FARSCAPE fans run TV ad to save show...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-02, 02:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FARSCAPE fans run TV ad to save show...

FARSCAPE fans run TV ad
Produced and funded by donations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Tuesday, November 26, 2002

By: MIKE WHYBARK
By: News Editor
Source: Wired

WIRED NEWS sticks with the Save FARSCAPE campaign, noting that the doughty band has successfully moved their quixotic quest to the next level, producing and airing a television commercial intended to encourage fans to keep the pressure on the Sci Fi Channel to rescind the cancellation decision.

The ad spot will run in 24 major cities around the country this week. The ad is described as paying homage to Apple's Switch campaign.
Old 11-26-02, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every time I've done this, I've gotten my head bitten off for it, but I'm going to try one last time (mainly because there's a lot of information in the other post).

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=242210

das
Old 11-26-02, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just curious, but how can running TV ad help save Farscape?
Old 11-26-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth mookiemeister •<HR SIZE=1>Just curious, but how can running TV ad help save Farscape? <HR SIZE=1>

The belief is that a ratings boom for the final 11 episodes will give those parties involved the leverage needed to keep the show on the air in some capacity.

das
Old 11-26-02, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth mookiemeister •<HR SIZE=1>Just curious, but how can running TV ad help save Farscape? <HR SIZE=1>

The belief is that a ratings boom for the final 11 episodes will give those parties involved the leverage needed to keep the show on the air in some capacity.

das
Ah, that makes sense. Though I don't watch the show (don't have sci fi channel), I hope they can pull this off.
Old 11-26-02, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
letter writing campaign is needed
like with ST:TOS
Old 11-26-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth mikehunt •<HR SIZE=1>letter writing campaign is needed
like with ST:TOS
<HR SIZE=1>

The campaign we've put together has been staggering in scope (including a massive letter-writing campaign among other things) ... Sci-Fi just doesn't care. It's become a bitter ego point with them, and they refuse to bend because it makes them look stupid. The direction they're taking the channel has no room for viewers who appreciate quality science fiction programming anyway, so they really don't care if they lose us as viewers. We're not the braindead masses they're looking for with all the crap they've been putting on their channel.

The goal of the campaign for the past few months has been to make other networks aware of the situation so that if we blow the roof off the ratings in January, they'll take an active interest in acquiring the show.

das
Old 11-26-02, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Every time I've done this, I've gotten my head bitten off for it, but I'm going to try one last time (mainly because there's a lot of information in the other post).

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=242210

das
How dare you link to that thread. You jerk.

Old 11-26-02, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Aw, you can do better than that.

das
Old 11-26-02, 08:28 PM

Why would anyone bite your head off for linking to the other thread Das? If anything I have to thank you for linking to the other thread since it saves me the trouble of searching. Also your posts concerning Farscape's cancellation have been very informative and helpful. So, keep up the good posts and ignore any discouraging words. Having Farscape cancelled by the morons at USA2 was discouraging enough.

Chris
Old 11-27-02, 08:51 AM

ERE! I thought you lot had forgotten about Farscape as no-one posted when I wrote about this.

Good to know everyone's still keeping the faith.