Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

*BOSTON* WBCN X-Mas Rave 2002 *WHITE STRIPES/THE VINES + COLDPLAY/OK GO*

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-02, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got the info on the WBCN X-Mas rave concerts to benifit the Dana Farber Sunshine foundation

concerts are on December 11th and there is a total of 4 different concerts at 4 different venues, announced so far

The White Stripes & The Vines
preforming at Avalon it IS an ALL AGES show
Tickets go on sale 11/12 at 10:00am by calling (617) 423-NEXT or at http://www.nextticketing.com

Coldplay & OK GO
preforming at Orpheum Theatre it IS an ALL AGES show
tickets are on sale 11/11 at 10:00am at Ticketmaster.com or calling (617) 931-2000

the show at Paradise Rock club will be announced Wendesday and the Middle East (downstairs) & TT The Bears Place shows will be announced Thursday
Old 11-06-02, 01:56 PM

this is kind of huge news to me since I was hoping to see Coldplay over here soon, I've heard a few other coldplay shows being leaked out. I'm glad at least this show is not one of those radio station fests, but a proper COLDPLAY show.

OK Go are pretty good live, I saw them open up for the Cranberries earlier this year.
Old 11-07-02, 03:22 PM
Banned

Too bad bands apparently hate coming to New orleans. I would kill to see Coldplay.
Old 11-09-02, 10:33 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
here in DC, its COLDPLAY, THE VINES, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, ZWAN (with Billy Corgan), and some other one hit wonder bands (who I could frankly not give a **** about). I'm still gonna go, for the four aforementioned bands.

Looks like from WBCN's website that White Stripes are no longer on the bill, due to scheduling conflicts.

Last edited by Giles; 11-09-02 at 10:41 AM.