Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NFL2k3-Texans and Reliant Stadium???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-02, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
NFL2k3-Texans and Reliant Stadium???

Can any NFL2k3 owner help me out here? I picked up the game today for $19.99 today and had a question before I open it. I know that the Houston Texans are in the game, but is it their actual roster or a dummy one? Also does it feature Reliant Stadium and its Retractable roof?

Thanks.
(oh, and yes I'm a huge Texans fan and would rather wait for another cycle to get them properly represented if they aren't at this time!)
Old 12-10-02, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where did you get it for 19.99?
Old 12-10-02, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Circuit City has it in their ad this week. I price matched at Wal-Mart.
Old 12-10-02, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All players except last minute cuts and during the season changes should be in the game....
Old 12-10-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Is nfl2k3 betetr than nfl fever or madden. I read the reviews but what about your guys opinions?
Old 12-10-02, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Texans defense is in the game, but their offense is non-existent.
Old 12-10-02, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by damn_skippy
Is nfl2k3 betetr than nfl fever or madden. I read the reviews but what about your guys opinions?
My opinion is drop Fever right out of contention. Then you have 2 excellent games, although I prefer Madden over NFL. The key reason is that the defense has super diving ability that allows them to dive about 5 yards (15 feet). Kind of impossible in realistic terms. You also have to change the slider bars right away as things are a little bit out of whack. NFL is getting closer, but Madden is still the best.

Now, NFL at 19.99 is a better deal if you are not looking to spend money. Madden is $39.99 at EB/Gamestop...I don't know about major retail places other than Target that still sell it at $49.99 last I checked.

You really can't go wrong either way honestly...
Old 12-10-02, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I changed over to sega sports during the 2k2 series I just like them better and as far as the NBA2K3's espn layout is pretty cool it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. This is coming from a huge former EA mark and there are some of there games I still get no matter what, but now I think it's more like whatever the best deal is. Plus in my opinion I didn't see anything improve in Madden.
Old 12-10-02, 10:12 PM

Madden 2003>NFL 2K3
I bought NFL2K3 after falling into the hype trap,and boy,did I make a mistake.The gameplay of NFL 2K3 is very good,but beyond gameplay,the game is empty.If you are looking for stuff to do,beyond just playing games,then Madden is the way to go.A month or so after getting 2K3,I took it back,bought Madden and haven't looked back once.
Old 12-10-02, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

did anyone catch sportscenter the other day when they showed the fiesta bowl simulation using ncaa2k3? does nfl2k3 look like that? i couldnt believe how pitiful that game looked. the players were all box-like and didnt even run with a fluid motion (they had the OSU quarterback running a 70 yard sneak and every other step his leg would move back like he had limited animation abilities). i dont mean to knock the game as i've never played it and dont know what system it was on they were showing it from but it was about a minute and a half segment on sportcenter with commentary so i figured i would mention it.
Old 12-10-02, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hard to argue for $20!

frankly, the last madden i bought was madden 2001 for the ps2. after reading it's HYPE about how good the graphics were, etc... i was disappointed to say the least. to me, they all look fake; the face textures look terrible, they don't move realistically, etc. i see the madden football replays on monday night football and if that's what it looks like, it still looks bad to me.

i like madden's commentary though. anyway, no way i'm paying more than $20 for a sports game; even if i have to buy a previous year version.
Old 12-11-02, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by young
anyway, no way i'm paying more than $20 for a sports game; even if i have to buy a previous year version.
On the contrary, the only games I pay full price for are sports games because they have such immense replay value. All other games I try to pick up used.