Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

QUALITY FM Portable Radio Suggestion Needed!

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-02, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a quality FM Radio. I commute to work and need some form of music when I'm on the bus. I don't like using mp3 players because I don't have the time to keep loading new songs on the device. I also get tired of listening to the same songs over and over and I like listening to Howard in the morning.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good FM radio? I'd like it to be digital and small. There are some very small mp3 players out there, so I'm sure there's gotta be a good FM radio.

I also wouldn't mind it if it had AM stations (for baseball and football games).

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 12-07-02, 05:25 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Let's try this in a different forum...
Old 12-07-02, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Mitz...I have this sony that's about 2/3 the size of a deck of cards, it's fully digital, and gets great reception. I got it for $27.99 @ Circuit City.

Also, in radio shack the other day, they had this one that was about the size of a matchbook, and I think it was $14.99...don't know if it was digital.

I ended up with mine to listen to stern while at work in the morning, and I can hide the ear-bud cord up my shirt if need be (office jobs don't take too kindly to this, but oh well. LOL).

Also, if I may make a suggestion, the Sennheiser MX-400 earbuds (and the 500s) are the best damn headphones I've had since a set of big old studio style sennheisers. They EASILY upgraded the sound coming out of the sony, and my cd player for that matter. I couldn't believe that earbuds could sound so good...and they are cheap too- like $18 shipped directly from sennheiser. I had a pair of Sony's that cost around $80 before these, and the Senn's blow them away. It's a quick, easy, and relatively inexpensive way to upgrade your sound right out of the box.
Old 12-07-02, 09:31 PM
Banned

Thanks for the suggestion lordzeppelin, do you have the model number of the Sony?

I'd prefer not to get RS products (haven't had good experiences with them)
Old 12-07-02, 11:26 PM
Banned

Okay, I've done some more digging, and found two potential candidates:

Sony SRF-M95

Aiwa CR-LD100

What do you all think? I'm leaning towards the Sony just because the sony products that I have owned have been bulletproof and lasted a long time, however it is more expensive.

Has anyone used either of these before? Anyone know of any other products that are similar to the two above?
Old 12-08-02, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have the Sony SRF-M35. It was more than enough for my needs, which was a small, cheapie, with digital tuning.

Anyways, I like the SRF-M95. Looks pretty damn nice...
Old 12-09-02, 09:12 PM
Banned

Yeah, I think I'm going to get the SRF-M95, but I can't seem to find a store that's selling it cheap...