Reload this Page >

Twilight Zone 11/6

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twilight Zone 11/6

Old 11-06-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Twilight Zone 11/6

I know that not everyone likes this series, and would wish for it t have a quick death, but I am slowly warming up to it, and have hopes for success of the series.

"Protect and Serve"

I thought this episode was pretty dull, except for a few minor scenes, the story proved to be pretty hackneyed. While I occational enjoyed "happy" endings in the original Twilight Zone (Ep.2 'One For the Angels' especially), the ending left me with a feeling similar to that of a 7th Heaven ending. Usher was decent, for a rapper/actor.

"Chosen" (I think)

I really (and always have) enjoyed Jay Busey's performance. Although similar versions of this story have been told, I think it tried to put as much of an original twist as it could on the whole concept. This episode feels more like an original series episode, because it left you (somewhat) guessing until the end.

All and all, definite improvement over last weeks episodes.
Old 11-07-02, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always seem to catch the second story Chosen was okay and I like Jake Busey as well.
the show seems allright- the writing is fairly hackneyed and something seems a little off.
While I am not rooting for its demise it seems to make me pine for CBSs version from the 80s.