Reload this Page >

Buffy 11/19/02 "Sleeper"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy 11/19/02 "Sleeper"

Old 11-19-02, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buffy 11/19/02 "Sleeper"

I thought that this was a pretty good episode. It seemed to be a bit slow moving at parts, but if that ending doesn't bring you back next week, I don't know what will!

For those that want to be spoiled:

Spoiler:
Giles is back! He arrives at the end, only to be apparently beheaded! (I am sure that he won't be, but that is how the show ended).
Old 11-19-02, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
On an unrelated note, any sites where I can find affiliate listings? Next week I'll be home for Thanksgiving and would like to know how to catch it if it truly is a doozy of a cliffhanger.

Are you sure it will air all new next week? Typically networks pull out re-runs for Holiday weeks.
Old 11-19-02, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like it will be. From the schedule that I was looking at (the Canadian one), "Never Leave Me", the next episode, is airing on November 26. Although it could be changed at the last minute, ala Alias of two weeks ago.
Old 11-19-02, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ah. good. more epies this year. not that like dedgum angel. no new ones until the new year.

crankky.
Old 11-19-02, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After "Never Leave Me", however, there are no more dates set for the new Buffys. Chances are, it is going to be a while with reruns during the holiday season.
Old 11-19-02, 11:19 AM
Cool New Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be new episodes until the end of November, its suppose to be sweeps aint it? Anyways, I usually use www.zap2it.com for cable listings, just enter your area code and voila.
Old 11-19-02, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
NO F'N WAY.

Spoiler:
I know ASH is doing more eps...but HOLY SH*T
Old 11-19-02, 08:06 PM

Is anyone from Phoenix here? When will UPN is gonna air this episode? I checked the listing for the entire week, but I don't see it
Old 11-19-02, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Well, that was one hell of an episode!

Spoiler:
So Spike is going to go looney next week. Hope I can actually catch the ep. as it looks like it will either end with a major revelation or Spike getting the stake treatment.

In terms of the Big Bad, all we really know at this point is that it can appear selectively to others and several places at once. Wish they would give us more!!!! Guess we'll have to wait until after Christmas though .

On a slightly different note, anyone else catch that little comment from Aimee Mann? Was that a joke or might she have some part yet to play??? (I am sure it was a joke, but her coming in later would be cool.)
Old 11-19-02, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Very good episode I thought...what a cliffhanger too!
Old 11-19-02, 09:31 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Very good episode. The Anya/Spike scene in the bedroom was hilarious. "It's because I'm fat isn't it" That was great.

Should be interesting to see what the future holds for Giles.
Old 11-19-02, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts
"Soulless Spike would have had me upside down and halfway to Happy Land by now."

Solid episode. I am really enjoying this season, far better than "Angel." I really like where all the characters are, and they seem to be doing logical things for the most part. And the "Big Bad" is VERY intriguing and original...they haven't really done the "evil imposter" thing like this before. Can't wait for next week.
Old 11-19-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What did Aimee Mann say? I couldn't quite make it out.
Old 11-19-02, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by movieking
"I hate playing vampire towns."
Old 11-19-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, holy crap. So far this season is going very well and if it keeps going strong and ends with a bang then I think it could definitely compete with seasons 2, 3, or 5.
Old 11-19-02, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh...

..my...

....GOD

I know there must have been a universal "What the f***" the world over when...
Spoiler:
"Buffy" told Spike to bite that girl
This season is turning out to be one of the best . Cant wait to see what happens next week .
Old 11-20-02, 01:00 AM
Banned

Great show. Glad we are finally getting to the bottom of things and everyone is figuring things out the smart way and they arent drawing things out.
This Big Bad is going to be good and I read today on E! Entertainment that the Big Bad on Angel and Buffy are the same.

So what does the Big Bad have to do with the cloaked guys and the killing of the Slayers?

Loved the scene with Spike and Anya too.
Old 11-20-02, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by cooper2000
Great show. Glad we are finally getting to the bottom of things and everyone is figuring things out the smart way and they arent drawing things out.
You mean you don't like the Kim Bauer way of figuring things out?
Originally posted by cooper2000
This Big Bad is going to be good and I read today on E! Entertainment that the Big Bad on Angel and Buffy are the same. So what does the Big Bad have to do with the cloaked guys and the killing of the Slayers?
I read the same thing. So I guess that means I gotta start watching Angel dammit. [Well, I was going to anyway once Faith came back...]

Let me ask this...does anyone think Giles really was decapitated? If so, that means that the Big Bad will head back to Sunnydale as Evil Giles. Right?
Old 11-20-02, 01:37 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Decent episode - not anywhere as good as last week, but it kept the story going. And we see the hooded killers for the first time in a while.

I for one am glad there isn't a morph-demon running around - that would really make things confusing. I guess that Spike has been repressing his memories because his soul can't handle it. But that still doesn't explain how he seems to do it without the chip kicking in. I mean, it does look like the chip is still working, right? Like in the scene when he punches Xander...

As for the Angel/Buffy thing
Spoiler:
I don't buy it - the Big Bad on Buffy has been established as being intangible. While the demon on Angel was definately physical. Unless that demon isn't the big villain for Angel this year. In which case, the timing is really off.
Old 11-20-02, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
"I hate playing vampire towns."
Old 11-20-02, 03:00 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by MrN

As for the Angel/Buffy thing
Spoiler:
I don't buy it - the Big Bad on Buffy has been established as being intangible. While the demon on Angel was definately physical. Unless that demon isn't the big villain for Angel this year. In which case, the timing is really off.
I agree. The source of that rumor is Wanda over at eonline, and she's not known for her great accuracy with spoilers. This time of the year during season 5 she said the season finale was going to be a huge crossover with the whole cast of Angel and Faith coming back to help fight Glory.
Old 11-20-02, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OMG! Last night I came home and watched the latest episode of Buffy, and those last 2 seconds (before the end credits) just sent chills up and down my spine. I sat on my couch, paralyzed through the rest of the end credits before I could function again. Whoa!

Loved Aimee Mann's singing, and her parting comment too.

Anya eliciting no response from Mr. Happy could not have done her ego any good. But it was good thinking on her knees at the moment.

Dawn did keep what "mom" said to her about Buffy not choosing her (Dawn) in the end to herself when she and Willow were comparing notes. I wonder why Willow did not tell Dawn that the BB used "Cassie" to try and get at her(Willow).
Old 11-20-02, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Another excellent one.....

I'm sure that final scene won't end the way it appears to, but that was simply awesome....
Old 11-20-02, 08:19 AM
razorbackfan

Didn't care for this one. The awful singer and band ala Aly McBeal? Spike doing his brooding James Dean impression? Yawn. The only good part of this boring episode was the final two seconds.
Old 11-20-02, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by razorbackfan
The awful singer

imo, Aimee Mann is mucho cool...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.