Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

My first club experience!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 11-17-02, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to The Black Cat in DC last night with a bunch of kids from school and I had a BLAST at Mousetrap. For those that don't know, its dubbed, "80s Brit-Pop Dance Night," but they play a lot of different stuff. They had music by The Cure, The Smiths, The Strokes, Belle and Sebastian, Elastica, The Shins, and even The Beatles! (Well, they played "Here Comes the Sun" but it started skipping and then just stopped it in the middle of the song because time ran out.)

Anyway, highlights of the dance for me...
"The Boy With the Arab Strap" by Belle and Sebastian sent me reeling away on the dance floor. I love that damn song.

"Someday" by The Strokes. One of my nicknames on campus is "the Strokes kid" because (apparently??) I look like I should be in the band. So, it seemed appropriate that I should rock out.

"Hate to Say I Told You So" by The Hives. A song that basically everyone knows and gets everyone worked up to dance and sing. It was really good for the mood, especially because it came early on.

"Just Like a Dream" by The Cure. This fits well with the previous post about getting "girls animated." The entire dance floor was going insane and everyone was singing. I think that was probably the HIGHLIGHT of the show.

Has anyone in the DC area ever been to Mousetrap, and how was your first clubbing experience?
Old 11-19-02, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fallow - The Cure's song is called "Just Like Heaven". You can find it on their "Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me", "Galore" and "Greatest Hits" cd's.