Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

XBox game reviews? Ghost Recon, Jedi Outcast?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-02, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen reviews for these games anywhere?
Old 11-12-02, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Well - I've played both on the PC and both are good games. Not awesome, but good. Jedi kinda sucks until you get a lightsaber and Ghost Recon is a really good Tom Clancy game. I've heard the Xbox ports are both very well done and pretty similar to the PC counterpart.
Old 11-12-02, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nothing yet, but based on the PC version and what game developers said they put into the game during interviews, I'll be buying Ghost Recon regardless of reviewer feedback.
Old 11-12-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The December issue of OXM gave them both a 9.0
Old 11-12-02, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Where the hell is Medal of Honor : Frontline for the XBOX? I thought it shipped a week ago but I've yet to see a copy in any store.......
Old 11-12-02, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw it here in NYC last Friday, so it's out for sure.

Jeremy
Old 11-14-02, 11:25 AM
Banned

Now that Ghost Recon is out, who has it? Any opinions? Is it true you can only play two-players at the same time if you just have one XBox?

Last edited by Face/Off; 11-14-02 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-14-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have it in front of me, but I was thinking that OXM gave both games 9.0 out of 10.0.
Old 11-14-02, 12:38 PM

I played ghost recon for about 15 minutes last night...nothing too impressive. it seems like the type of game you really have to spend time on though. the game feels like it needed more work. lots of things were getting me and my friends annoyed with the interface. the point of view seems a little awkward. the reticle needs to be changed. the frame rates are sub 30fps sometimes.

the player models were amazing though. too bad graphics don't make a game.
Old 11-14-02, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Face/Off
Now that Ghost Recon is out, who has it? Any opinions? Is it true you can only play two-players at the same time if you just have one XBox?
Yes it's true you can only have two-players at the same time if you just have one Xbox. Not only that you can only have one player per Xbox through system link or Xbox Live.

With all of the drawbacks this is an awsome game. This is a tactical FPS. If you run and gun you will most likely die. If you move too fast you will most likely die. This is a game where you move slow, crawl on your belly through the mud, and take out enemies from a distance. You will sometimes have to run, and you will sometimes have close quarters combat. But most of the time you will slowly and methodically take out your enemies.

I played this on the PC, but I picked up the Xbox version and played for about two hours last night. I like that you have unlockable characters, maps and weapons. I like that your teammates (AI) gain experience as you progress through the campaign. I enjoy the one shot one kill gameplay (even though it might take a couple of shots to put down an enemy). It's very tense and exciting.

I can't wait to have a LAN party (I might not get Xbox Live right away). I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes tactical FPS.