Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New System of a Down?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New System of a Down?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-02, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
New System of a Down?

I heard a new song on the radio yesterday by System of a Down. The DJ said something about being released on November 26th. Anyone know if this is off a soundtrack or something?
Old 11-19-02, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Ok, I just checked Amazon. Crap, they've got a whole other disc coming out next week. This must've been all the extra stuff they recorded when recording Toxicity.
Old 11-19-02, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's B-sides and other stuff they've recorded during Toxicity and earlier sessions.
Old 11-19-02, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The name of the album is "Steal This Album" and the album cover is a picture of a blank CD with System Of A Down and the title written in permanent maker. Pretty funny stuff.

I got it off the internet last week (not that I promote illegal downloading of music, but I just took advice from the ablum name) and it sounds pretty good. Listened to it a few times through. There are definitely some stand out songs, but it's a good album overall.

Last edited by adumbc; 11-19-02 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-19-02, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
just saw the cover. I wonder what the disc art looks like? Hopefully it'll look like a CD-R
Old 11-19-02, 03:45 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This CD is not really "new material". These are songs that were left over from Toxicity that they didnt really want to release. But since these "uncompleted" songs were being spread over the internet without their permission, they decided to go back and complete them and make them up to their standards...hence the title of the CD "Steal This Album"