Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor 11/14/02 (with possible spoilers)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

11/14/02 episode:

Spoiler:
The Merge is ON!
Old 11-14-02, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:

Brian won the reward challenge - a video from home, and his wife sort of screwed him over by showing their grand piano, and 2 brand new cars. Doh!

Ted wandered off in the boat for some me-time since he was tired of listening to Helen's recipes.

Clay smoked Ken in the immunity finals to win immunity.

Old 11-14-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Uh oh, the person booted out is:

Spoiler:
Ken because he's the strongest threat. The vote was strictly along past tribal lines 5-3.
Old 11-14-02, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm bored already....i might as well skip the next two, maybe the rest of the season.
Old 11-14-02, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"Win the million bucks so we can go to Fiji!" That has got to stick in the players' minds. Sheesh.

How about Brian's wife? MILF!
Old 11-14-02, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by Mourn
I'm bored already....i might as well skip the next two, maybe the rest of the season.
I assume you're suggesting that the next two votes will be along tribal lines. I don't think they will. I think Ted will be next. They're smart enough to vote out the strongest members, I think.
Old 11-14-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, unless Penny or Jake come up with immunity in the next couple of immunity challenges, they are toast. Jake going next week (provided he doesn't win immunity). Ted's going be on the warpath to find out why he got singled out over Brian or Clay. That may or may not land Clay in hot water with the Brian/Ted tandem.

If I had to listen to Helen go on incessantly about recipes, I'd need plenty of me-time as well. IS Helen trying to get a gig as Survivor Recipe momma after the show (a la Keith Famie)?
Old 11-14-02, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is anybody kind of bored? I usually catch the last thirty minutes of the show, since I watch "Friends", but I'm not terribly interested anymore. All I need to do is check online the day after to see who's voted out, and I don't even need to bother with watching the rest.

Oh well, it may be just me.
Old 11-14-02, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tribal line is strong. Looks like Jake and Penny are next two to get the boot.
Old 11-14-02, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I still can't believe how dominantly Clay smoked Ken in the immunity challenge.
Old 11-14-02, 11:16 PM

I assume you're suggesting that the next two votes will be along tribal lines. I don't think they will. I think Ted will be next. They're smart enough to vote out the strongest members, I think.
I doubt it...i bought into that last season, they kept hinting that the tribal lines would break down every week, but it never happened.

That's not the only reason why i'm bored tho...for some reason this cast is less interesting now. I guess that since they eliminate the annoying/disruptive tribe members early, all the conflict goes with them
Old 11-15-02, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
I still can't believe how dominantly Clay smoked Ken in the immunity challenge.
Could Ken have looked at Clay's legend? Basically I'm asking if they were the same, because the blue one was much harder to read with those dark letters than the yellow. I wasn't paying close attention though. But if the legends were different, I think Ken got screwed because I sure couldn't read them.
Old 11-15-02, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by madcougar
Could Ken have looked at Clay's legend? Basically I'm asking if they were the same, because the blue one was much harder to read with those dark letters than the yellow. I wasn't paying close attention though. But if the legends were different, I think Ken got screwed because I sure couldn't read them.
I've had a totally different impression of Clay after he completely wiped out Ken. Ken is a cop, and one is suppose to have some intelligence to be a copy, right? Seeing him getting creamed by Clay who I thought is a bumpkin, I'm starting to think Clay might be much smarter than he let on. Maybe Clay will go all the way and win that money.
Old 11-15-02, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I also thought the vote was along tribal lines, but I think it was Bryan that said in the next week's preview that Ted would know sooner or later why they "instigated" those votes against him.

And man, did Bryan get screwed over by his wife. He was playing the game very well and she turned everybody against him.

I have a feeling Clay goes next (even though he's my favorite).
Old 11-15-02, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

55 minutes of boredom
7 seconds of Jugs

das
Old 11-15-02, 07:08 AM

How stupid is Ken. That was the easiest challenge, all the information was there for them. He looked like he didn't understand what N S E W was. The funniest thing was Jeff saying "Ken, wrong again!"
Old 11-15-02, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JuryDuty
Either way I'm pretty sure the next three votes will be for Jake, Penny and Ted. I don't know which order they'l go in but I can't see it happening any other way.

