Reload this Page >

CSI Miami - 11/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI Miami - 11/18

Old 11-18-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CSI Miami - 11/18

Wow, those are some high-tech ATM machine surveilance cameras they have in Miami! Able to get a photo-quality blowup of the reflection in someones sunglasses!

I also didn't know those 2 guys had PhD's in sand. Glance at a few grains of sand in a microscope for 3 seconds and able to definitively state its exact composition and origin. Those guys are good!

At least the original show keeps their plots at least somewhat realistic.
Old 11-18-02, 10:20 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
A bit surprised that this episode aired now (considering all the recent real-life sniper incidents from weeks past). Anyway, I'm glad it did and I thought it was a good one.

One thing I don't understand is why every episode ends with a pointless shot of Caruso's character. Tonight's episode showed him walking down the street in slow motion doing nothing but putting on his pair of sunglasses....WTF?
Old 11-18-02, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing I don't understand is why every episode ends with a pointless shot of Caruso's character. Tonight's episode showed him walking down the street in slow motion doing nothing but putting on his pair of sunglasses....WTF?
He smiled too...i think it was supposed to show his satisfaction with catching the baddy.

Was this episode written before or after the real sniper shootings?
Old 11-18-02, 11:09 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally posted by Mourn
Was this episode written before or after the real sniper shootings?
It had to have been written before. I remember reading that this was to air earlier in the season, but got pushed back because of the real-life incidents that occured.
Old 11-18-02, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: CSI Miami - 11/18

Originally posted by Jeraden
Wow, those are some high-tech ATM machine surveilance cameras they have in Miami! Able to get a photo-quality blowup of the reflection in someones sunglasses!

Ya the same thing occured to me.
My wife asked me, "Can they really do that?"

I said I didn't think so. It depends on the original you are working with.
I can't imagine getting clear quality digital enlargements from a poor source.

However, the blond...forgot her name...OMG!! She looks hotter every week!!
Old 11-19-02, 12:02 AM

It had to have been written before. I remember reading that this was to air earlier in the season, but got pushed back because of the real-life incidents that occured.
Thats what i hoped.

As far as the ATM thing goes, from what i understand, every single instance of difiital enlargement of pictures/videos in movies and tvs is totally unrealistic. Actually, some of the technology used in the original CSI is also way out of the realm of possibility
Old 11-19-02, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: CSI Miami - 11/18

Originally posted by Phil L.
Ya the same thing occured to me.
My wife asked me, "Can they really do that?"

I said I didn't think so. It depends on the original you are working with.
I can't imagine getting clear quality digital enlargements from a poor source.

However, the blond...forgot her name...OMG!! She looks hotter every week!!
Emily Procter. Yup, I like her - chubby arms and all. Finally a non- anorexic beauty on TV.

Last edited by hahn; 11-19-02 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-19-02, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

tonite ep was written back in September before the MD sniper shooting.

the last five minute when the sniper had his riffle poiting to Horatio head, they should play the eminem song "loose your selfselve" you got only one shot.

less Megan in tonite ep.
Old 11-19-02, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
They ran 'sniper viewer discretion advisory' crawls out of commercial breaks on our DC CBS affiliate.

Lot of quality time for Emily Proctor.
Old 11-19-02, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
Lot of quality time for Emily Proctor.
The way it should be! I can't wait for Kim Delaney's tour of duty to be up by December on this show.
Old 11-19-02, 10:31 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
I thought the last Megan is next week the 25th, and just as she decides to straighten out the hair.
Old 11-20-02, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I thought the last Megan is next week the 25th, and just as she decides to straighten out the hair.

I thought the same thing - she got rid of that awful hairdo just when she is exiting.

I really wish that ABC had not cancelled Philly. She was really good in that and I loved seeing her running around the courthouse in those skirts.
Old 11-20-02, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts
Really embarrassing here. I fell asleep after a half hour (hey, my daughter is waking up at 5:00 every morning, it's hard to stay up to 11:00 anymore ). Could someone please do a capsule summary of the episode, I was dying to find out what happened.
Thanks!

BTW That David Caruso line "When a person is in your sights, you become God, you decide who lives and who dies" -- spooky as hell. I was surpised there wasn't a warning nationally before it aired.
Old 11-20-02, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
good ep
scary/odd that they filmed this before the real sniper attacks
Old 11-21-02, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
I thought it was an excellent show up to the standards of some of the best original CSI (that I have seen thus far). Very suspenseful and very graphic. Man I really hope that noone that lost anyone was watching that show. It was really 'in the sniper's mind' kind of thing.

As far as realism its not like the original CSI was realistic. Both shows really have it over the top as far as technology. What was up with that 51" plasma TV? I'm sure the real Miami ATF would love to have one of those!
Old 11-21-02, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hard to believe a program could showcase more silly and unrealistic evidence analysis than the original (not to mention lamer puns), but it's certainly being done with CSI: Miami.

The "H" walking down the street scene was a new level of stupid for this show. I'm surprised they didn't have him pick up some stray child and hand her to a frantic mother and then walk off into the sunset.

das
Old 11-21-02, 02:05 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

And they have the super nice nakamichi soundspace 12 in the lab, cool place to work, or at least for the show's designers...

Das is totally in love with H, and is afraid to tell us all. The character is Grisson Squared I think. Another righteous day in the hood..

I do dislike how they have guns and perform the regular police work. It's kind of like he is a supercop. And someone with his skills should be chief of police not a lowly CSI.
Old 11-21-02, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If pretending to be in love with him gets me closer to Delaney or Procter, sign me up!

das
Old 11-21-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Geofferson

In this particular episode, I thought that final shot of him walking down the street was symbolic of the fact that it was "safe to walk the streets again", though he's just another face to those around him who don't know what crucial role he played.
Old 11-22-02, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey
The "H" walking down the street scene was a new level of stupid for this show. I'm surprised they didn't have him pick up some stray child and hand her to a frantic mother and then walk off into the sunset.

das

I thought it was a pretty decent episode, other than a few hokey 1 liners from H.

I swear though, I hate that damn filter they use on the outside shots. I would like the show a helluva lot more if they used a regular damn_filter. I feel like I'm watching the show through a pumpkin.

Can someone tell me who owns that hummer? Is that property of CSI? How the hell did they get that?
Old 11-22-02, 01:05 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

There are several of the hummers seems like miami dade police have more money than the vegas CSI's who only get suburbans
Old 11-22-02, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
There are several of the hummers seems like miami dade police have more money than the vegas CSI's who only get suburbans

Old 11-23-02, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode was better than most of the Miami shows. Less Kim Delaney, more Emily Proctor was a good thing. Although I shudder to think how much money CBS probably shelled out to Delaney for this episode in which she had what? two lines?

And Horatio-- you really know you don't like a lead character of a show, when you're actually rooting for the bad guy to take him out.

The hokiest part of the episode had to be the sniper asking H. at the end: "Don't you want to know why?" Lame, lame, lame. It would have been far more chilling if he would have made a comment to H. that revealed to him he had him in his sights. Like if he had said "Your forehead looks a lot smaller in person". That would have been a lot better. Because Horatio had no idea how close he was to getting sniped.
Old 11-23-02, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way: anyone know what song they were playing about 36 minutes into the episode? Cool, instrumental track during a montage scene.