Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MechAssault + Xbox Live

Oh. My. God.

all I can say about it
Old 11-13-02, 11:22 PM
RVP

Which Mech is you peoples favorite? Favorite weapon?

Right now mine is Summoner but I havent played many yet. He has a awesome charged up rocket launcer.
Old 11-13-02, 11:27 PM
Suspended

I started out just using the Atlas because it was so big and nasty, but decided on the Mad Cat, it's great. They have 4 missiles per shot so you can sit back and tear people up, plus twin PPC cannons that have to charge up for a second then hit something real hard. And when you get powerups for your weapon types they get better and hit harder, a madcat with full missile powerups will take out almost anything. But then, it just fits the way I like to play, there's so many different ones and each one has strengths and weaknesses. You should try em all

I think I'm gonna try playing with some light and fast mechs for a while and see how I like em
Old 11-14-02, 06:12 AM

Is there a co-op mode? I want to get this game.
Old 11-14-02, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Damnit you guys keep saying how addictive this game is, you're going to make me go farther into debt to get it. I was already planning on getting UT stop making me spend!!!!!
Old 11-14-02, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I'm in the minority again.

Did anyone play 'Alien Front Online' for the Dreamcast? This is the same game, with better graphics.

I guess it's pretty much what it's supposed to be, but I wish they could have added more online play modes. I've only tried deathmatch and team deathmatch so far, but I don't see playing MA online for more than a month or so.

I guess I was expecting a bit more strategy, but it's pretty much just slug it out, die, respawn and jump back into it.

So far, the single player campaign interests me more.

With Unreal Championship on order from fye.com, I'm wondering if it's worth owning it and Mech Assault.
Old 11-14-02, 09:27 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Gromit
I think I'm in the minority again.

Did anyone play 'Alien Front Online' for the Dreamcast? This is the same game, with better graphics.

I guess it's pretty much what it's supposed to be, but I wish they could have added more online play modes. I've only tried deathmatch and team deathmatch so far, but I don't see playing MA online for more than a month or so.

I guess I was expecting a bit more strategy, but it's pretty much just slug it out, die, respawn and jump back into it.

So far, the single player campaign interests me more.

With Unreal Championship on order from fye.com, I'm wondering if it's worth owning it and Mech Assault.
Probably not. Wanna sell your MA copy to me?
Old 11-15-02, 01:14 AM
Suspended

The single player mode is kind of fun, but not very long. I beat it in like 6 hours Good thing about that though, is it unlocks a really nasty mech for multiplayer called Ragnarok.

People have been saying that tomorrow (when Live is officially live) there will be MechAssault stuff to download, they're saying new mechs, new maps and a capture the flag game. I like the Team Destruction the best, it's a lot of fun and can get really intense especially if you're in a talkative group
Old 11-15-02, 01:21 AM
Mod Emeritus

I can't wait to get this tomorrow, I hope Walmart has XBL!
Old 11-15-02, 06:30 AM

My favorite mech so far is the Vulture. It's not too slow and the long range missiles are a plus, but I wish it did have jump jets.
Old 11-15-02, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Capture the flag would be GREAT. That's all I need is something more than deathmatch.

After playing some more last night, I am liking Mech Assault more. Mainly that's based on the single player campaign though.

I still thing global chat is useless. I was in a game last night and one of the guys was trying to strategize:

"OK guys, they're coming up the middle. Let's move the right and stick together."

I have no idea if he was on my team or not.

The stats at the end of a match are wrong sometimes too. I was kicking butt in one game last night. I had at least 10 kills and died 2 times (maybe 3). At one point, I had the ultimate missles and took out 3 mechs in a 3 on 1 battle. Other players were cheering, oooohing and aaaaahing (of course, I have no idea which team they were on).

At the end of the match my totals were 4 kills, 1 death. HUH?

After thinking I'm getting good, I read on IGN that people are complaining about the power of the Mad Cat. I played some of the previous MechWarrior games on the PC and since I recognized the name, I went with the MadCat. Turns out the dual PPCs give it a big advantage. And I thought I was turning into a Mech Assault god.

Team deathmatch is fun, but it gets old quick. I tried to play "you're it" or "last man standing", but there weren't any games going.
Old 11-15-02, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did any of you guys play him last night?

Old 11-19-02, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
So how does this game compare to Unreal? Is it like Unreal except your a Mech?

Also, does it let you have a guest signed in & play with you on your Xbox?
Old 11-19-02, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by brianluvdvd
So how does this game compare to Unreal? Is it like Unreal except your a Mech?
Except you're a mech.... and it's slower and your energy lasts longer... and it's 3rd person.

