Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Help Needed: PS2 EA Sports NCAA 2003—Dynasty

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-02, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Needed: PS2 EA Sports NCAA 2003—Dynasty

Okay, so I finished a season with the CSU Rams. Finished #5 on All-American level. I just switched to DYNASTY mode and next I get to recruit. Well, I've never done this and would like ideas, hints, etc on how to do it right.

I lost my QB, RB, and a few others, including LBs and WRs, so I could use just about everything.
Old 12-09-02, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my experience with NCAA 2003, you'd be wisest to shore up in-state recruits first with as many points as you can throw at them. However, my first step would be to go through the Top 100 for anyone with high-interest. Woo them and your in-staters with every form of contact.

Also, don't neglect the medium range prospects. In my first few seasons with Michigan, I only went after Blue Chips... and found myself VERY weak at a few positions, namely my defensive line, because I waited too long to sign the strong, if not spectacular, prospects. Of course after 2 straight national championships, I pretty much owned Midwestern recruiting.

Also, don't be afraid to sign multiple big prospects at performance positions like RB and QB if you have the opportunity... you can always red shirt them.

Once you feel like you've done your best with your local recruits, tackle anyone with a high-interest level from the rest of the field. It's often not worth wasting points if they don't have ANY interest in your school...

You'll get a feel for the system... and it's probably a very unique process for every school. I know after I declined Michigan's newest offer and went to Western Michigan for a new challenge, I couldn't recruit diddly because everyone was still going to Michigan!!

edit: wooo hooo! 1000th post. I am officially a Special Edition!

Last edited by jdpatri; 12-09-02 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-09-02, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, what are the easiest steps to doing all this. I know of the top 100 recruits, as well as the top recruits that are looking at CSU, but how do I pick? How do I know how many points I have to offer and how many to throw at a guy?
Old 12-09-02, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can look at just the recruits who are interested in your school. I would recommend ONLY going after them and really, only going after those recruits who have you listed as their first or second choice. To go after anyone else is a waste of recruiting points. Even if you can only get the 2 or 3 star kids, you'll be a lot better off than not getting any recruits at all. It's not good to have more than a couple of unfulfilled scholarships.
Old 12-09-02, 10:43 AM
Cool New Member

I would second going after kids interested in your school. Usually if they are not interested you have a very slim chance of picking them up. On the recruiting screen go to interested contacts and scout from there first. Make sure you go back after each week and give points to all of your prospects.

I find for me that if I make a list of what I have left, the year they are, and if they play on the left or right side (lines and linebackers), and their overall rating, I can glance at my prospects without having to go back to the depth chart.
Old 12-09-02, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Off topic a bit, but does anyone know hints on winning the Heisman? The first season I played, MARSHALL's QB won with 55 touchdowns. I was lucky to get 12 passing and 12 running, and my running back got 24, so neither won (although they were in the running).

Short of only using one player for every play (ie all runs or all passes), what can I do to win the Heisman?

(if it matters, I'm playing with 5 min quarters)
Old 12-09-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...I won the Heisman with Michigan's RB #23 (aka Perry) but really didn't try until the final game when I knew the voting was close. I wasn't very good at passing yet so my passing/running split was about 30/70. However, nobody had anywhere near 55 TD's. That's slightly ridiculous. Don't expect that every season.
Old 12-09-02, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jdpatri
...I won the Heisman with Michigan's RB #23 (aka Perry) but really didn't try until the final game when I knew the voting was close. I wasn't very good at passing yet so my passing/running split was about 30/70. However, nobody had anywhere near 55 TD's. That's slightly ridiculous. Don't expect that every season.
When I saw he had 50+ TDs, I was thinking I'd never get the Heisman unless I started doing 15 minute quarters.
Old 12-09-02, 01:19 PM

GO RAMS!!!
Old 12-09-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Wutang9
GO RAMS!!!
You got that right...although I'm still fuming over the UNLV debacle.
Old 12-09-02, 02:35 PM
Retired

I won the hesiman once with my QB with 1,500 rushing yards and 2,500 passing. Can't remember how many TDs.

Unfortunately he was only a sophomore and went pro, and I haven't been able to get a QB that could run and through in the 2 years since. Got a great passer now though.

In my 2nd season I won the heisman with my RB. 2,000 yards, bunch of TDs.
Old 12-10-02, 11:29 AM

Its OK... Liberty Bowl here we (and I ) come!
Old 12-10-02, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope they hand it to TCU. But I'd like to make a BCS bowl someday and skip the whole Memphis thing.

Have fun!