Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Epi 3 ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epi 3 ideas...

From what I've noticed most in AOTC, I think Obi Won and Padme will have an affair that will drive Anakin to the darkside. I get this prediction from the scene in which Obi Won tells Anakin that he thinks the queen was very pleased to see them. There was just something about the way he delivered it, that made it seem like he had an interest in her. Also, to rake in box office one last time Episode 3 will be called "Star Wars Episode 3: Jar Jar Dies In The First Five Minutes... Don't Worry"
Old 11-14-02, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Epi 3 ideas...

Originally posted by embrypotzebra
From what I've noticed most in AOTC, I think Obi Won and Padme will have an affair that will drive Anakin to the darkside. I get this prediction from the scene in which Obi Won tells Anakin that he thinks the queen was very pleased to see them. There was just something about the way he delivered it, that made it seem like he had an interest in her. Also, to rake in box office one last time Episode 3 will be called "Star Wars Episode 3: Jar Jar Dies In The First Five Minutes... Don't Worry"
The point of this post is what exactly?
Old 11-14-02, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh come now, don't be mean. It's expected that with the release of LOTR's and Ep II that there would be a flux of threads about the subject.. look at the main forum. Maybe dvdtalk should open the doors to the star wars forum again to release this stress that some have built up?

In any case, Doubtful that obi wan and Padme will have an affair. thats not to say that it might seem to anakin that they are. or that a certain other party will make it seem that way to turn anakin. Obi wan is to dedicated to the jedi order to actually fall in love and so forth. Not to mention it will change the way we view Padme as a cheating $#@$.
Old 11-14-02, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Oh come now, don't be mean. It's expected that with the release of LOTR's and Ep II that there would be a flux of threads about the subject.. look at the main forum. Maybe dvdtalk should open the doors to the star wars forum again to release this stress that some have built up?

In any case, Doubtful that obi wan and Padme will have an affair. thats not to say that it might seem to anakin that they are. or that a certain other party will make it seem that way to turn anakin. Obi wan is to dedicated to the jedi order to actually fall in love and so forth. Not to mention it will change the way we view Padme as a cheating $#@$.
Ah your right Jack..sorry embryo. I guess it would be easier if the mods opened the SW forum again. And about Padme doing Obi-Wan. This is a loooooooong time rumor that Obi-Wan was Lukes father. If I recall this poop of a rumor Palpatine shows Anakin (through the use of a holocron) Padme ( in this case of the rumor..the queen because this rumor was started before Episode I was even made.) Cheating on him. Are we confused yet?
Old 11-14-02, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, as long as we're speculating here, I think I have it figured out...

The Jedi's find out about Anakin's and Padme's marriage. They tell him he must choose: his marriage or the Jedi order. He can't be committed to both. He chooses the marriage (but this may cause some resentment towards Padme since he gave up so much for her.)

Palpatine (since he sees so much potential in Anakin) offers him a position as his personal bodyguard. Since we already know that Anakin has respect for Papatine, he readily accepts.

Then as the lines become drawn more clearly, the Jedi begin to realize Palpatine's ambitions and his inclination to the dark side. Obi-Wan tries to convince Anakin about Palpatine's dark side, but he won't hear it. Palpatine was the only one who believed in him when he was rejected by the Jedi. A fight ensues, and Anakin's journey to the dark side it complete.

After Obi-Wan defeats Anakin and disfigures him, Anakin swears revenge against all the Jedi and aides Palpatine in their destruction.

Leading us to Episode IV..

At least that is my theory.
Old 11-14-02, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

2.5 Years..
Old 11-14-02, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Kinda random (and complete conjecture), but here we go:

Episode III will start with Anakin kicked out of the order for his lovey-doveyness, and will disappear. Padme will have quit the senate in disgust over the military powers thing and will start working with the separtists, along with the equally disillusioned Bail Organa of Alderaan. Obi Wan will be chasing down both the vanished Anakin and the rogue Dooku, who is playing both sides of the fence. But beore that can lead to his downfall, Anakin will ice him. Somewhere in this there will be a last meeting between the two, which will be when the twins are covceived. Obi Wan and Anakin will have a major battle, and Anakin will be almost destroyed. He'll show up in the third act as Vader and finish of Windu and the Jedi Council.
Old 11-14-02, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who can resist Natalie Portman? I know I can't, and I am better than any Jedi.

