oh my GOD this is just too much
RE4's enviroment is rendered in real time like the ones
in Devil may Cry and it could easily be mistaken for the
prerendered CG ones in RE/RE0

amazing, too bad no official release date
200X, damn capcom
Old 11-15-02, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice if we could have a Link.

not to just IGN, but to the actual clip.
Old 11-15-02, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://insider.ign.com/download/vide...biohazard4.mov

it's an insider link so I don't know if it it'll work
Old 11-15-02, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.shnetwork.net/videos/biohazard4.mov

That's the link from Survival Horror Network.
Old 11-15-02, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh my.
Old 11-15-02, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woah! I think I just biohazarded in my pants!
Old 11-15-02, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for posting those links guys but when i click on them they're both dead .

edit: nevermind, IGN told'em to take it down. Here's the post, turns out it was an insider movie .

"Well, looks like the guys over at Ign.com decided to send us an e-mail about the Resident Evil 4 footage we had hosted on our website. Turns out we have to remove it or get sued for large sums of money."

They did state that on the Capcom site they will be hosting an official video soon, in the meantime i'll have to do some "searching"

Last edited by Outlaw; 11-15-02 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-15-02, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the video myself, but I must converse with my friends on whether to put it on our website/forum or not. Leaning towards not...
Old 11-15-02, 09:44 PM

Unbelievable!!!!! Just watched it

KingSmoth, since the video is was made by and is part of the insider subscription service, technically ign has the right to ask you to take it down or be sued (I think), i really dont' know how it works, if they never know about your site then perhaps you could get away with it until the official capcom one comes out
Old 11-15-02, 09:47 PM
zig

The resident evil 4 trailer will be released on the Capcom site November 22nd. Along with the trailers for the 4 other games announced.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gamecube/english.html
Old 11-15-02, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guarantee you IGN does not know about my site. Nobody does, because we just started the site a few weeks ago, and haven't advertised it anywhere, because it's still under construction. We get no traffic except from a few friends we told about it, who post on the forum occasionally.
Anyway, we're uploading it right now. If IGN does find out and does tell us to take it down, we will. But I think it's crap that people have to sit around for a week before it will even show up on Capcom's frickin site.
Old 11-15-02, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts
11/15/02 News - Our Apologies
Well, looks like the guys over at Ign.com decided to send us an e-mail about the Resident Evil 4 footage we had hosted on our website. Turns out we have to remove it or get sued for large sums of money. More details> MORE
Old 11-19-02, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is this a mistake? The following article on gamespot says that RE4 will be on PS2...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/res_evil/

By Justin Speer and Cliff O'Neill
Designed by Collin Oguro

Capcom has long been established as a premier developer. Legendary titles such as Ghosts 'N Goblins and 1942 and long-running series such as Mega Man and Street Fighter are only a few of the developer's many accomplishments.
One of the biggest events on a timeline showing the history of the developing powerhouse took place sometime in 1996, when Capcom director Shinji Mikami released the original Resident Evil and went on to become a household name to many gamers, along with the game he created. This ambitious new series (which was actually first conceived as a first-person shooter) was possible thanks to the technological advent of the PlayStation. While few games ever create an entirely new genre, the Resident Evil series put a label on a kind of gameplay called survival-horror and has been a tremendous success for the company in every way imaginable. Perhaps one of the easiest ways to put the importance of the RE series for Capcom in context is to note the addition of Resident Evil heroine Jill Valentine to Capcom's Marvel vs. Capcom 2, taking her place alongside Capcom's greatest gaming legends. There have also been Resident Evil comic books, action figures, a bizarre horror-comedy play, and even a live RE mansion attraction. With the release of Code: Veronica for the Dreamcast and the development of Resident Evil 0 for the GameCube and Resident Evil 4 for the PlayStation 2 , it looks as if gamers could be happily blasting zombies and mixing herbs for the next few decades.

In the History of Resident Evil we will look at the evolution of the series. We'll try to get a clearer idea of the twisted and convoluted plotline that has spanned numerous games and systems, and we'll take a look at the characters and what roles they have played in the ongoing story. Welcome to the world of survival-horror.

Special thanks to Matt Atwood at Capcom PR, Ike Sato, Rob McGregor, Ben Stahl, and anyone else who has helped in the making of this feature.
Old 11-19-02, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That has to be a mistake. BH 4 will be GameCube Exclusive. Perhaps they somehow got it confused with Resident Evil Online, which will be PS2 Exclusive?

Anyway, read this link, it has a lot of details about BH 4.
Old 11-19-02, 02:16 PM

That feature article from Gamespot is pretty old, it was when Capcom first announced that RE will be exclusive to the Gamecube. if you read in further in the article, the only screens they show for Resident Evil Ř are actually the N64 version ones, and it also says this tidbit in the REŘ article:

Originally headed to the Nintendo 64, Resident Evil 0 is now being released exclusively for the GameCube, in addition to an enhanced remake of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 4. Capcom will also release ports of Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil Code: Veronica for Nintendo's new hardware.
They probably have never edited the front page of the feature. There's a lot of neat backstory in that feature though, it brings back memories

Last edited by Outlaw; 11-19-02 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-19-02, 04:50 PM

sorry about that, didn't see the link in your article (I need more sleep), I was talking about the gamespot article sniper308 cited.

That interview in your link has a lot of good info in it, can't wait!

I edited the original post to make it more clear.
Old 11-19-02, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's cool. I re-read my post, and I seemed to come off a bit strong - sorry about that, I didn't intend to.
RE 4 can't come soon enough!
Old 11-20-02, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I honestly have nothing to say but,...DAMN THIS IS F****** COOL!!!