Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Empire Delivers

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Empire Delivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-02, 12:50 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Empire Delivers

Why Can't DeepDiscountDVD do what DVD Empire seems to accomplish effortlessly?

Ordered two Dario Argento DVDs on Monday; Order was shipped on Tuesday, I got the package in my clammy hands on Thursday, today.

Ricardo
Old 12-12-02, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DVD Empire Delivers

Originally posted by Ricardo41
Why Can't DeepDiscountDVD do what DVD Empire seems to accomplish effortlessly?

Ordered two Dario Argento DVDs on Monday; Order was shipped on Tuesday, I got the package in my clammy hands on Thursday, today.

Ricardo
I assume your order was shipped by priority mail? DDD ships primarily by media mail which is much slower method of delivery. I do agree that DVDEmpire is a good store.
Old 12-12-02, 04:53 PM

I might be wrong, but I think Ricardo41's point is that DDD and other stores such as Amazon, will sit on an order for a few days before shipping it, even when they say the item(s) usually ship in 24 hours.
Old 12-12-02, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have to agree that DVDEmpire is one of the fastest companies to get your order packed and shipped. Their inventory status is also very accurate. If the website lists a dvd as "in-stock", you are pretty much guaranteed that they actually have it in-stock.
Old 12-12-02, 10:26 PM
Cool New Member

My last few orders from dvdempire have had problems. One time their system crashed when they tried to charge my card so their system rejected it, they didn't acknowledge this and just assumed it was my fault although according to the credit card company there wasn't even any attempt to charge my card. The most recent one was with Star Wars 2. Usually preorders ship the thursday before so I get it monday or tuesday. Star wars didn't ship thursday before or the friday or over the weekend. It was still listed as awaiting shipment even though I had it preordered for months in advance. No ones copy shipped yet even though everyone else had it in stock and were shipping. So I cancelled my preorder and went to best buy where I got it cheaper. DVD Empire's prices are higher also especially new releases.

I used them for the longest time but not anymore, I'll just pick up my new releases at best buy where they are always cheaper and I can get them on release day.
Old 12-13-02, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In the last few months I place my first 2-3 orders with DVDEMPIRE and all I have to say is, THEY'RE THE ****ING BOMB!

I've been ordering DVD's online for the past 4 years now and I have to say, they might be the best DVD E-Tailer out there in terms of CS, reliablity and speed of delivery. Take if from a hardened online DVD buyer, these guys have got their **** down!
Old 12-13-02, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Heliosphann
In the last few months I place my first 2-3 orders with DVDEMPIRE and all I have to say is, THEY'RE THE ****ING BOMB!

I've been ordering DVD's online for the past 4 years now and I have to say, they might be the best DVD E-Tailer out there in terms of CS, reliablity and speed of delivery. Take if from a hardened online DVD buyer, these guys have got their **** down!

You sure said something there!
Old 12-13-02, 06:17 PM

Placed an order and got an email after 2hrs

Your Order has been shipped

If only they carried VHS too I would leave amazon for good
Old 12-18-02, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They carry d-vhs at excellent prices toom especially with coupons...
Old 12-23-02, 02:21 AM

Hmmm, based on the positive reviews here, I have just placed an order with DVD Empire. Usually I shop at Amazon. I will now see whether the delivery can match or beat my Amazon orders (around 2-3 weeks...I live in Malaysia...but the delivery is handled by UPS so can't really blame the retailers if any delays occur).

Gosh, I actually shopped somewhere else other than Amazon. Feels like betraying a good friend....naww, just kidding...if I can get DVDs cheaper, then screw Amazon.
Old 11-04-03, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

DVDEmpire has really increased the quality of their service.

Today I placed an order at 09:14:37 and I got a shipment confirmation at 11:10:01. Less than two hours from order to shipment is incredible.
Old 11-04-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Switched to DVDEmpire after DVDPlanet's downfall. Should've did it a LONG time ago. They ship like clockwork and their Preorder Manager is a great tool if you order a lot of titles in advance.
Old 11-04-03, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
DVDEmpire has really increased the quality of their service.

Today I placed an order at 09:14:37 and I got a shipment confirmation at 11:10:01. Less than two hours from order to shipment is incredible.
I found same day shipping to be normal for DVDEmpire if the items are in stock, and the order is placed early in the day.
Old 11-04-03, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
I found same day shipping to be normal for DVDEmpire if the items are in stock, and the order is placed early in the day.
Yep, I found this in their Help section:

Same Day Shipping
In-Stock titles ordered before 2:00pm [EST] for US Postal Service and 2:00pm [EST] for FedEx ship the same day. Out of stock titles ship the day they arrive at our warehouse.
Old 11-05-03, 03:31 PM

DDD's market niche is lowest price, minimal service, while DVD Empire is more of a full-service dealer. If you want lowest/near-lowest price around with free shipping on any number of items, even 1, and don't mind waiting for slow processing and slow delivery, then go with DDD. If you want it processed faster, want quicker status updates on your order, want online cancel capability, and so forth, go with DVD Empire (or Amazon for that matter).