl's name was Sarah Lancaster, and damn, she was a total babe!!! JD's a fool!
Old 12-13-02, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone else think the sex scene at the end was pretty explicit for network TV? JD was grabbing both T&A when they were going at it.
Old 12-13-02, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts
Originally posted by TeeSeeJay
Did anyone else think the sex scene at the end was pretty explicit for network TV? JD was grabbing both T&A when they were going at it.
Pretty explicit for a "sitcom" maybe, but not network TV in general.

I would have totally gone for Elliot too. GSG was hot, but she's not Elliot.
Old 12-13-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well - who cares about explicit?!? It was great - and for ONCE it wasn't falsely exposed by a ridiculous promo spot. Guess there is still a good reason that this show is flying "beneath the radar"!

Its new you you!
Old 12-13-02, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the show was great. I loved the bit with Carla and Turk when they were having sex/watching The Jeffersons. That gift shop girl was totally gorgeous...she definately needs to remain on the show.
Old 12-13-02, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't think that this means that J.D. and Elliot are now going to be a couple. I read an interview with the producers and they basically said that their relationship would probably be one where they "f**k once a year, but just remain friends otherwise."
Old 12-13-02, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by sherm42
I don't think that this means that J.D. and Elliot are now going to be a couple. I read an interview with the producers and they basically said that their relationship would probably be one where they "f**k once a year, but just remain friends otherwise."
That actually sound pretty good. I wish they'd done that on Friends with Ross and rachel instead of the whiny crap they go through. Kudos!
Old 12-13-02, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Scrubs is easily the funniest show on TV.....it must embarass NBC that there franchise shows pale in comparison to this newcomer. Will and Grace doesn't even attempt to be funny anymore (I guess, cause I sure don't laugh during it anymore.)

And Sarah Lancaster is hot!
She was one of the two reasons to watch Saved by the Bell: The New Class...but she's just gotten hotter since then.

The love scene did throw me, not in content..kissing and groping, not stuff we haven't seen before on TV, but in length and "passion".
Old 12-16-02, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 12-16-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by tofu
Gift shop girl was in MTV's undressed a while back. She never undressed.

I know its TV and all but since when does the line, "Go out with me. It's the right thing to do" work. But the choir boys were funny. Hallelujah!!
I think it works when you are wearing scrubs in a hospital gift shop

That make-out scene at the end was up there with Moonlighting, but I agree that it probably doesn't mean anything. The only thing that gives me any doubt of that is that he turned down another girl. They might do another couple shows where JD has a crush on her again, but considering the way this show has dealt with it so far it should be back to normal pretty quickly. It's too early to get them together long term.
Old 12-16-02, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It was simply a "booty call". There's no long term thing going on currently with Elliott and JD. Man, GSG is so hot!
Old 12-16-02, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

great great show. the janitor always cracks me up.

two questions...is elliot the same girl who used to be on rosanne? and is the doctor (forgot his name) that always calls JD a girls name the same guy from office space?
Old 12-16-02, 12:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by atari2600
two questions...is elliot the same girl who used to be on rosanne? and is the doctor (forgot his name) that always calls JD a girls name the same guy from office space?
Yes (Sarah Chalke) and yes ("Dr. Cox"/John McGinley).