Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Will Equilibrium release in limited or full?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-02, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this movie looks great and was wandering on it's Dec. 6th release will it be full or limited?
Thanks,
filmcritic
Old 12-03-02, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the other thread on this page noted that it might only be released in 300 theaters.. not to much of a "wide" release if you ask me.
Old 12-03-02, 11:20 PM

whoops sorry i scrolled down the whole first page and didn't see anything. I hope it releases in at my theater because I would like to see this movie.
thanks,
filmcritc
Old 12-03-02, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Well you figure 50 states and 300 theaters showing it. breaks down to odds that it will be in your area. all depends on where you are at. though I'm sure the larger cities will have higher chances of getting this then the smaller ones.
Old 12-04-02, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is it just me or does Dimension really enjoy letting their films flop? They do little-to-no promotion for many of their movies and just let them dissapear.
Old 12-04-02, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's hard to do a lot of promoting when your just slightly above the line of being profitable.
Old 12-04-02, 10:47 AM

Let me just throw in a vote of confidence for EQ... I saw it at a screening last month, and it rocked my socks.

The action scenes are some of the most creative you'll see this year. GREAT FUN.

I hope everyone who is interested can find it this weekend.
Old 12-04-02, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The action scenes are some of the most creative you'll see this year. GREAT FUN.
That's not really saying much, is it. But I must admit it does look really cool. Good action movies are so rare these days.
Old 12-04-02, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by tha_dvd_man
That's not really saying much, is it. But I must admit it does look really cool. Good action movies are so rare these days.
haha...okay, so beating The Transporter isn't the biggest boast...

I'll UP that ante!

The action scenes are some of the most creative I've ever seen. I promise. AND, as an added bonus chip, I'll throw in:

COOLEST RELOADING EVER. (you have never even begun to dream this one up, my friends.)
Old 12-04-02, 03:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw this six months ago at a preview screening and it was one of the coolest movies I have seen in a long time. I have to agree with El Gray in that the action scenes are very creative. The only way I can describe it is as "gun fu".
Dimension would be making a profit if they concentrated more on decently marketing and releasing their theatrical films (Below, Equilibrium) instead of their umpteenth Hellraiser, Children of the Corn, or Halloween sequels.
Old 12-04-02, 07:56 PM

The movie looks incredible but will probably flop due to little promotion. I watch tv 24/7 and i have only seen the trailer a couple of times.
Old 12-05-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

you guys think this looks good? man it looked so cheasy when i saw the preview. like a matrix-wannabe.

am i missing something here? is this a remake? or based on a comic? whats the deal?
Old 12-05-02, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by atari2600
you guys think this looks good? man it looked so cheasy when i saw the preview. like a matrix-wannabe.

am i missing something here? is this a remake? or based on a comic? whats the deal?
It's neither remake nor comic book film. It's just a nicely-made, low-budget sci-fi action flick with a great cast. Please believe me when I tell you the action scenes are truly creative, and that the flick is worth seeing.

No, it's not a digital magic show like The Matrix or LOTR. No, it's not a wire-fu fest, as EVERY CRITIC seems to want to mention.

It's just a damn cool action movie with a Fahrenheit 451-like plot.
Old 12-05-02, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I just heard of this flick today, right before its opening...is it flying that low on the promotion meter or is my radar really off??

It looks pretty promising...and luckily its playing near me, so I'll be checking it out this weekend. According to Yahoo Movies, its opening in the top 20 markets tomorrow.
Old 12-05-02, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Makes you wonder if EVERYTHING is going to be called a knock off of the matrix. Odd considering the Matrix has so many things it's knocking off itself.
Old 12-05-02, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

never saw F-451 but ill take your word for it and see it (if my theater has it).

reminds me of the transporter. i thought it would be corny and stupid (hell the title is stupid) but damn, that was a kick ass action flick. i loved it!
Old 12-05-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by El Gray
It's neither remake nor comic book film. It's just a nicely-made, low-budget sci-fi action flick with a great cast. Please believe me when I tell you the action scenes are truly creative, and that the flick is worth seeing.

No, it's not a digital magic show like The Matrix or LOTR. No, it's not a wire-fu fest, as EVERY CRITIC seems to want to mention.

It's just a damn cool action movie with a Fahrenheit 451-like plot.
you sure you're not the producer of equilibrium??? jk

well, it does look like a cheesy imitation of matrix. but, i'm all for some gun-fu. i've seen commercials for it in my area so i'll probably see it.
Old 12-05-02, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The review over at CHUD is damn near orgasmic.
Old 12-05-02, 09:56 PM

luckily its opening at the theater out here so i think i might check it out tomorrow.
Old 12-05-02, 11:05 PM

Anyone know where I can find a list of where it's being shown? Anybody know where it's being shown around the Chicago area?
Old 12-05-02, 11:31 PM

Anyone know where I can find a list of where it's being shown? Anybody know where it's being shown around the Chicago area?
http://movies.yahoo.com

enter your zipcode into the form.
Old 12-06-02, 12:25 AM

The trailer looks pretty @$$tastic...while it might not be a Matrix rip-off, it is PORTRAYED as one by the trailer. But its not the fact that it looks like a Matrix clone that bothers me, its that its got a definite "cliched sci-fi plot with absolutely nothing new" vibe to it. I swear that the voice over about how he worked for the government until they betrayed him has been used in like a hundred trailers before.

But all that is just based on the trailer and the people who create trailers try to make new movies seem like older popular movies (IMO), so it just might be the marketing department's fault.

I'll wait and rent it.
Old 12-06-02, 03:31 AM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally posted by atari2600
never saw F-451 but ill take your word for it and see it (if my theater has it).
read the book, skip the movie
Old 12-06-02, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i meant i will see equilibrium, not F-451
Old 12-06-02, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You're in luck, it's playing in 7 or 8 theaters around the city and suburbs!

Notably the AMC twin giants Cantera and South Barrington if you're that far out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.