Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DVD Asian.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-02, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Asian.com

I just like to tell anyone who wants to buy asian dvds, I like to recommend DVD Asian.com

They have very good price and excellent S/H price also.
But best thing about this site was customer service.
When I ordered Korean DVDs for first time here, they send me an e-mail right way asking if I have R3 or Region free DVD player.
And they shipped my DVDs as soon as I gave them the answer.
I ordered Nov 18 and received on Nov 21 on their lowest S/H option.

WOW.

Thanks DVD Asian.com, you got my business from now on.
Old 11-22-02, 11:22 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Yes, they're good people.

My first order with them got lost in the mail, and they replaced it. I felt bad they had to replace such a large order, but they actually stayed in contact by phone and helped get it resolved.

Going to be throwing my Korean DVD business to them from now on.
Old 11-22-02, 11:48 AM

Same here. 2 orders so far & got prompt service/delivery both times.
Old 11-22-02, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just placed my first order late last night... Hope my order will be as quick and painless as everybody else's.

*UPDATE*

DVDASIAN just e-mailed me back after I responded to their R3 e-mail notification and said they were shipping my order out today and upgrading it FREE to Priority Mail!!!!!

Sweet, I think these guys have got a new customer.

Last edited by Heliosphann; 11-22-02 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-22-02, 02:57 PM

I've ordered three DVDs from them so far. Very good service.
Old 11-22-02, 11:14 PM

I've ordered all my korean dvd's from them, and they are EXCELLENT!! Usually get all my stuff within 2 or 3 days, and I was surprised how well they packed all my boxsets!! Definitely recommended!!
Old 11-23-02, 09:19 PM

I ordered from them multiple times and I love them. They'll get my R3 business.
Old 11-24-02, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the site, but you might want to edit your post to get the site name correct. I went to asian.com instead of dvdasian.com.

Asian.com is part of gator which is the biggest most obtrusive scam on the web. Selecting yes on their pop up window will give the user hours if not days of uninstall fun and games.

just post the URL: http://dvdasian.com/ and then there is no mistaking which site you mean.
Old 11-24-02, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never ordered from this site before, so I can't rate their customer service.. But as far as prices, www.dddhouse.com seems to have them beat pretty much all the time. I don't know how much difference the shipping is, but for the 2 orders I've placed with dddhouse, I've gotten a killer discount rate for placing a large order

Just my 2¢
Shagrath
Old 11-24-02, 03:57 PM

^ Those are mostly HK releases, which in many cases are sub-par to the official releases.
Old 11-24-02, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
^ The HK releases that www.dddhouse.com sells are official releases. That said, Korean DVDs tend to be of better quality, although HK distributors are catching up. The HK DVD of "My Beautiful Girl, Mari" is pretty much the equal to the Korean DVD, excepting for that the HK transfer is interlaced while the Korean is progressive.
Old 11-24-02, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts
Originally posted by Civic2oo1
^ Those are mostly HK releases, which in many cases are sub-par to the official releases.
Huh? That makes no sense whatsoever.

You can have an HK, a Korean, and an R2 release of an Asian film. Now what makes any of these releases any more/less "official" than the other ones? If you mean that the HK version is, most of the times, inferior to the other ones then I agree with you. But it will most likely be cheaper so your choice should depend on your interest in the film.

Last edited by eXcentris; 11-24-02 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-24-02, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by Jay G.
^ The HK releases that www.dddhouse.com sells are official releases. That said, Korean DVDs tend to be of better quality, although HK distributors are catching up. The HK DVD of "My Beautiful Girl, Mari" is pretty much the equal to the Korean DVD, excepting for that the HK transfer is interlaced while the Korean is progressive.
I've purchased a Korean movie dvd that was made by a Korean studio & also purchased Korean movie dvd made by a HK studios such as MeiAh & Universe (movies were Guns & talks & Attact the gas station). Since I never watched the same movie made by a Korean studio & HK studio I don't know if there are any differences in quality. Did anyone watch both versions of the same movie. Please post your comments. thanks
Old 11-24-02, 11:25 PM

DVD Asian is now my official favorite Korean DVD retailer. They have great prices, and since I'm in California, shipping is basically next day even on the slowest!

For HK releases, I still do the www.dddhouse.com thing.
Old 11-25-02, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jaycee
I've purchased a Korean movie dvd that was made by a Korean studio & also purchased Korean movie dvd made by a HK studios such as MeiAh & Universe (movies were Guns & talks & Attact the gas station). Since I never watched the same movie made by a Korean studio & HK studio I don't know if there are any differences in quality. Did anyone watch both versions of the same movie. Please post your comments. thanks

From what I've read, the GUNS AND TALKS HK version is very comparable to the Korean version (The Korean Vs has a 2nd disc full of extras, w/no eng subs of course). The Korean version of ATTACK THE GAS STATION is far superior to the HK edition. This is the case with most Korean DVD's compared to their HK counterparts. I've got several Korean releases which are in many cases better than a lot of major studio R1 releases...
Old 11-25-02, 01:58 AM

The reason why the HK GunsNTalks is of comparable quality is due the the DVD-9 disc used. Weird because Universe normally use DVD-5 disc and it even costs the same ... a real bargain of a disc ... shame about the movie though.
Old 11-25-02, 02:45 AM

Originally posted by cirrus888
The reason why the HK GunsNTalks is of comparable quality is due the the DVD-9 disc used. Weird because Universe normally use DVD-5 disc and it even costs the same ... a real bargain of a disc ... shame about the movie though.
It is common for Universe to use DVD-9 for their DTS discs and DVD-5 for non-DTS discs.
Old 11-25-02, 11:16 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Another vote for DVDAsian here. Like others, I think it is great they ask you confirm that R3 disc you ordered will be playable on your cdrom/dvdplayer when you first order. I also had an order split up and shipped to me due to some discs being out of stock. The out of stock discs shipped 2-3 days after the first half shipped out.

I've also dealt with Hivizone, Yes Asia, and Blue Laser in the past. Used to order exclusively overseas but that was when there were little or no retail places in the States. Now, I really see no reason to order from overseas just to save a little.