Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Question about buffy/angel story arc...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-02, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about buffy/angel story arc...

i was just watching a repeat of buffy - "harsh light of day" where spike returns in search of the Gem of Amara. in the end, buffy gets the gem and decides to send it to angel. i don't ever recall the story mentioning angel losing it or destroying it. so why isn't angel invulnerable to being staked or to sunlight?

or is this just an inconsistency that the writers deemed insignificant enough to ignore?
Old 11-10-02, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Question about buffy/angel story arc...

Originally posted by hahn
i was just watching a repeat of buffy - "harsh light of day" where spike returns in search of the Gem of Amara. in the end, buffy gets the gem and decides to send it to angel. i don't ever recall the story mentioning angel losing it or destroying it. so why isn't angel invulnerable to being staked or to sunlight?

or is this just an inconsistency that the writers deemed insignificant enough to ignore?
In the related episode of Angel, Spike went after it, but Angel managed to wrest it away from him. He destroyed it rather than letting it fall into another vampire's hands. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Old 11-10-02, 07:43 PM

Well angel is a "true warrior", which i understand to be someone with a lot of hubris and a lot of silly decision making, like, oh, destroying something that would make you pretty much invincible.. but the authors usually call "nobility" or whatever
Old 11-10-02, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 354 Likes on 229 Posts
I think Angel destroyed it because he was afraid that if he ever became Angelus again, he would be invincible-Angelus.

tasha
Old 11-11-02, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Question about buffy/angel story arc...

Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
In the related episode of Angel, Spike went after it, but Angel managed to wrest it away from him. He destroyed it rather than letting it fall into another vampire's hands. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
ah, i see. that explains it then. i didn't start following angel until last season.