Reload this Page >

Major Spoilers for Buffy & Angel

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-08-02, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
from Herc, (only 1 of 2 people I read @ AICN).....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Angel
“Angel” 4.8 won’t air till next year, yet details about 4.13 have already emerged:
* Angelus will search for The Beast, but he’ll also snack on bystanders along the way.
* Charles Gunn and Krevlornswath of the Deathwok clan will agree that Connor is out to kill Angelus.
* Evil Wolfram & Hart attorney Lilah Morgan will be really quite completely dead by 4.13 (a victim of Angelus perhaps?). When Wesley visits her corpse in the basement of the Hyperion, we’ll see that he’s taking her demise pretty hard.
* Faith, still in stir, will be reintroduced early in 4.13. A fellow inmate will try to impale the slayer with a dagger that will “seem familiar to viewers of a certain other Mutant Enemy show,” according the ths script. (Faith joins “Angel” for three episodes this season, reportedly to help take down an escaped Angelus. She’s then slated to turn up on five episodes of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” this season, starting with 7.18). Speaking of which …
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
* Word is that explosion at the Watcher’s HQ in London left no survivors. With Quentin Travers and so much of the watchers council wiped out (and assuming Giles isn’t really dead) will Buffy’s former mentor be sought to rejoin the council as new head watcher?
* Dawn will soon discover that she too is a slayer candidate. (Was Giles unaware of this during all those years he served as Buffy’s watcher?)
* Willow is expected to update us on Miss Kitty Fantastico sometime in the next episode or two.
* Xander and Anya will not permanently reconcile.
* It now seems a virtual certainty that Faith will not survive the “Buffy” series finale.
I am – Hercules!!
Old 12-08-02, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
"* It now seems a virtual certainty that Faith will not survive the “Buffy” series finale. "

*sobs*
Old 12-08-02, 12:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
"* It now seems a virtual certainty that Faith will not survive the “Buffy” series finale. "

*sobs*
I agree

Why are they killing Lilah? Sometime the people at ME are total morons. Why don't they just kill Conner or Gunn, they're both pretty useless characters.

Last edited by MrX; 12-08-02 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-08-02, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since no one would be in here if they weren't looking for spoilers, does anyone else see Faith's departure mirroring that of Boromir in Fellowship of the Ring? I think it would be an appropriate and honorable end for her character.
Old 12-08-02, 02:44 PM

Since no one would be in here if they weren't looking for spoilers, does anyone else see Faith's departure mirroring that of Boromir in Fellowship of the Ring? I think it would be an appropriate and honorable end for her character.
its funny when I read the spoilers this morning I thought something along the same lines. I think its the only way her character really can end. You've also got to wonder if it will be Dawn the Vampire Slayer next year.
Old 12-08-02, 03:06 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I hope they just end it as opposed to Dawn the Vampire Slayer. I know Buffys ratings are bad enough right now and they'll really crash if they go that route. If they do a spinoff I heard it will be with the international slayer they're trying to cast right now.
Old 12-08-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is this the last season?
Old 12-08-02, 03:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rypro 525
is this the last season?
Odds are that it is. Just about everyones contract is up. Emma Caufield(Anya) has said she won't be back and all indications are Sarah doesn't sign on for anymore either.
Old 12-08-02, 03:48 PM
Banned

Lila is the best part of Wolfrem and Hart since Lindsay left, unless he comes back but Lila is a great foiler.

As far as Buffy goes, I really think they should take the high route and not do an X-files and milk the franchise. I dont want to see a watered down spinoff show next year.
I wont watch and I dont think many people will.

Leave it so Buffy cast members can make appearances on Angel.
Old 12-08-02, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by cooper2000
Lila is the best part of Wolfrem and Hart since Lindsay left, unless he comes back but Lila is a great foiler.

As far as Buffy goes, I really think they should take the high route and not do an X-files and milk the franchise. I dont want to see a watered down spinoff show next year.
I wont watch and I dont think many people will.