Also, does it let you have a guest signed in & play with you on your Xbox?
It does.
Old 11-19-02, 09:31 AM

I have to agree with Gromit on this one. This game let me down big time. I'm actually returning it today and getting UC. To be honest Mech Assault is nothing but a straff and fire fest and has almost no strategy UNLESS (the key) you have a group of people you know and you actually truly work together. I've played tons of games and 90% of the time there is little to NO strategy discussed or used. So, even in team games you get the feeling that you are fighting alone most of the time. My buddy liked the game and talked me into giving it a few more hours of play, which I did, but I still couldn't see the fun in the online straff and fire no brainer play. I actually like the single player mode better. I figure if I'm going to straff and fire then I might as well have UC with more maps, weapons, etc. Just my 2 cents. I really wanted to like this game too.
Old 11-19-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Action = Awesome
Graphics = Below Xbox potential
Gameplay = - = no capture the flag
Lobby = sucks arse

I think MA is a great game, even though I'm only playing it for half the time that I'm on live. I would love play it more, but it would need to have a half way desent lobby, which it doesn't. Re-volt has a better lobby that MA !!!!! It's a great third person shooter game, but I find myself getting bored and playing a different group of people every game. I wish I we could rematch which would give me more replay value. I really would like to see a capture the flag mode.

After a while on MA, I find myself craving a nice long game of Football.
Old 11-19-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can someone describe the gameplay? I'm normally not a big fan of the "Gigantic Robot" genre.........
Old 11-19-02, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm keeping MA, even though the online play is a bit of a disappointment.

I like the single player campaign, so that's a plus. I played online with a co-worker this weekend, which made it more interesting for some reason.

If they add a CTF download, I'll be thrilled. Otherwise, I'll play MA online every now and then, I just think it's too shallow to be a long-term online game.
Old 11-21-02, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can this price be right? (See link below) The Gamestop link is blocked here at work so I can't check........

http://www.pricescan.com/videogames/...item811387.asp
Old 11-21-02, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mech Assault
Price: $49.99 Platform: XBOX
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours ESRB: Teen

Mech Assault Official Strategy Guide
Price: $14.99 Platform: XBOX
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours ESRB:

Old 11-21-02, 09:47 AM

Well, I've changed my mind. After getting together and actually playing with some friends I've decided to keep MA. I kept hearing stories of people getting killed in UC as soon as they spawned and it brought back memories of my PC online try at the original Unreal frag fest. I felt like I couldn't get started. Anyway, all my buds have MA and there is supposed to be a bunch of download content on the way so I'm sticking with it. I have so many games that it won't matter if I don't play it much anyway. I have wayyyy too many games to play right now.
So, the freinds playing was a lot more fun. Also I played some games with just like 4 people. This was more fun than having 8 to me unless you play 4 on4 and you actually know the 4 people you are playing with. The biggest complaint now is that you have to RE host each time. This had better be fixed.
Old 11-21-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Lampei
Mech Assault
Price: $49.99 Platform: XBOX
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours ESRB: Teen

Mech Assault Official Strategy Guide
Price: $14.99 Platform: XBOX
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours ESRB:

Bummer........
Old 11-21-02, 09:51 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I've been having a blast playing this game the past few nights. So much so that my thumb is numb in a portion of it.

The live stuff is great I've mainly played team destruction and some not it.

Not it is great fun.

WIll probably be online tonight and setup a game or two. Gamertag is Jalth.
Old 11-21-02, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Kainan
Well, I've changed my mind. After getting together and actually playing with some friends I've decided to keep MA. I kept hearing stories of people getting killed in UC as soon as they spawned and it brought back memories of my PC online try at the original Unreal frag fest. I felt like I couldn't get started. Anyway, all my buds have MA and there is supposed to be a bunch of download content on the way so I'm sticking with it. I have so many games that it won't matter if I don't play it much anyway. I have wayyyy too many games to play right now.
So, the freinds playing was a lot more fun. Also I played some games with just like 4 people. This was more fun than having 8 to me unless you play 4 on4 and you actually know the 4 people you are playing with. The biggest complaint now is that you have to RE host each time. This had better be fixed.
That's pretty much exactly how I feel. I don't know why, but I had a lot more fun playing with a couple of guys I know.

Did anyone hear about the #1 ranked deathmatch player? This is the 'every man for himself' version, not team deathmatch. He has 2 people to "protect" him. If you play him, you're playing against 3 guys. He says he has to do this because everyone is gunning for him. 4,000 + kills in 1 week.

Pathetic.
Old 11-21-02, 07:28 PM
Suspended

It's not even worth trying to get your name on the lists. Just log on, play and have fun. The people at the top of the list will always be the biggest losers with the most amount of time on their hands to do nothing but play all day and night. Personally I'd rather have a life and play for the fun of it, instead of play for my life

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.