Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bird of Prey Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-02, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bird of Prey Cancelled

BOP has been cancelled by the WB. Too bad. I kinda liked the show.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...5&obj_id=36955

Ian
Old 11-19-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Oh well, guess we'll never see what Harley was up to. Here's hoping someone in syndication picks it up.
Old 11-19-02, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

bad thing here in NYC the wb channel shows all the syndicated shows(andromeda, mutant x and so on)
Old 11-19-02, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought that it would stick around for one season anyway, but I gave up on it a few weeks ago. It just simply wasn't that good, IMO.
Old 11-19-02, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the fact that it premiered to such high ratings, yet is now being cancelled is proof that it was a bad show.

It's not like it never found an audience: it had an audience but just couldn't keep it.
Old 11-19-02, 02:00 PM
Banned

Never liked this show. I think they made a big mistake trying to make the show more "X-Men" and less "Batman".
Old 11-19-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Allow me a quote from last week's episode thread...
Originally posted by Rogue588
Old 11-19-02, 02:41 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm not surprised, though the comic book geek in me kept waiting for it to get better...

So, when's the last episode?
Old 11-19-02, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
We will get to see at least tonight's episode and next week's episode. I don't know if we'll get any episode in the month of December.
Old 11-19-02, 02:59 PM
Banned

I wanted to like it and I needed a replacement for "Felicity" but this was just really horrible.
Put Farscape on in its place.
Old 11-19-02, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched the first couple episodes and I thought it was pretty horrible (this coming from a guy who watched every single episode of Dark Angel despite the fact that that show was pretty horrendous).

I couldn't bare to watch any more episodes of BoP.

Old 11-19-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

S U R P R I S E !
Old 11-19-02, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, first girlsclub, now this. What's it going to take to keep quality programming on the air?
Old 11-19-02, 04:27 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know why I like this show so much, but I'm really surprised at how much most people dislike it. Every episode has had it's bad moments, but it's been a hell of a lot better than Smallville has this season.

For me, this show was the biggest surprise of the season. I won't miss it too much, but I was sure looking forward to see what they were going to do with the characters.

My biggest concern is that it might make the networks less likely to make more shows based on comic properties. With their soap-opera style stories, comic book properties belong on TV much more than in the movies.
Old 11-19-02, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I was wrong. I honestly thought the teen viewership would keep the show floating, but well...oops.

Too bad canceled shows never get a proper send-off. Just once, I'd like to see a properly planned series finale. At least I doubt it will be a cliff hanger, like "Popular". The series finale ended with one of the main characters being run over, and no conclusion. Very fustrating for viewers who at least cared enough to tune in.
Old 11-19-02, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
BOP did last longer than Girl's Club. The moral: don't make shows that focus on young women who can't act and expect people to look at them in a serious manner.

What would it take to save this show at this point? Dina Myer back in the BatGirl suit in an episode where she spends half the time bent over?
Old 11-19-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Dina Myer back in the BatGirl suit in an episode where she spends half the time bent over?
Uhhhh...

SAVE BIRDS OF PREY!!!
Old 11-19-02, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
it lacked a lot of things, first off, Why not throw in more recoginized characters in it. if you want to make it a "jr" or "kids off ___ super hero" then do it with the villians or some what close to relation to those villians. how about someone with the same type of condition as two face?

teasing the public by having batman in the picture and then gone in a second doesn't help either.

all in all, It's no surprise that it was canned. I thought the idea alone was crappy. then not to have anyone in a real super hero outfit was lame. why does the kid of batman and catwomen not have a damn mask? it's pretty simple to see the connection. this isn't a damn clark kent/superman question, I mean hell atleast there is glasses and the whole "weak" image clark releases... oh and the curly hair.
Old 11-19-02, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
While I thought the show wasn't all that good it was beginning to grow on me.....sad to see it go.

It was always gave me something to watch on late Saturday nights when nothing was on but informercials. Not great, but somewhat enjoyable, I'll be sad to see it go.....but not that sad.
Old 11-19-02, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by clemente
It was always gave me something to watch on late Saturday nights when nothing was on but informercials. Not great, but somewhat enjoyable, I'll be sad to see it go.....but not that sad.
LOL, a fitting eulogy.
Old 11-20-02, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My wife and I watched it a few times, just could not get into the show.

If it was about Batman it would have had a built in viewership, but no one really cared about the characters.
Old 11-20-02, 02:29 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
it lacked a lot of things, first off, Why not throw in more recoginized characters in it. if you want to make it a "jr" or "kids off ___ super hero" then do it with the villians or some what close to relation to those villians. how about someone with the same type of condition as two face?

teasing the public by having batman in the picture and then gone in a second doesn't help either.

all in all, It's no surprise that it was canned. I thought the idea alone was crappy. then not to have anyone in a real super hero outfit was lame. why does the kid of batman and catwomen not have a damn mask? it's pretty simple to see the connection. this isn't a damn clark kent/superman question, I mean hell atleast there is glasses and the whole "weak" image clark releases... oh and the curly hair.
Smallville seems to have all these weaknesses too and yet isn't it the 2nd highest rated show on the WB. I hate to compare these shows too much, but Smallville has really disappointed me and BoP really surprised me and I can't understand why one has success and the other doesn't.
Old 11-20-02, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Smallville has the main character of what it boast. Superman.

We are not directly connected with the huntress. if you want compare the two, then Birds of pray would have to deal with Bruce wayne growing up and learning how to live on his own and become batman just like in smallville clark is dealing with learning his new powers slowly and dealing with society at the same time.

BoP disappointed me because it lacked the super hero in it, and it had a name brand hero on top billing and following them through the show. BoP has a sidekick as a main character (batgirl) and a virtual unknown super hero for the general public.
Old 11-20-02, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by nny
Smallville seems to have all these weaknesses too and yet isn't it the 2nd highest rated show on the WB. I hate to compare these shows too much, but Smallville has really disappointed me and BoP really surprised me and I can't understand why one has success and the other doesn't.
I think Smallville when you get right down to it is really a show about a boy in small town who happens to have superpowers. If you removed the powers element it probably still would be a good show. BOP on the otherhand was a show all about superheroes. Most of which were downright silly. The trite dialogue and corny plots didnt help much either.
Old 11-20-02, 07:16 PM

WB clips Birds of Prey Wings

I had my doubts that this series would go long after watching the pilot. After the pilot episode, the following episodes started to fall in the ratings and after all, it's all about ratings. Same thing happen with DARK ANGEL. Ashley Scott and Dina Meyer sure looked hot and that's probably the only thing that I'm going to miss from this show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.