Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

So my Panny player only puts out 48khz audio...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-02, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, it takes me almost a year to finally catch up on stuff after being unemployed, and I finally have saved enough over 6 months to upgrade my surround system from the Aiwa 250 watt analog DD setup I've had since college to an actual "home theater" setup consisting of Paradigm speakers (2 Monitor 5's, CC-370 center, PDR-12 sub, and 2 ADP 170 surr.) and a Denon 3803 Receiver...and I get everything set, and I'm calibrating the speakers and what do I find?

My Panasonic RV-65 DVD player only puts out the 96khz audio stream in PCM analog, rather than over the Optical port. I'm furious. I've loved this trusty player, never had a problem with it in the least, no chroma bug, nothing, but this is enough to make me want to ditch it. It downconverts any digital audio stream to 48kHz no matter what. This makes for pretty ho-hum DTS ES 6.1 sound...lemme tell ya.

So has anyone else run into this? I just ordered the Panasonic RP-82 after being assured that it puts out a solid 96 audio over the digital channels...does anyone that owns this player want to confirm?

I'm up for discussion about this...so anyone care to chime in?