So here is the plot (you listening Lucas??)

Obi thought he saw Padme winking at him. Obi uses the Jedi mindtrick to get her to bed. Padme liked it, REALLY liked it. Padme propose to Ani about a 3 some (she always dream of having 2 light sabres in bed). Ani got angry, ani got jealous, ani try to kill that *#$&(!&!@*# Obi.

Obi, having released his sexual frustration, become a more powerful jedi and whooped Ani's butt. Padme can't decide which one she rather have, so she went for Yoda DA MAN (especially after that awe-inspiring commercial). Yoda couldn't resist Natalie, oops I mean Padme either. But the Jedi council found out about Yoda's "scandal", he was impeached, got sent to some swamp.

Ani, after being humiliated by Obi, decide to go for an alternative lifestyle. At the galaxy-famous gay bar, the Blue Oyster Club, he met up with Dooku and Palpatine and joined the club.

Movie ends with Freudian lecture on how the whole galaxy is a repressed society that needs to channel its sexual energy into a more positive environment.
Old 11-14-02, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by Lastblade
Who can resist Natalie Portman? I know I can't, and I am better than any Jedi.

So here is the plot (you listening Lucas??)

Obi thought he saw Padme winking at him. Obi uses the Jedi mindtrick to get her to bed. Padme liked it, REALLY liked it. Padme propose to Ani about a 3 some (she always dream of having 2 light sabres in bed). Ani got angry, ani got jealous, ani try to kill that *#$&(!&!@*# Obi.

Obi, having released his sexual frustration, become a more powerful jedi and whooped Ani's butt. Padme can't decide which one she rather have, so she went for Yoda DA MAN (especially after that awe-inspiring commercial). Yoda couldn't resist Natalie, oops I mean Padme either. But the Jedi council found out about Yoda's "scandal", he was impeached, got sent to some swamp.

Ani, after being humiliated by Obi, decide to go for an alternative lifestyle. At the galaxy-famous gay bar, the Blue Oyster Club, he met up with Dooku and Palpatine and joined the club.

Movie ends with Freudian lecture on how the whole galaxy is a repressed society that needs to channel its sexual energy into a more positive environment.

what are you on and can I have some of it?
Old 11-14-02, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by Palaver
Well, as long as we're speculating here, I think I have it figured out...

The Jedi's find out about Anakin's and Padme's marriage. They tell him he must choose: his marriage or the Jedi order. He can't be committed to both. He chooses the marriage (but this may cause some resentment towards Padme since he gave up so much for her.)

Palpatine (since he sees so much potential in Anakin) offers him a position as his personal bodyguard. Since we already know that Anakin has respect for Papatine, he readily accepts.

Then as the lines become drawn more clearly, the Jedi begin to realize Palpatine's ambitions and his inclination to the dark side. Obi-Wan tries to convince Anakin about Palpatine's dark side, but he won't hear it. Palpatine was the only one who believed in him when he was rejected by the Jedi. A fight ensues, and Anakin's journey to the dark side it complete.

After Obi-Wan defeats Anakin and disfigures him, Anakin swears revenge against all the Jedi and aides Palpatine in their destruction.

Leading us to Episode IV..

At least that is my theory.
This is an excellent idea! Please e-mail this to George Lucas!!
Old 11-14-02, 10:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
If anything, Padme will leave Anakin for Bail Organa. Just my $.02.
Old 11-14-02, 03:28 PM

I don't know if you all know this, but Anakin is going to kill Dooku, replacing him as the #1 to the emporer. Only after Dooku kills Samuel L. The part that I'm wondering is if there going to show Padme carrying the twins....
Old 11-14-02, 04:46 PM

How about:

Ep III opens with Anakin still awaiting the trials. "Darn, Obi-Wan won't let me take them. He says I'm not ready. I hate him." The Clone Wars are drawing to an end, but Count Dooku is still at large, and Palpatine convinces everyone he is threatened by the Sith (Dooku and another, that's his story). The Jedi are seriously weakened due to the influence of the Dark Side and losses sustained in the Clone Wars, so while they debate what should be done about Dooku and the "other" Sith, Palpatine convinces Anakin that if he were to go find and defeat Dooku ("You are clearly ready to be a Jedi, if Obi-Wan doesn't see it, prove it.") the Council will have no choice but to make him a Jedi. So off Anakin goes to find Dooku...