Leave it so Buffy cast members can make appearances on Angel.
I do remember reading an interview with either Marti Noxon or Joss Whedon, ( sorry can't remember which) that if this was the final season we would be surprised as to which characters spin off to Angel and which characters might continue in a post-Buffy series...the main thing it sounds like to me is that a definite plan is in place for whatever form Buffy may take next year....and who knows, with WB moving Angel to Wed. nights....we might see Angel take Buffy's spot......I'm kinda joking with that so don't go crazy on my butt...

Last edited by Nathan Gervais; 12-08-02 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-09-02, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MrX
I agree

Why are they killing Lilah? Sometime the people at ME are total morons. Why don't they just kill Conner or Gunn, they're both pretty useless characters.
I think Gunn kicks ass, and I love Lilah...but I totally agree about Connor...they should kill that Bastard...Angel has done nothing but go downhill since he got on the show...I hate that guy...can't believe he banged Cordy...

MATT
Old 12-09-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can definitely see something like that... especially if we find out that Dawn is the last slayer candidate. Faith and Dawn could both be struggling in a fight... Faith sacrifices herself to save Dawn, and BOOM, Dawn's slayer powers kick in just in the nick of time.
Old 12-10-02, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
Faith sacrifices herself to save Dawn, and BOOM, Dawn's slayer powers kick in just in the nick of time.
I'm dreading this ending already...
Old 12-10-02, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no way I would watch a "Dawn" spin off.

It would be cool to see Willow on "Angel".
Old 12-10-02, 02:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by LiquidSky
There is no way I would watch a "Dawn" spin off.
That's pretty much the consenus at this point. I don't think they are dumb enough to do it, at least I hope not.
Old 12-10-02, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
I can definitely see something like that... especially if we find out that Dawn is the last slayer candidate. Faith and Dawn could both be struggling in a fight... Faith sacrifices herself to save Dawn, and BOOM, Dawn's slayer powers kick in just in the nick of time.
Well, I kinod of saw it as the next to last episode with Dawn being the Merry/Pippin role and Buffy as the Aragorn type. I know, I'm a geek!
Old 12-10-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was hoping they wouldn't kill Faith or Buffy, but that Faith would take over for Buffy and she and Dawn would go off into the sunset or something. Maybe head over to England to help Giles rebuild the watcher's council and start training the next generation of potential slayers. This would leave room for a Buffy movie or mini series event.

A new slayer show? Would be cool, if it's NOT Dawn. I wouldn't bother either. The character is just not interesting enough in that capacity. I would consider one based on Faith, or someone new altogether.

I like both Lila and Gunn on Angel and think that Connor needs to go. I think he was added to bring in some of the younger females. But, if they can't reconcile him with Angel, then lose him.
Old 12-10-02, 10:34 PM

yeah, dawn would be a boring as hell slayer, her character is already so dull, faith would be nice
Old 12-10-02, 10:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The show would be great with Faith in the lead. The problem is Eliza wants to continue to make movies that few people see so she won't do it.
Old 12-11-02, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Faith would be cool. The last movie I saw Eliza in was the horrendous "Soul Survivors"....what a piece of poo.
Old 12-11-02, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MrX
The show would be great with Faith in the lead. The problem is Eliza wants to continue to make movies that few people see so she won't do it.

Well, she isn't the kind that will exactly get offered plum roles that don't have her as some High School chick.
I think that what she needs to be put over as an authentic leading lady is a True Lies sequel directed by Cameron and focusing on her character with Arnold in a supporting role. While this is only wishful thinking, they should take the now out of work Jessica Alba and make her a bad guy so she and Dushku could have a cat fight!
Old 12-11-02, 07:31 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Well, she isn't the kind that will exactly get offered plum roles that don't have her as some High School chick.
I think that what she needs to be put over as an authentic leading lady is a True Lies sequel directed by Cameron and focusing on her character with Arnold in a supporting role. While this is only wishful thinking, they should take the now out of work Jessica Alba and make her a bad guy so she and Dushku could have a cat fight!
I think Cameron cut the Dana character out of True Lies 2 completely if I remember right so that's one thing she won't be doing.