It sucks that they've all turned on Brian a little now. I didn't really like him but if they figure he doesn't really need the money he'll probably be the next to go after Ted, Jake and Penny. After Brian's gone Clay will be out - there's already been talk from day one that he supposedly doesn't really need the money. At that point the final two are down to the swim instructor who can't stop spouting recipes and Jan the obnoxious, ancient lush (I know she's not that old but I've seen mummified bodies that look younger). A final show with just those two should be loads of fun .
Old 11-15-02, 08:36 AM

--Jake is gone next. He's still pretty spry and is a bigger threat than Penny.

--All Ted has to do to screw things up for himself next week is to start asking, "why me?" Not that he'll make it to the final 3, but he could be booted out sooner if he gets annoying. Not to mention mulitple votes for Ted now may hurt him if there are tie-breakers.

--Writing was on the wall for Ken. I love Clay's attitude about Jake trying to control Ted's fate. Loyalty to Clay will get Ted and Brian farther than Jan and Helen.

--NO ONE WILL BE SEATED DURING THE ASSEMBLY-OF-THE-PYRAMID-OF-BALLS SEQUENCE!!

--Keep this in mind; every week, every episode, every tribal council, Jan is getting closer and closer to that one million dollars. At which point she will no doubt cry.
Old 11-15-02, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Boot
How about Brian's wife? MILF!

She's one of those Skinamax actresses, which makes sense since Brian was one of thse Skinamax actors.

Jugs 2 was looking fine!

The key is can they swing people to vote against Brian in the next episode?
Old 11-15-02, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yup...EW had reviews of a couple of Brian's movies, and it mentioned that his wife is a former XXX star as well. In one movie, they co-star I believe. Isn't that special?
Old 11-15-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if Jan will bury the $1 million check if she wins?

Last edited by Patman; 11-15-02 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-15-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
This is the first survivor I've ever watched... so how does this jury thing work? Why do they have to be in tribal council? I'm assuming that in the end it comes down to the jury, which means that you shouldn't really tick people off?

Man, Jan was so lucky that her tribe had that string of immunity wins before the merge...

Brian was my favorite, but after that video, the tide's turning against him. I like how Ted tried to save himself at the end by mentioning why he went off by himself, and getting the sympathy factor for his baby. Man, it'd be really hard for me to leave my newborn in the hospital to be on an island for a month. Not to mention the backlash he'll get when his wife sees the first couple of episodes with Ghandia...

Clay is really crafty. But I'm pretty sure he's the loner. Brian and Ted are together, I assume Jan and Helen are togther, and Jake and Penny are together. So he's gotta play the sides against each other. Of course, his comments on the side are still hilarious.
Old 11-15-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth fujishig •<HR SIZE=1>This is the first survivor I've ever watched... so how does this jury thing work? Why do they have to be in tribal council? I'm assuming that in the end it comes down to the jury, which means that you shouldn't really tick people off?<HR SIZE=1>

The last 7 people voted off "the island" vote for the final 2 contestants to see who wins the money. Assuming things work similar to previous seasons, the final two contestants will present their case to the jury, and each jury member will have a chance to ask a question or make a statement before everyone votes.

das
Old 11-15-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have enjoyed this version, but when they went to tribal council, I fastforwarded it. I just didn't care enough to hear what they all had to say, since it is basically the same thing week after week, season after season. Glad to see Ken get the boot though. It really did make him seem like an idiot when the "bumpkin" smoked his ass during the immunity challenge.
Old 11-16-02, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah, this is a real dud. Though it is nothing more than an empty pleasure idiotic time waster show, the personalities and dynamics are tired and I see no reaosn to watch it anymore... I shot in the dark predicted (I think in the second or third episode thread) that Penny would win. Chances are slim, but I'm hoping for some kind of female revolt or something and for Penny to get sided next to Brian or Helen and win.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.