DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review: Quadrophenia

Old 12-04-02, 01:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: Quadrophenia

I was wondering whether anyone had a review of the "Quadrophenia" DVD advertised, for example, on Digitaleyes. It states on their website that it is a "Special Edition" in 1.85:1 aspect ratio. On the bottom it states that the disc is actually a pan & scan version at 1.33:1.

I doubt that the movie was shot in 1.85:1. More likely it was shot at 1.66:1, and is offered in the United States at 1.33:1.

I've never heard of a "Special Edition."

And since we are on the subject of Mods: does anyone have a review of (if it exists) Julian Temple's Absolute Beginners on DVD?

Thanks!

Ricardo
Old 05-27-05, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Quadrophenia (R1) anamorphic?

Did some extensive searching of these forums, and didn't find the info I was looking for, but I did find this old thread that I can tack my question onto...

I'm wondering if the Quadrophenia DVD (R1, distributed these days by Rhino) is anamorphic. I can't find reliable information via a general google search or on any of the usual DVD review sites, and Rhino customer service is not getting back to me. (Grrrr.) Anyway, if anyone knows, or has this and can pop it in and find out for me, whether this is enhanced for widescreen TVs, I'd really appreciate it!