Reload this Page >

vh1 behind the music sunday

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-14-02, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

behind the music will air a show on matchbox twenty on sunday at 10pm.

can't wait!
Old 11-14-02, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anything really happen to matchbox twenty? I think the only significant that occured was when the "20" became "twenty". Oooh.

Nothing against them, though. I'd just be happy if they updated some of the older episodes...and not air the same one 50 times a week.
Old 11-15-02, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

they were once tabitha's secret, got discovered, and then 2 of them left and took some of rob's songs with them to become matchbox twenty. i think rob was homeless for a while, became really heavy from partying and drugs, etc. they're very good songwriters; actual talent is hard to find these days!

btw, i dont think behind the music is focusing on washed-up talent as much anymore. lately they've just been doing a lot on bands/people who have cds coming out. they've done them on lenny kravitz, madonna, melissa etheridge, no doubt, p. ditty, ricky martin, creed, alanis, etc.
Old 11-15-02, 04:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When will they re-air the Genesis Behind the Music. I've seen some of the same one 10 times but I've never seen the Genesis one.
Old 11-15-02, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mostly BTM has become a marketing tool for bands that have tours or CD's coming out.

it used to be a good show..now...
Old 11-15-02, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about doing a BTM that some really cares about.Like BTM of bands and people like Nirvana,2pac,and have they done Pearl Jam yet.Anyways theres alot of better bands outhere than Matchbox twenty.No offense.
Old 11-15-02, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i don't think nirvana or pearl jam have consented. i think they have to get that before they can cover some of the worthwhile stuff. i think, don't quote me on it.
Old 11-16-02, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by hgar78
i don't think nirvana or pearl jam have consented. i think they have to get that before they can cover some of the worthwhile stuff. i think, don't quote me on it.
Yeah, it really isn't a "Behind the Music" without the personal interviews.

They also had a failed spin-off, a thirty minute version on newer artists, called "Behind the Music 2". They didn't even bother to keep the same narrator. I haven't seen a new episode, so I assumed it failed.
Old 11-16-02, 10:45 AM

I love how they keep showing the Ozzy Ozbourne one like 10 times per week and the thing is like 5 years out of date. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less since VH1 is now run by the wizards at MTV Networks. Plus they have literally 150 different episodes and they show maybe the same 15 or 20 over and over and over and over...