Dooku and Anakin do battle. In the process, Dooku reveals that Palpatine is Sidious and Sidious had him (Dooku) arrange the capture of Shmi by the Tusken raiders as part of a plan to draw out Anakin's anger. In a rageful fit of disbelief, Anakin defeats Dooku, taking yet another step toward the darkside and opening the way for him to become apprentice to Sidious.

While Anakin is on his quest for Dooku, Padme reveals she is married and pregnant with Anakin's child to Obi-Wan. And about this time the Jedi Council sense the Dark Side's presence in Anakin. The Jedi Council feels it would be best to hide Padme until things become more clear, Obi-Wan is chosen to take her into hiding.

Anakin returns and learns he has been expelled from the Jedi Order. Palpatine spins a story of the Jedi Council being a road-block to any hope of maintaining the Republic, he also reveals the Jedi have hidden Padme and promises Anakin he will help Anakin find Padme, if he will only help to rid him of that troublesome Jedi Council.

Anakin, pissed that no one respects his defeating Dooku, pissed that he has been expelled, pissed that Obi-Wan took off with Padme, is more than happy to become Sidious' right hand.

Anakin begins exterminating the Jedi, culminates in a battle with Mace and Obi-Wan where Mace is vanquished, but Obi-Wan cannot bring himself to kill letting him live with the injuries that necessitate the walking life support system.

Yoda and Obi-Wan are the only known surviving Jedi. Still not knowing who the Sith Master is they hide Luke, Leia, Padme and themselves hoping for a future opportunity to bring the Force back into balance.
Old 11-14-02, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DVD Giant
I don't know if you all know this, but Anakin is going to kill Dooku, replacing him as the #1 to the emporer. Only after Dooku kills Samuel L. The part that I'm wondering is if there going to show Padme carrying the twins....
I think a more powerful idea would be for Boba Fett to disintegrate Mace Windu, not Dooku. Dooku has already proven his lightsaber prowess, and will no doubt fight Anakin in the next one. (Some people think Dooku is Anakin's dad --- I hate that theory )
Old 11-14-02, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Re: Epi 3 ideas...

Originally posted by embrypotzebra
From what I've noticed most in AOTC, I think Obi Won and Padme will have an affair that will drive Anakin to the darkside.
You have got to be kidding....
Old 11-14-02, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
The part that I'm wondering is if there going to show Padme carrying the twins....
I hope not. That would give away the revalation in ROTJ.
Old 11-14-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

after Dooku kills Samuel L. ...
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I want Ani to kill all the Jedi by himself!!! One by one. Slowly. None of this all at once by blowing up the temple crap. I want Jedi slayage. Thats what the fat bearded ones been selling Vaders backstory as all these years so do it.

All the Jedi, even the little brats in that Jedi daycare place. Step on them like cockroaches.

Last edited by joltaddict; 11-14-02 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-14-02, 08:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What there needs to be is an official Star Wars discussion thread, where everyone can discuss it. Then when a seperate thread is released, it can be closed because they didn't post in the official thread. They do that at HTF and it certainly keeps the thread from being hijacked by numerous Star Wars threads.
Old 11-14-02, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes because the One and Only Thread is working so well in the main forum.
Old 11-17-02, 01:01 AM

Here is some concept (fan)art I've done for Episode 3:

ep 3 concepts

I actually don't speculate and read up on all the current rumors. Anything cool that might eventually materialize in the next movie, I'm sure George will goof up.

For example:
Was the "Jedi battle" in Episode 2 better than what anyone imagined in their mind to be when they first heard it as a rumor? The Jedi just weren't cool, other than the lead characters (even most of them are debatable, although I think Ewan was quite solid). Seeing hundreds of lightsabres wieldied by people who looked like they were plucked out of a shopping mall cheapens the whole concept for me. They didn't look like they knew what they were doing, in real life and in the film. Half the Jedi there were felled by droids which we know to be useless and inept? (see episode 1) The lightsabre looked and sounded infinitely more lethal in Alec Guiness' hands.

As you can tell, I can ramble on about what I think of Stars Wars forever. It's probably best for everybody that I stop here hehe.

Last edited by chucks888; 11-17-02 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-17-02, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by chucks888

I actually don't speculate and read up on all the current rumors. Anything cool that might eventually materialize in the next movie, I'm sure George will goof up.

