DVD Talk
How Many Live DVDs Can 'The Dave Matthews Band' Release? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How Many Live DVDs Can 'The Dave Matthews Band' Release?

vegasbaby
11-06-02, 05:00 PM
I'm not really a big fan, but I find it almost laughable that they seem to release a live record/dvd every few months!

Can't they just focus on 1 thing rather than dilute their product?

Gdrlv
11-06-02, 05:10 PM
DMB still considers themselves part of the jamband scene, and releasing live material is an integral aspect of that scene. The Grateful Dead still releases numerous live albums and DVDs per year, and they haven't been a band since 95. Phish only started the "Live Phish" album project last year, and they've already released 16 multiple disc live sets since then. Hell, String Cheese Incident releases every single show they play as a live album, and they play over 150 shows per year.

I actually think releasing live stuff is a great idea, particularly when a band relies heavily on improvisation. They're not diluting their product at all. If their fanbase didn't demand it, it wouldn't be released.

By the way, I'm guessing that this will be moved to Music Talk verrrry quickly...

Static Cling
11-06-02, 05:13 PM
Good guess!

Sam See
11-06-02, 07:50 PM
They have only two live DVDs.

The other one is all of there Video's.

Get the facts first.

~Sam C.

Mike_AA
11-06-02, 08:27 PM
Yeah there's only two, one that JUST came out. So you're pretty much an idiot.

I hear the new DVD (Folsom Field) blows. Can anyone back this up? I heard complaints of motion sickness and terrible camera work / editing.

FadingSoul
11-06-02, 08:34 PM
Yeah, they had ONE Live DVD out until two days ago, that's soooo many, you moron.

Surf Monkey
11-06-02, 09:44 PM
Even the one was too many.

Mike_AA
11-06-02, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Surf Monkey
Even the one was too many. Yes, this coming from the man who owns Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. I'd much rather sit through Pee Wee than Dave.

Sam See
11-07-02, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Mike_AA
Yeah there's only two, one that JUST came out. So you're pretty much an idiot.

I hear the new DVD (Folsom Field) blows. Can anyone back this up? I heard complaints of motion sickness and terrible camera work / editing.

The DVD is average, but I think the songs on there are pretty good even though most of them are off the Everyday CD.

Be sure to check out JTR, DDTW and Two Step.

If I was you I would rather have the DVD then the CD.

~Sam C.

benedict
11-07-02, 03:18 PM
:down: :rolleyes:

Looks like a couple of guys here forgot the <b>No Personal Attacks</b> <A HREF="http://www.dvdtalk.com/legal.html" target="_blank">rule</a>PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT RULES FOR THIS FORUM AS YOU HEREBY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM
Note: DVD Talk has a zero tolerance policy for personal attacks. Posting something to the DVD Talk forum which personally attacks another forum member or contains profanity or any type of racial or ethnic slur will result in immediate suspension of your user account

See you in seven, maybe. No correspondence will be entered into.

Benedict
Moderator, Music Talk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0