Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Babylon 5 / Amazon.ca issues

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-02, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the Babylon 5 Season 1 DVD set from Amazon.ca two weeks ago, and my package arrived today. I read stories on this forum about discs arriving damaged, and the same happened to me. Two out of the six discs in the box were off the spindle, and they had some significant scratching on the surface.

I called amazon.ca's customer service number (thank you Google) and was connected to a real person within 15 seconds. The service rep said they would ship me a new DVD set as soon as they get back in stock (4-6 weeks), and the shipping would be upgraded so I'd get the replacement set a few days sooner. The rep also said that due to the expense of shipping the defective set back to amazon.ca, I could just dispose of it however I want.

I give amazon.ca customer service 5 out of 5 stars!

-Impaler30
Old 11-26-02, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine arrived with 2 & 4 off the spindle. Fortunately only 2 light surface scratches which didn't affect play, so I kept them.

I only got mine last Thursday. It had been on backorder and I thought it was nice that they upgraded the shipping so that I received it in 4 days. Received it the same day I got ST:TNG Season 5 which took 14 days via surface mail!

I totally agree with your 5 star rating of amazon.ca

They will definitely be getting more of my business when I order Buffy Season 3, Blake's 7, Red Dwarf Season 1 and Deep Space 9 Season 1.