Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Unfaithful DVD Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-02, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfaithful DVD Review

Here is a link to our DVD Review of Unfaithful:

http://www.upcomingdiscs.com/dvd_rev..._where=studios
Old 11-14-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatever happened to that martin jeeves/trevor bateman dude that used to post on these forums? the guy was obsessed with Diane Lane. He would appreciate the review to be sure!
Old 11-16-02, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone see this in the theater??? I have really become a Diane Lane fan over the last few years!!! Love her acting....how is the movie????
Old 11-17-02, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes, I saw it in the theatre. I've been a Diane Lane fan for several decades. While I felt "Unfaithful" was quite good, it is Diane's performance which is especially remarkable. There is one scene on a train which is unforgettable, as you watch so many shades of emotion cross her face, and you know exactly what she's feeling. It is definitely an Oscar nomination-worthy performance, but one I'm afraid will be overlooked because it's an "Adrian Lyne film" and was released too early in the year for voters' memories. You MUST see this if you're a Diane fan -- and you'll probably want to own it.
Old 11-17-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by rkndkn
Yes, I saw it in the theatre. I've been a Diane Lane fan for several decades. While I felt "Unfaithful" was quite good, it is Diane's performance which is especially remarkable. There is one scene on a train which is unforgettable, as you watch so many shades of emotion cross her face, and you know exactly what she's feeling. It is definitely an Oscar nomination-worthy performance, but one I'm afraid will be overlooked because it's an "Adrian Lyne film" and was released too early in the year for voters' memories. You MUST see this if you're a Diane fan -- and you'll probably want to own it.

Thanks...preordered it today with a bunch of other Dec and Jan titles!!!
Old 11-18-02, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes Dinae Lane is aging veru well thank you very much...Unlike say Farrah Fawcett..
Old 11-23-02, 08:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
It was very good mvie. I agree Diane Lane was great in it. As far as the Oscar goes I think that's why they're relesing it so late on dvd. I think this came out in the right around spider-man in May so I think she still has a shot.
Old 11-27-02, 06:55 PM

Coming from a female's point of view, man who would cheat on Ricard Gere?
Richard Gere is better looking (my opinion) than the other guy.
I wouldn't have gone in that guy's house after I fell.
I've only seen the trailer/previews and I'm getting this disc.
Old 12-02-02, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, once you see the movie, you will see that the wife didn't want to go to the other guys house after falling. But then she has a flashback to when Richard bought a gerbil the week before, and she has a change of heart.
Old 12-03-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The first hour is good, the second hour, not so good.
Old 12-07-02, 09:23 AM
Banned

I got it and it's a great movie and disc

Mine arrived yesterday and I spent most of the night watching it. It's a great movie and the disc is feature-loaded with good picture and sound. The acting by Diane Lane has to be seen to be believed.
Old 12-11-02, 11:55 AM
Banned

Charlie Rose Interview

Does anyone else think that the Charlie Rose Show interviews with Diane Lane etc is so COOL! A really great and entertaining interview and a cool supplement. Charlie rocks!
Old 12-11-02, 01:37 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I saw a sneak preview of this movie, and when it came out in theaters. My GF absolutly LOVES this movie, so I guess I will be buying the DVD....

For Diane Lane fans, apparently she will be starring in the upcoming remake of Dawn of the Dead.
Old 12-11-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I did think this was a pretty good movie and the performances were great. However being married, this is not exactly the happiest film for me to watch. I won't be getting this DVD. It's just not a fun subject to think about.
Old 12-12-02, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I enjoyed the movie but am debating on whether to pick this one up. Diane Lane is the only replay value IMO.

DVDfile gave it a strong review. Here it is http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...faithful.html.
Old 12-16-02, 07:57 AM
Banned

Here's the reviews:

There is tons of great supplements on this disc!

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...nfaithful.html

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/unfaithful.shtml
Old 12-19-02, 12:44 AM

I haven't seen "Unfaithful" yet even though I purchased the movie on Tuesday.
I thought abot this.

