Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

That 70's Show: 11-26-02

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-02, 07:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That 70's Show: 11-26-02

Great Episode. I'm no TV expert and I haven't seen everything but I think that's the best TV show proposal I've ever seen.
Old 11-27-02, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"and it's really STUPID!"

Good episode.
Old 11-27-02, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The stupid helmet bit was hilarious.

The jeweler was hilarious.

This show is hilarious.

"I refuse to put on anymore jewelry!"
"Well thank God for that!"
Old 11-28-02, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just makes you wonder how That 80s Show was so awful and why they ever thought it would be a good idea to do that in the first place. That was a great proposal scene, especially since it was between high-school students.

Kitty going through menopause has to be one of my favorite running jokes on tv
Old 11-28-02, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Originally posted by Roto
Just makes you wonder how That 80s Show was so awful
80s Show didn't work because it was about being set in the 80s whereas 70s Show is just a show that happens to be set in the 70s without pointing it out in such obvious ways.
Old 11-28-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think the 80's Show worked because they were TRYING to make a canned hit TV show for Fox. That 70's Show worked because they weren't really trying to make a specific hit (at least as far as I know) and it went on, it was original, it was fresh, it was funny, and it struck a chord. That 80's Show had the name that made it sound like it was a spinoff, when it wasn't, and also I think they were trying just a tad too hard to make it funny when it wasn't all that great.
Old 11-28-02, 03:15 PM

I liked the 70's Show when it first came on the air since the characters were really fresh and original. However, I haven't watched the past couple of season, since even the show is alluding to the fact that its' best days are behind them (Fez jumping the shark). Also, when you have the cast "switching off" in terms of love interests (Donna and Hyde), you know the show is weakening.

It's starting to get a little long in the tooth, but with Fox's programming in such shambles, it will probably run as long as Married... With Children. After all, didn't they just sign a two-year extension?
Old 11-29-02, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I disagree that Fez jumping the shark was a sign that the show was going on too long. No, it's not as fresh as it was, but I still think the scripts are funnier and more original than most TV out there. Does everything work? Of course not. Since Bob's wife left, he's been like a third wheel on the show rather than a great supporting character, and while not everything in every episode is comedy gold, the show still has life in it and the scripts keep me laughing. I think it's the best sit com on right now, not that I watch many of them, so I may be biased. But the last time I looked in on the Simpsons (this season, actually, I tried an episode) it was so bad, so painful, it was like seeing a favorite child go down the wrong path. That show used to be brilliant, and now it's just a hollow shell of a marketing ploy. And people still say that show is better than anything else on TV. If the Simpsons is better than anything else on TV, then either they haven't see That 70's Show, or I am missing something and I need to re-evaluate what I watch on TV and throw my set away. That is if the Simpsons is truly still the best thing on.

And I only bring up the Simpsons because it is another long running Fox show that I feel falls in to the category the previous poster put That 70's Show in. Talk about long in the tooth, that show should have been put to sleep seasons ago.