For example:
Was the "Jedi battle" in Episode 2 better than what anyone imagined in their mind to be when they first heard it as a rumor? The Jedi just weren't cool, other than the lead characters (even most of them are debatable, although I think Ewan was quite solid). Seeing hundreds of lightsabres wieldied by people who looked like they were plucked out of a shopping mall cheapens the whole concept for me. They didn't look like they knew what they were doing, in real life and in the film. Half the Jedi there were felled by droids which we know to be useless and inept? (see episode 1) The lightsabre looked and sounded infinitely more lethal in Alec Guiness' hands.
I disagree. First off, everyone imagined something differant, and unless Lucas can make millions of differant versions everyone can't be happy.

Second, 99% of the time what you imagine what you'll see doesn't even compare to what comes out on the screen. I guess this is why people tend to like the book better then the movie. Its not just Lucas that "goofs up".

I do agree that staying away from rumors/new etc makes the experiance better. Its very hard to live up to hype. Episode I had so much hype surrounding it that it was nearly impossible for the movie to live up to it.
Old 11-17-02, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by chucks888
Here is some concept (fan)art I've done for Episode 3:

ep 3 concepts

For example:
What movie were you watching? Each Jedi in the arena battle was filmed seperate from the rest so if does look crowded and il-rehearsed keep in mind they are acting against a blue screen and they filled in the droids later. Each Jedi (well actor in this case) had a history of sword play and were taught an individual style by Nic Gilard. Yeah I think its lame that the a large chunk of those Jedi were over taken by droids but if you look at the half of them..some of them were Padawans. A Jedi against one blaster is bad enough...but one Jedi against several blasters? Coming at every angle? How do you know some if those Jedi lacked field experience? Keep in mind this is the BEGINNING of the Clone Wars. When Episode III picks up its at the end of it all. Watch the extras on Disc Two and maybe youll appreciate that sequence a lot more.
Old 11-17-02, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
The only thing that doesn't make sense is that if Anakin chooses marriage over the jedi order, gets really angry, goes dark, and then chooses the emperor over padme??? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

SPY
Old 11-17-02, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He wants power more than anything though.

I think Boba Fett will be too young to do ANY disintigrating... I hope he's not in the picture at all.

We know Mace will die, so I hope it's at the hands of Anakin... I also hope to see Anakin enter the temple and kill the entire council (except for Yoda of course) it doesn't need to be violent or gory, but you know, creepy... the kind of creepy you don't get from having the temple blown up or something. Just something to show he's evil.

Then he of course fights Obi Wan, who puts him in the suit... I'd imagine that would be the final battle. With the last 20 minutes or so showing where everyone goes, and how then has Anakin in the Vader suit.

I'm sure that earlier on Anakin will also have to kill Dooku, to take his place... so the two sith rule goes. Of course, I suppose Dooku could die some other way, then Palpatine gets Anakin, but I think it's clear that Palpatine has been planning to get Anakin for a while.

I'd like to see Tarkin too...

It's a lot to cram into a picture. We know that there has to be something that turns Anakin, something that makes him go to Palpatine, the death of the republic, extermination of the jedi, Anakin's injurys leading to the suit, the whole pregnancy thing..
Old 11-17-02, 10:40 AM

What movie were you watching? Each Jedi in the arena battle was filmed seperate from the rest so if does look crowded and il-rehearsed keep in mind they are acting against a blue screen and they filled in the droids later
Obviously, Episode 2, as even you're trying defend the reason why it looks bad. I don't care why it looked bad. It looked bad. Yes, this film is heavily blue screen dependent. And that's one of the reasons it looks awful. I was shocked at how unsuccessful ILM was in integrating bluescreen elements.

Each Jedi (well actor in this case) had a history of sword play and were taught an individual style by Nic Gilard
I don't quite care. They could've been taught by the greatest swordsman ever lived. When filtered through Lucas, it won't really matter when they have a Jedi jump on a platform, look at Dooku and get shot off by a blaster. Oh boy, that's cool!

A Jedi against one blaster is bad enough...but one Jedi against several blasters? Coming at every angle? How do you know some if those Jedi lacked field experience?
That's right. How would I know this? It's not obviously made clear in the story. Am I supposed to just make it up and pretend like I know what I'm talking about like so many people do these days?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.