I realize both "Fatal Attraction" and "Unfaithful" were made by the same director.
Well, I have seen the trailers for "Unfaithful".
In "Fatal Attraction" do you remember when Michael Douglas was outside and his umbrella turned upside down because of a strong gust of wind from the rain?
Well, in "Unfaithful" doesn't Diane fall down?
Itsn't it raining in that movie too when this happens?

Last edited by pcdoctor; 12-19-02 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-20-02, 02:36 PM
Banned

This was an AMAZING movie and a superb DVD. I rented it yesterday and I bought it today. Great stuff!
Old 12-21-02, 05:41 PM

Too slow of a movie. Okay for a rent, but not worth getting on DVD.
Old 12-22-02, 01:47 AM

Just rented it today. For me, the only good parts are seeing Diane Lane naked. I felt the movie was too slow. I thought it was going to be Fatal Attraction w/ a psycho new boyfriend, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe if Richard Gere was an ass... I'd be able to understand why she had the affair. Seemed to have a happy life.
Old 12-23-02, 11:42 AM
Banned

An amazing thriller that is as thoughtful and mature as it is sexy and cool. Diane Lane gives the performance of her long career here. The DVD is an absolute cracker with a huge amount of quality extras. Video and audio are of reference standard.
Old 12-24-02, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

guess i'm the only one who actively hated this movie

Spoiler:

i didn't find any of the characters sympathetic or worthy of investing time in seeing them make their way thru their 'dilemna'.
The kid from Malcom in The Middle REALLY got on my nerves. vaccuous, and desperately cute in the most antiseptic way, i was expecting them to let on that he was a retarded child, but i can't remember if this info was ever divulged in the film.
even though he was a minor character, he basically represents a major component of the other side of the equation for the main characters choice.
lusty, naughty stolen moments with sterotypical harlequin romance protagonist* or preform servitude to this sickly sweet, contrived urchin and boring but beautiful bread-winner that sired him.

since i found that character so cute, forced, and phoney, i couldn't invest any concern for her "normal life" being in jeopardy.
that was my biggest problem with the film.
after that, its just watching selfish people indulge themselves, and the Rich, Beautiful, Wonderfully Blessed White Anglo Suburban Couple who are at the center of, and instigate all this unpleasantness get a free pass at the end.

oh yeah...right, they are stopped at the light...so we have to wonder to ourselves of the path they took.
*cough********cough*

everything about this movie rubbed me the wrong the way.

*just how stock is this guy? let's go thru the list:
accent? check;
quotes poetry? check;
handsome, young, virile?check, check, check;
impossibly cushy job that allows him to indulge in all contrived machinations of the 'plot'? check)

the girl i was with didn't seem to hate it as much as me, but she did comment that she was disappointed.

thankfully, as a fan of Lane, i can still look forward to her best film coming out in a couple weeks.
Old 12-25-02, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally posted by GizmoDVD
My GF absolutly LOVES this movie...
You might want to have a talk with her (or at least follow her). I don't know if that is necessarily a good thing.

Anybody disappointed in this:
Spoiler:
This movie was good until the murder. I thought it was an unnecessary "Hollywood" addition. My wife and I were more fascinated with the affair itself & how they were dealing with it. The murder and everything after seemed like the normal formula
Old 12-25-02, 10:54 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
My only beef is that why was a movie like this released in 2 separate formats? Usually, it's just mindless fodder like MIB 2 or Goldmember that get separate releases.

Reason I bring it up, is that my local Blockbuster only carried the Full Frame version - needless to say I did not rent it from them.

As for the movie -
Old 12-26-02, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Geofferson
My only beef is that why was a movie like this released in 2 separate formats? Usually, it's just mindless fodder like MIB 2 or Goldmember that get separate releases.

Reason I bring it up, is that my local Blockbuster only carried the Full Frame version - needless to say I did not rent it from them.

As for the movie -
i saw screen caps from this before we actually went to the show, and i was surprised how different the framing was in the theater.
i have a sneaking suspicion that it was shot full frame and matted for the widescreen disc.
so if you want to appreciate the art that is unfaithful, pick up the widescreen version.
if you just want to perv out over miss lane, the full frame will probably give you more...ahem...of the picture.

Dl is a favorite of mine, but i just found this movie way to weak to want to own.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.