U2 - Live At Slane Castle 11/29 on CBS

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-29-02, 10:22 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

This is a one hour show from the concerts last year at Slane Castle in Ireland ( this is 6 mile from my parents house, and you can hear the music coming down the river Boyne)

Suckily it's only a 1 hour show, but from the preview on my Tivo it should be cool.

http://www.cbs.com/specials/u2/

http://www.slanecastle.ie/

Twenty years after they first performed there and 18 years after recording their album The Unforgettable Fire in the ballroom, U2 returns to Slane Castle in Ireland for a special concert that sold out in less than one hour. Don't miss this historic concert special, U2'S BEAUTIFUL DAY, taped at Slane Castle and broadcast Friday, November 29 at 10PM ET/PT on CBS.

After touring the world twice on the Elevation tour and selling out all 113 arena dates, U2 wanted to play their final concert at home in Ireland. The multiple Grammy Award-winning band performs some of their greatest hits, including "Elevation," "Where the Streets Have No Name," "Pride (In the Name of Love)," "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and "One." In addition to their performance, the special includes a behind-the-scenes look at one of the most successful bands on today's music scene with candid backstage footage.
Old 11-30-02, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it was pretty good, but alas, too short. It was about the same as the Elevation DVD, but did you notice that the heart stage was a different shape than usual? Do they have different hearts for different types of venues?

-CM-
Old 11-30-02, 02:02 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
Way too short indeed, I think that the stage was setup different as it was an outdoor show, and thus they could have more people in the heart, which by the way is the best stage ever.

I don't understand why they have not released this as a dvd, as it was obviously produced by dreamcatcher and was recorded for viewing.
Old 11-30-02, 02:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Watched the first few minutes of it... from those few minutes, it looked inferior to the U2: Elevation DVD, which is outstanding.
Old 11-30-02, 03:35 PM

yeah, the U2:elevation dvd is one of my most played discs. I get chills listening and watching where the streets have no name every time. I wish I didn't miss this to see Solaris aka Event Horizon 2k2. I also wanted to catch the muppet movie
Old 12-01-02, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by BernieStolar
I get chills listening and watching where the streets have no name every time.
And here I thought I was the only one
As good as it sounds/looks on the DVD, trust me, it's that much better live. I saw them at Notre Dame in 2001 and was completely blown away.