Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix is not reading customer's emails

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-02, 10:10 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Original Message to Netflix:

Hello, I use Netflix service on and off since December, 2000.
I have rented a significant amount of DVDs since joining the club. US
Post office has never failed to deliver a Dvd to me and back to you.
However in less than a month 2 dvds from my account did not find it way
back to Netflix.
I used 2 different post office boxes in different parts of Brooklyn to
mail it to you. It seems that the problem lies closer to home ("lost"
next to your distribution center perhaps?")
Obviously if the trend will continue I'll no longer be able to be a
customer since it ruins my overall experience.
Is there a rise of non-deliveries back to your Queens distribution
center, or my case is just an exception?
Sincerely,

Response from Netflix:

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

We truly apologize for any delays you have experienced in receiving your orders. If losses are occurring on the way to you, you may want to consider an alternate shipping address in order to alleviate these delays. If the losses are occurring on the way to us, we suggest sending the DVDs back from another location (mailbox or post office).

To help resolve the issue, we recommend that you file a complaint by calling 1-800-ASK-USPS. In order to register a complaint, you should dial the above number, select Option 1, Option 7, and Option 3. You will then be directed to a USPS customer service rep who will log your complaint. Once you receive a case number from them, please email us the
number issued. Our Postal Liaison will then be able to work with your Post Master to resolve the issue. Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
contact us.

Thanks,
Angela
Netflix.com
Customer Service

My planned response:

THANK YOU FOR NOT READING MY EMAIL AND SENDING BACK A STANDARIZED RESPONSE.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW: WAS IT BECAUSE THE FONT WAS TO SMALL? DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU HIRE INCOMPETENT CSR, OR JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS?

P.S. I CAN ALWAYS INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE FONT, JUST LET ME KNOW TO WHAT SIZE.
Old 11-08-02, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, good luck. I am so disappointed these on-line DVD rental places can't get their act together because I love the idea - it is a great way to make my movie watching more convenient.

However, about a year and a half ago, I was like you with NetFlix. Over the course of about 8 months, they managed to "lose" 4-5 of my titles (mailed from different boxes) - meanwhile, mine always managed to get to me. Insurance fraud maybe? You be the judge.

So, I switch to RentMyDVD. Quick service, great customer service, nothing getting lost. Unfortunately, and most critically, NO INVENTORY. And they don't have 1/2 of the titles stocked by Netflix. I had a wish list of 85 titles, and not one of them came in over the course of 3 weeks. You've got to be kidding.

So, now I am back to buying the titles that I may like enough to keep.......and the others I will wait until they are on the $1.50 rack at the local grocery store.

Hopefully, someone will come along and figure out how to do it right.
Old 11-08-02, 12:27 PM

I had similar problem with Netflix. 3 DVD's that I mailed back never got to the East Coast dist. center which is located within the same zip code (11354) as my home address. This happened in March I think. I never got anywhere with CSR. I got fed up & cancel the membership. Now I buy DVD that I want to watch thru CH 7 other great deals posted in Bargain DVD section.
Old 11-08-02, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm sorry, what did you say? I didn't read your post.
Old 11-10-02, 04:02 PM
Cool New Member

Another reply from Netflix:

Another reply from Netflix:

Thanks for your message. We are seeing losses and delays in your area.
It is currently under investigation at this time. Netflix uses the
U.S. Postal Service to ship discs to our customers. In our experience, this method of delivery is reliable and fast. ...

At least they admit there is a problem
Old 11-10-02, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really hate it when someone who's job it is to answer such mail, doesn't read them and sends the standard reply.

I remember having had this done to me by Amazon. In response I send a very pointed letter to a supervisor. My letter re-listed my questions and compared them with the response from left field by the CSR. In answering, the supervisor seemed embarassed, as well he / she (I don't remember which) should have been.

Some people just don't take pride in doing their jobs correctly. It has always been my opinion that a person should even do a job he/ she hates as well as possible. Without that there is no pride in ones self, regardless of what one thinks about the employer.
Old 11-10-02, 11:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Yeah I don't understand why they don't have the President of the Company personally reading and responding to the 3 million "when does matrix 2 cum on dvd plz?" emails.
Old 11-11-02, 04:55 PM

In defense of these CSRs, with the finanicial state of some of these places, they have cut the customer service staff down to nothing without any reduction in the amount of emails. I know of a couple of horror stories of CSRs being paid minimum wage to literally answer hundreds of emails a day. They are encouraged to skim the first couple of lines of the email (or sometimes even just the subject!) and then paste in one of so many pre-written replies, just to keep the "response rate" up.

There's good CSRs and bad ones - but working under those restrictions, it gets pretty hard to tell the difference.

Michelle
Old 11-11-02, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You might try out DVDOvernight. I've rented from them several times with no problems at all. Plus, the few times I've had to contact customer service, I've received personalized responses within a day.
Old 11-21-02, 10:54 AM
Cool New Member

I had enough, just cancelled my service after another new release didnt' make it back to NY distribution center. They definitely know there is a problem:
(1) only New releases are being stolen
(2) 2 CSR admitted it in an email and over the phone
(3) if only new releases are being "lost" in mail means that they are most likely receiving open envelopes w/ older releases or it is inside job.

To bad it takes them to long to figure it out. I wonder how many more customers in the same situation.
Old 11-22-02, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm having a bad problem in NY too.

The CSR said that less than 1% of their customers have any problems with disks getting lost in mail.

THey also said that they won't change their envelopes (which are big "STEAL ME" signs) cause that's their "advertising." Who are they advertising to? Me? I already am a member. The post office? Who?